AP could be traded; UPDATE: will be active week 3,more allegations

YoloinOhio

Yeah, forget a trial. Everyone gather together and stone him to death. :rolleyes:

Que the drama. Of course have a trial. More likely a plea deal. Since he already admitted everything to the police. I'm not a detective or anything, but a full confession should be pretty compelling evidence in said trial, no?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, plea deal with a high priced lawyer on your side, means no jail time. Likely go through counseling and community service.

NFL should suspend him for 6 games (equal to that of the new agreement on domestic violence).

All pretty straight forward, imo.

Adrian Peterson: 'I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser': http://www.cbssports...-a-child-abuser

"I have to live with the fact that when I disciplined my son the way I was disciplined as a child, I caused an injury that I never intended or thought would happen," Peterson said. "I know that many people disagree with the way I disciplined my child. I also understand after meeting with a psychologist that there are other alternative ways of disciplining a child that may be more appropriate.

"I have learned a lot and have had to re-evaluate how I discipline my son going forward. But deep in my heart I have always believed I could have been one of those kids that was lost in the streets without the discipline instilled in me by my parents and other relatives.

Adrian Peterson: 'I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser': http://www.cbssports...-a-child-abuser

NFL players need to learn that WASPy, New England values are the only ones that count. You discipline your children with emotional aloofness and back handed compliments, not the switch. And dog fighting is unconscionable (although killing for other sport or killing nuisance animals is time honored). Dogs sleep in the same bed with you. You kiss your dog on the mouth and your wife on cheek.

NFL players need to learn that WASPy, New England values are the only ones that count. You discipline your children with emotional aloofness and back handed compliments, not the switch. And dog fighting is unconscionable (although killing for other sport or killing nuisance animals is time honored). Dogs sleep in the same bed with you. You kiss your dog on the mouth and your wife on cheek.

Time out anyone?

1. Pictures

2. The NFL is not a court it is an employer.

Due process is not based on evidence.

I never insinuated the NFL is a court.

Killing deer and not using the meat? Wholesome fun. Killing dogs? Bastards.

Edited by FireChan

This move by the Vikings to activate AP this week essentially forces the NFL to act. Expect a 6 game suspension sometime this week following the new domestic violence policy. Seems like a slam dunk to me...

Edited by TheMadCap

This move by the Vikings to activate AP this week essentially for Es the NFL to act. Expect a 6 game suspension sometime this week following the new domestic violence policy. Seems like a slam dunk to me...

I'd like to know how that will happen when he's not charged with DV and even if he was the matter hasn't been adjudicated in a court of law.

Not buying it. Beat the kid with a stick and you didn't know that injuries could occur? Just trying to save his image.

Have you read the texts he send his baby mama after this happened? http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/adrian-peterson-faces-years-prison-found-guilty-child-abuse-article-1.1938829

Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh” and also acknowledged the injury to the child’s scrotum in a text message, saying, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”

"Got him in the nuts once I noticed. I'm all tearing that butt up when needed"

Casual, AP.

You've got a point there. I was never disciplined physically by my parents but you would not believe how vicious their use of sarcasm was. I remember pleading with them to hit me instead. Of course had they tried that I would have just chased them with a kitchen knife or at least have gone mano a mano. Probably why they preferred sarcasm, hyperbole, litotes and other cruel figures of speech - that and they were both teachers.

They won't act unless Peterson's found guilty. Due Process.

I'm shocked Bills fans didn't want Bradham suspended last year after he was breaking the law. Why didn't anyone raise questions about the NFL waiting to act?

I know. I've been agreeing with you all topic. Are you gonna make me bring up Johnny Football?

Ray Rice wasn't found guilty, it was the video that did him in. In the end, the decision that is made by the NFL will be a PR / Marketing decision. The one thing that is different about this case is that there is a sizable percentage of people in this country that think AP was doing the right thing. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

You sure like the racism card.

This move by the Vikings to activate AP this week essentially forces the NFL to act. Expect a 6 game suspension sometime this week following the new domestic violence policy. Seems like a slam dunk to me...

I believe the new policy specifically allows for the legal process to play out before any suspension is given.

Ray Rice wasn't found guilty, it was the video that did him in. In the end, the decision that is made by the NFL will be a PR / Marketing decision. The one thing that is different about this case is that there is a sizable percentage of people in this country that think AP was doing the right thing. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Ray Rice will win his appeal. And Rice plead down his charge to agreeing to go to counseling, but the proceedings ended.

