San Diego Super Chargers

YoloinOhio

I never woulda thunk it preseason, but 3-0 is possible. Tough to fly across the country, and the Bills are going to be focused and aggressive. Fans will be out in force, too. Chargers might have a post-Seattle hangover, and not be super motivated for Buffalo despite the 2-0 start. I give us a 50/50 shot.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE that little 4'2" midget.

me too but he's good

I never woulda thunk it preseason, but 3-0 is possible. Tough to fly across the country, and the Bills are going to be focused and aggressive. Fans will be out in force, too. Chargers might have a post-Seattle hangover, and not be super motivated for Buffalo despite the 2-0 start. I give us a 50/50 shot.

So it could go either way?

3cb68e606849c196aa7f6f075e9f3beaec51ff2a62eae36677196313e0afe90a.jpg

Russel's stats 17 of 25 202 yds 2 tds. Sounds a lot like the stats Manuel has had for the first 2 games. I think when Hackett looks at this offense what they did to the #1 passing D in the league last year we are going to have to try to keep up with the passing game and let manuel go for 30 + passes this next game. If we're kicking field goals we are going to most likely lose this next game.

Also we have to mix up the run plays, I feel like that shotgun handoff play is sooooo telegraphed.

Edited by MClem06

Classic letdown spot for SD…..huge, emotional home win against the SB champs…..X country flight….away game….SD players may have overlooked this game a week ago.

Same for the Bills.

Huge, emotional home win against biggest divisional rival...first place for first time in eons...getting respect and league-wide buzz...staying home trying to focus on the week ahead where it will be easy to get caught up in the fans' euphoria.

This is going to be a major, major challenge...

Same for the Bills.

Huge, emotional home win against biggest divisional rival...first place for first time in eons...getting respect and league-wide buzz...staying home trying to focus on the week ahead where it will be easy to get caught up in the fans' euphoria.

This is going to be a major, major challenge...

So many of the players said they feed off the fans. Hopefully the fans show up just like they did for the Miami game. Keep the momentum going.

I have said it before that this is a pivotal game for us. If we win which I think we will 31-17 we can go 12-4 on the season. Here's why we win:

1. They are the only team with bigger o-line than ours, meaning we win with speed and Bull rushes. We will use speed on the edges to contain Rivers and Marcel and Kyle will collapse the middle. Rivers will be in for a long day. Eats turf 5 times and we have a big game. When Rivers throws, we pick him off several times. One of Rivers worse games will be against us. EJ will have a great day along with Mr Woods. Sorry but this day belongs to Woods and Freddie! They contain Sammy leaving Woods with outside slants. Don't count out our very own Williams as he has a great leaping catch in the endzone not once but twice as we really drive that home since we didn't do that against miami.

2. Going back to our defense, they will give us great field position along with special teams who again has a good day (2 games in a row). They won't do the same as miami game but get us in a good position to take the lead early. Rivers gets frustrated all day. Super Mario lets them know he's the man! Big day for Mario and company.

3. We win a big game and finally all the ANALyst start saying we are legit. We take control of this game easily and ride a very good high!

4. We run the ball all day and have almost 200 yards on the day. It will take a few quarters to start to get big runs but we will. They will key in on Spiller but Freddie lets them know we have more backs than they can handle. Great game to to take control over.

So many of the players said they feed off the fans. Hopefully the fans show up just like they did for the Miami game. Keep the momentum going.

Now they have expectations to fill. That's a lot harder role to play than 'nobody expects us to win'...

(seems like only yesterday TSW was talking about the Kids Day crowd booing them off the field)

Classic letdown spot for SD…..huge, emotional home win against the SB champs…..X country flight….away game….SD players may have overlooked this game a week ago.

Agreed, + don't forget they played a physical game yesterday against a physical opponent in what was 110+ degree temps. That has take a bit of a toll also.

There is momentum building by the minute with this team.

Momentum, and confidence.

As long as it stays "good" overall like it is now (even with some losses along the way), RWS is going to be filled for home games and that will give us an edge all season long. Plus no freaking "home" game in Toronto!

That will all help all season long, including next week against San Diego for sure.

Looks like the Cards (in the few highlights I saw) double covered Gates at times, but also put consistent pressure on Rivers to make him either throw the ball early, or cause him to make off balance throws.

Good strategy. You certainly don't have to worry about Rivers escaping the pocket too often.

http://www.nfl.com/g...92316&tab=recap

About 2:30 in, they start talking about how the Cards beat the Chargers

Without watching: it was by creating mass-chaos everytime Rivers dropped back.

They are going to be passing...A LOT. I don't know if we blitz every down, but the more pressure we can generate, the better.

They small-ball'd the living daylights out of Seattle. Can't let them do that. It's imperative to not get behind in downs. Force them into 3rd and longs, limit 2nd and shorts.