Hypothetical question regarding QB

Kirby Jackson

I want to start this off by saying that I have been impressed by EJ so far this year. He has done EXACTLY what I hoped that he would do. He doesn't need to make tons of plays, he needs to take care of the football and sustain drives. I have been happy with his play.

With that being said after Jameis Winston's latest incident he is starting to fall on draft boards (Kiper dropped him from 3 to 25). Even without a 1st round pick the Bills can maneuver their way into the 20's (teams do all of the time). If EJ falters would you want Jameis Winston as the next Bills QB?

Personally, I think that he's a little overrated and an idiot so I would probably lean towards no but thought that it would be an interesting topic. Like everyone, I hope that EJ continues to develop instead.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to start this off by saying that I have been impressed by EJ so far this year. He has done EXACTLY what I hoped that he would do. He doesn't need to make tons of plays, he needs to take care of the football and sustain drives. I have been happy with his play.

With that being said after Jameis Winston's latest incident he is starting to fall on draft boards (Kiper dropped him from 3 to 25). Even without a 1st round pick the Bills can maneuver their way into the 20's (teams do all of the time). If EJ falters would you want Jameis Winston as the next Bills QB?

Personally, I think that he's a little overrated and an idiot so I would probably lean towards no but thought that it would be an interesting topic. Like everyone, I hope that EJ continues to develop instead.

I don't know, but watching him play, I also think he is overrated. At this point.

unless EJ completely falls apart this year I really dont see this team taking a QB in the higher rounds next year much less trading up to do so...but i wouldnt be shocked to see them trade up for another position like DE or Guard if one they like is there in the 20's

Likes - size, pure talent, clutch performances in big games, on-field leadership

Dislikes - pretty much everything else

This pretty much sums it up. He has tons of arm talent and has been a winner. He just seems like such a loser as a person. He could go Leaf or Russell when he gets paid. Either that or he plays with an Aaron Rodgers chip on his shoulder and blows up. If EJ isn't the guy I don't want another boom or bust prospect.

If EJ Totally falls apart this year, I believe, the team's plan is to have Orton play out the year and next year then in 2016 see what they can grab. Of course, this depend on whether or not the current leadership is still in place. Unless there is an unbelievable value in the later rounds I do not expect them to draft a QB next year.

Surprisingly, it doesn't seem as though Heisman QBs do to well in the NFL. I wonder if this is a sign the that that committee is really not finding the best players and really basing it off popularity/Team W-L record.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

He has said he is staying in school and IMO, he should. I typically say that anyone who is projected to go in the 1st round should come out. But the timing couldn't be worse for him considering the huge spotlight on domestic violence/arrest issues in the NFL right now and his highly publicized incident that FSU did its best to cover up before it couldn't do it anymore. The fact he is a QB/potential face of an NFL franchise makes it an even bigger red flag. Character is becoming more and more of a focus in the draft, especially for a 1st rd. QB. His actions need to reflect his words. They haven't yet. Not sure a GM wants to entrust his team to a guy like this.

Now more than ever it appears the intangibles and mental game is super critical in the nfl.

Look at how much better the guys who have smarts and leadership look to be doing than the athletes who wash out of the NFL.

Contrast Wilson, Luck, Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, keap, who are reported as leaders

With

-Freeman, Clausen, Tebow, Eli, Sanchez, cutler who are not.

The best case study might be Geno vs EJ. We will see how it turns out. But our own guy who I'd venture to say is less athletic than the jests guy has been gaining locker room praise. No luck finding any eveidence of that from Geno.

So we should watch their careers to see how they develop as a solid potential example of contrasting leadership styles.

No way do I want that weirdo anywhere near this team. Something just aint right with that kid. Ive been saying it since the beginning of last season. There's just something about the way he talks and the look in his eyes that creeps me out.

I'd much rather use the pick on DE, TE, OL, or RB.

Edited by DrDareustein