Rob Bironas, former Titan kicker, killed in car crash

Just Jack

If all this is true as stated,

A.) I don't care about his problems, except as it may have impacted me.

B.) He deserved it.

C.) Relieved he didn't take anyone with him.

This is it. Nothing else needs to be said about this. He is dead. Bury the dead before they stink up the place.

this story is certainly getting weird!

guy was some kind of psycho evidently.

And his wife knew it, calling the cops an hour after he left the house.

Glad the ponly one killed was him, clearly could have been worse outcomes, from the 911 calls.

• 2 weeks later...

Frack. C'mon. Don't drink and drive.

At a .218 he's getting towards a number where he's going to have to rely on friends to help make that choice.

.218 chance a pretty sloppy state potentially. We're talking the edge of blackouts and needing help walking somewhere in that area

At a .218 he's getting towards a number where he's going to have to rely on friends to help make that choice.

.218 chance a pretty sloppy state potentially. We're talking the edge of blackouts and needing help walking somewhere in that area

At .218 you raise a very good point. This was not a one time binge drinking moment.

With all due respect to the dead - a very sore subject to many - Bironas was likely an alcoholic.

At .218 you raise a very good point. This was not a one time binge drinking moment.

With all due respect to the dead - a very sore subject to many - Bironas was likely an alcoholic.

Wouldn't be surprising. Isn't the story he was just home with his wife and a friend watching a movie? That's pretty aggressive drinking for a raging night out, yet alone staying in

Could it be more likely (and never known for sure) that he got into a heated, drunken argument with his wife and stormed out, pissed at the world? I can't see the guy getting hammered, going to bed, then sneaking out to go on a rampage in his vehicle.

B.) He deserved it.

Very few people deserve to die. I don't consider Rob Bironas one of them. That's extreme.

B.) He deserved it.

I completely understand A and C. Couldn't agree more, his problems should not become our problems. I can't agree with B. I see where you're coming from, but I've had experience with people close to us who have had issues with mental health. It's a horrible path to go down, and the rest of the world needs to be protected first and foremost. But no one DESERVES to die like that, especially so young. This is a terrible shame for everyone involved.

Those threats are more than just drunken talk. That's someone with issues.

Could it be more likely (and never known for sure) that he got into a heated, drunken argument with his wife and stormed out, pissed at the world? I can't see the guy getting hammered, going to bed, then sneaking out to go on a rampage in his vehicle.

Very few people deserve to die. I don't consider Rob Bironas one of them. That's extreme.

Not really, he was out of his mind drunk, risking the lives of everyone on the road and every pedestrian, and getting into threatening confrontations with strangers, threatening enough to warrant multoiple 911 calls from different callers. He easily could have taken 4 people with him. next time he might have. this way, there is no next time, and we are all safer because of it.

while possibly no-one deserves it, if it had to be someone, might as well have been him.

See ya Rob.

"

Yowser!

Not really, he was out of his mind drunk, risking the lives of everyone on the road and every pedestrian, and getting into threatening confrontations with strangers, threatening enough to warrant multoiple 911 calls from different callers. He easily could have taken 4 people with him. next time he might have. this way, there is no next time, and we are all safer because of it.

while possibly no-one deserves it, if it had to be someone, might as well have been him.

See ya Rob.

"

Hard to disagree, but doubtful this was his first rodeo with drinking, and whatever. thankfully, he took no one with him. I think he had a tryout coming up. What a douche.

Yowser!

Hard to disagree, but doubtful this was his first rodeo with drinking, and whatever. thankfully, he took no one with him. I think he had a tryout coming up. What a douche.

For sure he was an old-time and violent drunk.

Why else would his wife CALL 911 when she could not find him? Because she knew he was hammered, and she could not find his car keys.

For sure he was an old-time and violent drunk.

Why else would his wife CALL 911 when she could not find him? Because she knew he was hammered, and she could not find his car keys.

Just speculation... But I wonder what really went on? They were married in June... She's 10 years younger and there were accounts that her friend was over the house too? Her father Terry was not without issues (depression, etc...) and she had to see that growing up? The Bradshaw family is awful quiet (and maybe rightly so).

Sad story... Traces of Valium were found in his system... So he had to be taking that for some reason??

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Valium was very minor trace so likely can be traced to the last time he was on a bender. Valium is good for the DTs, makes the hands less shaky.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/166032-medication

Benzodiazepines are considered the drugs of choice for the management of all stages of alcohol withdrawal syndrome, including DTs. They act on the benzodiazepine-GABA-chloride receptor complex, having a similar GABA-potentiating effect as alcohol. Prospective, randomized clinical trials have demonstrated the effectiveness of benzodiazepines in treating the symptoms and signs of alcohol withdrawal and have also shown a protective benefit against seizures.[11] Although they are thought by many to have a high margin of safety, the heterogeneity of the trials in interventions and in assessment of outcomes prevent definitive conclusions about safety and harms.

The longer-acting benzodiazepines, such as chlordiazepoxide and diazepam, appear to be more effective at preventing the serious complications of seizures and DTs than are shorter-acting benzodiazepines such as alprazolam and oxazepam. Most experts recommend that intermittent IV bolus dosing of diazepam or lorazepam is the treatment of choice for drug therapy of DTs. In patients refractory to benzodiazepine therapy alone, barbiturates or propofol, and occasionally other drugs, may be added.[12]

Edited by zazie

It also depends on when the blood test was given and when he drank the alcohol. If he flipped out, chugged a bunch of liquor his bac could be much lower while driving. Then after a couple hours of the alcohol really hitting the blood stream his bac could be quite a bit higher. He was still drunk and acting like an idiot so I'm glad he didn't hurt anyone else. I'm sure we'll see some brain damage...even as a kicker he's downfield making blocks and a tackle once in a while.

I never knew he was married to Rachel Bradshaw, Terry's daughter.

Just got married recently. It is a sad situation to be sure, but not as sad as if he'd have killed innocent bystanders. Incredibly stupid to get behind the wheel that hammered. Hell, he was even already home.

Just got married recently. It is a sad situation to be sure, but not as sad as if he'd have killed innocent bystanders. Incredibly stupid to get behind the wheel that hammered. Hell, he was even already home.

True. So sad. There has to be more to the story, but I guess that's not for us to know. Tragic situation.