1. 1. Who should start next week?

• EJ Manuel
    • Kyle Orton

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodgers' offense only scored 7 points today against a division rival. What should GB do about him? He's clearly not the answer this year.

He's clearly proven himself. Team won't dare to scheme around the idea trying to get Rodgers to beat you with his arm. That's not his fatal flaw. It is EJ's though.

Looks like the board moron count is trending toward 22%.

I voted for EJ. But man, this is going to be painful if EJ can't right this ship! The rest of the team is leaving the station... Will be frustrating if EJ can't get on board!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I decided not to come here for a while after the game, fully expecting the EJ bashing. I have defended EJ to this point, but his overall play today was poor. I was definitely pulling my hair out with his poor decisions and worse throws. The play where he escaped the sack and hit Chandler was big, and I had hoped it would turn things around, but it didn't and that was alarming. That being said, this was the best team the Bills have played this year and they played extremely well on defence. Taking the ball out of EJ's hands at this point would be stupid on so many levels. If the Bills ever want to elevate themselves to the upper echelon of the NFL, they need to either acquire a top notch qb or develop the best they have. Orton is a known commodity with limited upside, whereas EJ's "potential" ( hate that word when it comes to Bills qbs) is immense. The number of NFL qbs that were great in their first two years is minuscule in comparison to the list of great qbs that took 3 or 4 seasons to develop.

Edited by VanCity

These are simple growing pains. EJ learns from this and starts next week. Plus, look how many years it took for Rivers to become a decent QB.

Rivers sat behind Drew Brees for two seasons he was not costing the Chargers games all in the name or growing pains

These are simple growing pains. EJ learns from this and starts next week. Plus, look how many years it took for Rivers to become a decent QB.

Rivers was always decent from the get go, IMO. I'd be happier if EJ was throwing picks.

Rivers sat behind Drew Brees for two seasons he was not costing the Chargers games all in the name or growing pains

This^

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

easy answer, yes.. basic QBing today, they win.. MY opinion

When they needed to, SD scored on just about every drive. They weren't stopped until they went to the prevent offense. The Bills needed more than just EJ playing better to have been able to win this one IMHO.

He's clearly proven himself. Team won't dare to scheme around the idea trying to get Rodgers to beat you with his arm. That's not his fatal flaw. It is EJ's though.

I voted for EJ. But man, this is going to be painful if EJ can't right this ship! The rest of the team is leaving the station... Will be frustrating if EJ can't get on board!

EJ's top wide out targets: a rookie, a second year player and a FA acquisition. I'll live with these growing pains when it's a top 5 QB getting the win.

When they needed to, SD scored on just about every drive. They weren't stopped until they went to the prevent offense. The Bills needed more than just EJ playing better to have been able to win this one IMHO.

It was 13-3 at the half

They moved the ball well but they certainly didn't score at will . The fact is that they knew that once they got up a couple of scores that a qb of EJ's ability would not be able to bring us back without the help of turnovers or special teams

If EJ can gain playing experience thru osmosis if Orton is starting...then sure.

If not, then EJ needs all the playing experience he can get. At some point this season it would be nice to see EJ actually in sync with his receiving corps.

The Bills NEED to find out this year if EJ will get things working or not.