Should Orton start next week?

Dorkington

Who should start next week?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start next week?

• EJ Manuel
    • Kyle Orton

You know, I voted Orton, but as someone who has not been impressed with EJ (even in the games we won) I think we need him to stay in and get better. Orton would be a band-aid. Giving EJ time and experience in hopes that he eventually turns the corner might be frustrating right now but would be our best chance at seeing things get better for this team down the road.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're mad because he smiled because Woods doesn't look for the ball? Jesus get a grip. Seriously this is idiotic

Nah I'm not an idiot, just giving my opinion. I know the defense gave up long scoring drives and that's not on EJ but when the ball was in his hands he was inaccurate with his passes. If a teams running game isn't getting it done a franchise QB has got to be able to put the team on his shoulders to win the game. Right now EJ can't... Just a simple difference in what I would like too see in my franchise QB and what you would...

You people make me want to hang myself with a bed sheet.

You people make me want to hang myself with a bed sheet.

I have a feeling at this rate that the idiot thread for DC Tom may see a huge drop in the number of people he hasn't called an idiot yet....

Way too early, IMO. It was not a good game for him but certainly not bench-worthy. He left plays on the field he can learn from. Lots of blame to go around as usual after a loss. Move forward and win this week; lots of areas to improve upon, clearly. I had a feeling this was going to be a loss but had high hopes we could get it done at home. Time to bounce back.

If you want to make the playoffs each game must be treated like gold. We no longer have the luxury to wait to find out if EJ is an nfl qb. Orton shoild step in immediately.

I wouldn't start Orton against Houston, but I would certainly have a quick hook for EJ for the reason you just articulated. The rest of this team is ready to win now.

I wouldn't start Orton against Houston, but I would certainly have a quick hook for EJ for the reason you just articulated. The rest of this team is ready to win now.

then the rest of the team needs to play like it too. There was no shortage of players who did not play well today. There is a lot of talent, but they need to step it way up in several areas. This was a very good team but it was a winnable game had they played to their potential.

Can somebody tell me exactly why Orton is so much better than EJ...I mean an actual fact based response...

I know. There is no way EJ has played bad enough to lose the starting job after one loss this year. Gimme a break..

If EJ sucks game after game then its different. But he has to play for the time being without question. Benching him now would be completely crazy and would also ensure that the entire coaching staff would get fired at the end of the year.