Maybe the Curse is now passed on to them...

YoloinOhio

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like never quarterbacking an NFL team to even one playoff win? Like being a locker-dividing, non-team player?

I think we can do better than that.

Skin Flutie could have been something if his ego would accept being a backup QB (a role in which I believe he would have excelled at, given his skill set). Instead he chose to be an ego-driven selfish little punk. He, his brother and their crappy band can pound sand, for all I care. And, BTW, Flutie Fkaes was wretched cereal.

I am with you, even though this opinion is extremely unpopular around here.

Still better looking than 95% of women in Western, NY...especially any and all Buffalo Bills cheerleaders, by a longshot. (Well, when they had them anyways.)

Compare her to cartoon characters if you want to make fair comparisons.

Yup, Flutie tweeted it at his daughter, who looks like she grew up to be a Chargers cheerleader

https://twitter.com/alexadawn22

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/alexa_flutie_is_now_a_san_diego_chargers_cheerleader_pictures/10610626

IMO, pretty cool that she has a baby pic as a SD cheerleader and ended up turning into one.

Now, everyone, please continue with your Flutie/Johnson debate, 15 years after the fact (I was a regular on this board during those old debates; good times!).

Posted Today, 01:56 PM

View PostThe Dean, on 19 September 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

You mean like never quarterbacking an NFL team to even one playoff win?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Flutie#Buffalo_Bills

Flutie led the Bills to a 10–5 record in 1999 but, in a controversial decision, was replaced by Johnson for the playoffs by coach Wade Phillips, who later said he had been ordered by Bills owner Ralph Wilson to do so. The Bills lost 22–16 to the eventual AFC Champion Tennessee Titans in a game that has become known for the Music City Miracle, where the Titans scored on the penultimate play of the game — a kickoff return following the Bills' apparent game-clinching field goal.

True, Flutie didn't QB the Bills to a playoff win. He might have if he'd been allowed to play instead of Johnson. We haven't had anything close to a playoff game since then. He may have been an ass in the locker, but he never quit on the field and played his heart out. I loved watching him play.

dude she aimt even a 9

Well, the women I knew in Buffalo weren't completely airbrushed. But I worked with several women far better looking than Ms. Flutie. Nothing against her, she seems like a pretty girl and I wish her well. She might even be very attractive. Kind of hard to tell when there is that much production in the shot.

I never quite got the common belief that Buffalo women were wholly unattractive. Buffalo has a lot of Polish and Irish women, who tend to be pretty fantastic, IMO.

Well, the women I knew in Buffalo weren't completely airbrushed. But I worked with several women far better looking than Ms. Flutie. Nothing against her, she seems like a pretty girl and I wish her well. She might even be very attractive. Kind of hard to tell when there is that much production in the shot.

I never quite got the common belief that Buffalo women were wholly unattractive. Buffalo has a lot of Polish and Irish women, who tend to be pretty fantastic, IMO.

Indeed. Can't stand it. Down here in the South the guys alwyas talk about how the women look so great and all. But they forget as a whole, there is a lot of fugly fatties. In NY there are women of all types. Blondes, especially, which do not live in the South.

Posted Today, 01:56 PM

View PostThe Dean, on 19 September 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

You mean like never quarterbacking an NFL team to even one playoff win?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Flutie#Buffalo_Bills

Flutie led the Bills to a 10–5 record in 1999 but, in a controversial decision, was replaced by Johnson for the playoffs by coach Wade Phillips, who later said he had been ordered by Bills owner Ralph Wilson to do so. The Bills lost 22–16 to the eventual AFC Champion Tennessee Titans in a game that has become known for the Music City Miracle, where the Titans scored on the penultimate play of the game — a kickoff return following the Bills' apparent game-clinching field goal.

True, Flutie didn't QB the Bills to a playoff win. He might have if he'd been allowed to play instead of Johnson. We haven't had anything close to a playoff game since then. He may have been an ass in the locker, but he never quit on the field and played his heart out. I loved watching him play.

thanks for the videos, I'm guessing you wanted me to see Flutie get sacked and fumble in the fish game, but I really liked the game winning drives against Jacksonville and then against NE. Lots of Flutie haters here, but like I said earlier, the guy didn't quit.

thanks for the videos, I'm guessing you wanted me to see Flutie get sacked and fumble in the fish game, but I really liked the game winning drives against Jacksonville and then against NE. Lots of Flutie haters here, but like I said earlier, the guy didn't quit.

Those were great drives. The guy was exciting and could make some plays in crunch time. But often he was only in position to have to make those plays because of his ordinary play earlier in the game. A better QB might not have been playing from behind and needed the "magic" in some of those games. But I really was not a Flutie hater. It's actually the ridiculous Flutie fan-boys (and girls) who are worse. You would think the guy had a sensational NFL career the way some carry on about Skin. I mean he must have won at least two/three Super Bowls, right? All he ever does is win, right?

Let's be realistic. He provided some excitement for a team that really needed it. The Bills had a great D at the time, so for awhile it could deal with Flutie's then limited skill set. But the guy was what he was. A below average starter who had the ability to improvise and, at times, make some nice plays.

Edited by The Dean