Edited by FireChan

Ray Rice will win his appeal.

I imagine the suspension will be better defined / reduced, if that's what you mean by "win". My point was, the CBA currently allows the commissioner very broad powers in suspending players for conduct detrimental to the league. I'm not arguing that he should or should not have those powers.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2014/09/11/ray-rice-discipline-brings-to-light-poorly-drafted-nfl-collective-bargaining-agreement/

Separately, the NFL Personal Conduct Policy grants the NFL Commissioner “full authority to impose discipline as warranted” when he learns of a player who does not conduct himself “in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful.” Not living up to these standards is typically referred to as a player exhibiting conduct that is detrimental to the league. The NFL Personal Conduct Policy expressly provides the NFL Commissioner with the power to discipline players in the form of “banishment from the League.”

Ah, well, in that case, expect Goodell to do what he always does: something unexpected and inexplicable...

Yes, a man could make a good living betting in that manner...

I imagine the suspension will be better defined / reduced, if that's what you mean by "win". My point was, the CBA currently allows the commissioner very broad powers in suspending players for conduct detrimental to the league. I'm not arguing that he should or should not have those powers.

http://www.forbes.co...ning-agreement/

Yes, a man could make a good living betting in that manner...

That is exactly what I mean. It will almost certainly be reduced because anyone with eyes can see it was pandering to the mob instead of a suspension based on anything substantial.

You've got a point there. I was never disciplined physically by my parents but you would not believe how vicious their use of sarcasm was. I remember pleading with them to hit me instead. Of course had they tried that I would have just chased them with a kitchen knife or at least have gone mano a mano. Probably why they preferred sarcasm, hyperbole, litotes and other cruel figures of speech - that and they were both teachers.

Back in my day, we didn't just get disciplined physically by our parents. Any adult could deal out corporal punishment and it was pretty well accepted.

I remember one day when Mr. Dinsdale caught me playing in the front yard, grabbed me by the arm and says 'I hear you've been a naughty boy, Billy'. He proceeds to split my nostrils open, saws my leg off and pulls my liver out. And I tell him 'My name's not Billy', and then he loses his temper and nails my head to the floor.

Broke the unwritten law, he says. Never did find out what it was, but if Dinsdale said I did it then its good enough for me. He was a cruel man, but fair.

Back in my day, we didn't just get disciplined physically by our parents. Any adult could deal out corporal punishment and it was pretty well accepted.

I remember one day when Mr. Dinsdale caught me playing in the front yard, grabbed me by the arm and says 'I hear you've been a naughty boy, Billy'. He proceeds to split my nostrils open, saws my leg off and pulls my liver out. And I tell him 'My name's not Billy', and then he loses his temper and nails my head to the floor.

Broke the unwritten law, he says. Never did find out what it was, but if Dinsdale said I did it then its good enough for me. He was a cruel man, but fair.

That nearly put me to sleep.

Here's an interesting look at corporal punishment, compiled and written in January. It's probably kind of long to hold most ADD attention spans, but it's a good read.

I have always felt strongly that spanking children is a parenting technique that reflects more on the poor coping skills of the caregiver than on the behavior of the child. Spanking is a practice that appears to be carried from generation to generation primarily by anecdotal reports of success, cultural momentum and weak science. Odd, at least to me, is the fact that many parents who spank seem to proudly wear their own history of being spanked as some kind of a badge of honor. “Look at me. I was spanked and I turned out just fine!” The psychology of this makes sense to me though. I doubt many parents look at a newborn child and plan to make use of corporal punishment to mold them into an upstanding citizen. More likely they do so out of anger and frustration, and only then find the need to justify the act.

But in any one individual case, it very well may be true that an adult who was submitted to recurrent episodes of corporal punishment as a child has turned out just fine. Of course they would have almost certainly turned out just fine if they had never been spanked. They might have turned out better though. The evidence just doesn’t support the practice, and many children almost certainly do not turn out just fine. Some end up being more severely abused, many have long term difficulties and most grow up to use corporal punishment as a technique themselves.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/corporal-punishment-in-the-home-parenting-tool-or-parenting-fail/

Cruel yes but not unnatural.