Bills Cornerbacks are terrible.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all 3 guys would get regular reps on most rosters. none have separated themselves with revis/peterson/sherman type play -- but there are a lot of starting corners, and not a lot of those guys.

That is exactly what I meant. Thanks. :thumbsup:

I would surmise McKelvin wouldn't be getting regular reps on the defensive side of the ball on most teams.

After his performance last season, I would surmise that you are wrong. He may have regressed.....but based on last season alone he would be slated as a starter on many, many teams.

I would surmise McKelvin wouldn't be getting regular reps on the defensive side of the ball on most teams.

i would surmise that you would be surprised watching other teams week in and week out. fans would be frustrated, but a lot of fan bases are frustrated as there arent near 64 corners (forget that nickel is base for most so 96 corners) that play up to "starting corner" expectations.

I have not read through this thread at all but considering the title I had to share this perspective ... Listening to Cleveland radio today and they are trashing Joe Haden as well. They have been very down on Justin Gilbert as well, their top pick, but give him more of a pass being a rookie. They are saying the rules are hurting Haden and he is crazy overrated and overpaid. They also referenced that Pettine requires his corners to be solid in his D and while that could work in Buffalo, they just don't have the same quality of speed and coverage ability with the Browns. Made me laugh at the dichotomy, not saying they are right.

I thought Gilmore played well week 2 and ok yesterday. McK has been ok. I don't think either are great, nor are they terrible. Graham has been the best of the 3 thru 3 weeks.

A good QB makes CBs look bad. I think the expectations here are a little unrealistic as to what a CB is supposed to do. You could have the greatest DBs ever but WRs will still get open at times. If have a great QB with the skill to see that there isn't much you can do.

+1

This game reminds me of that shootout at Candlestick Park in the 90s between the Bills with Kelly at QB and the 49ers with Young at QB; each team's D shut down the other's running game but neither team's secondary could stop the opposing team's passing game and the Bills won because they were the last team to score before time ran out.

We needed EJ to play at a level approaching Rivers' in order to win that game but he's just not there.

Edited by nonprophet

i would surmise that you would be surprised watching other teams week in and week out. fans would be frustrated, but a lot of fan bases are frustrated as there arent near 64 corners (forget that nickel is base for most so 96 corners) that play up to "starting corner" expectations.

I am not a casual fan who only watches the Bills. I watch a lot of football and he is plain and simply a bad CB who would be a rotational CB/ depth CB on the majority of rosters. He definitely wouldn't be #2 on the depth chart that is for sure.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

@JonahJavad: Looking at tape from #Bills #Chargers. Nickell Robey burned on Floyd deep ball. Gilmore gets screened on 1st SD TD. Ron Brooks beat on 2nd.

...in fairness to Gilmore, he was blocked before the ball was caught so no chance at defending the pass

He wasn't burned, he was illegally picked by Allen and it should have been an OPI call by the refs.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz