Matt Miller hates the Bills - Update: just hates EJ

YoloinOhio

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate to defend this guy, but you're looking at completions, which can include YAC...he's talking about attempts for which the ball is in the air at least 20 yards.

ehh - It's all good it's a fantasy stat anyway and YAC is often by design.

ha. He is verified on twitter and most if not all of the major nfl media follow him. That's what bothers me is he seems to enjoy trashing EJ. For example this was a tweet he had in the preseason

@nfldraftscout: And people were mad when I said EJ Manuel was the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Wow, Matt Miller must be a TBDer. OK, which one of you is he?

Matt Miller@nfldraftscout 1h

Fans that use "we" when talking about NFL teams are my favorite. "We're going to smack the Chargers." No...no YOU are not.

Dude has no idea the sense of community surrounding this team. I'm sure he feels that the Seahawks 12th man does help.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

Matt Miller@nfldraftscout 1h

Fans that use "we" when talking about NFL teams are my favorite. "We're going to smack the Chargers." No...no YOU are not.

Nice guy raining down on one of the few feel good stories in the NFL since March.

I follow him because every once in a while he posts good articles but I've noticed his hating on us too.

Sunday is a winnable game for sure. I'm not sure what EJ has done to prove he is the worst starting QB in the NFL yet this season. I would argue he's play quite well.

And who gives a **** about passes that go 20 yards downfield. JP Losman sucked and that was his go to play. Give me 2-0 and I'll be happy

I really hate to defend this guy, but you're looking at completions, which can include YAC...he's talking about attempts for which the ball is in the air at least 20 yards.

Wouldn't that be a byproduct of his low pass attempts overall though? And wouldn't a better stat be the % of pass attempts 20+ yards? Because I'm willing to bet that EJ has thrown a high percentage of his throws that distance.

@nfldraftscout: EJ Manuel has 2nd fewest pass attempts over 20 yards among starting NFL QBs. Defenses will adjust to this, likely this week.

hmmm

http://www.nfl.com/s...qualified=false Says otherwise - Tied for 4th most in the league

Perhaps Miller was making a statement about career passes over 20 yards as that make more sense with EJ being so inexperienced (see games played) which I'd imagine is amongst the least among all NFL QBs or he have a few more than Bobby Hoyer. Either way, I wouldn't care about it as it sounds like he's just a hater.

Edited by The Jokeman

Correct me if I am wrong, but a QB that has a large amount of 20+ pass attempts usually is playing on a team that is losing games or coming from way behind.

The Bills have seldom been behind in any of the two games this season. Not alone by a few scores. There has been no need for EJ to consistently attempt long passes and he has attempted to take what has been given to him. Our record indicates that is a positive thing.

Edited by rsxfirefighter

I dont mind the guy standing up for what he believes. He thinks EJ stinks.

The problem is, he appears to give EJ no credit ever! He is not objective about it, he thought EJ sucked from the beginning and wants to be proven right so bad, he won't relinquish anything. EJ has done what he needs to do so far, and has done a good job doing it. How about a little objectivity and thereby, praise for some of the things he did.

The problem is, he appears to give EJ no credit ever! He is not objective about it, he thought EJ sucked from the beginning and wants to be proven right so bad, he won't relinquish anything. EJ has done what he needs to do so far, and has done a good job doing it. How about a little objectivity and thereby, praise for some of the things he did.

Again...which TBDer is posing as Matt Miller?

When some people asked him if he still thought EJ was the worst QB in football, after he had tweeted about almost every other game ...

Matt Miller@nfldraftscout Sep 15

It seems that folks believe I can watch every game in-depth on Sunday. Doesn't work like that. I'll get to that EJ Manuel film this week.

I dont mind the guy standing up for what he believes. He thinks EJ stinks.

Matt Miller@nfldraftscout 12m

This is actually really funny. Go Bills. RT @TrendsBuffalo: Matt Miller, @nfldraftscout is now trending in #Buffalo http://trendsmap.com/us/buffalo