San Diego Super Chargers

YoloinOhio

I hope we can slow down the RIvers & Gates connection.

Gates is good don't get me wrong but he may have received a little extra attention today from Rivers due to Chargers receivers going up against Seattles secondary

Edited by Max997

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo will be taking the Chargers seriously. They just beat Seattle.

and are a playoff team that beat Cincy on the road in the playoffs as well as beat Indy and Denver in reg season. Sometimes they don't look as good on the road though so let's hope the Bills bring it again!! Edited by YoloinOhio

We can hope the west coast to east coast trip takes some of the steam off them. The Ralph will be rocking again, that will make it tougher.

And our Defense, at home, is a force to be reckoned with. I know the Bolts just took it to the Hawks, but that was at home in 100+ degree temperatures. Playing at the Ralph will be different.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't get hotter than mid 80's in San Diego

It is amazing what winning does. I feel really confident about this team, especially at home. We just beat two pretty good teams-- and, but for a lousy 3rd qtr against the Bears, one could say that we were in total control of both of those games.

As I look at our schedule, what seemed like a bunch of impossible games, are looking like games where I think this team will have some swagger and come in and just win. San Diego is one of those games.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't get hotter than mid 80's in San Diego

You would be wrong about that sir, today was extremely hot and humid. Moisture/humidity being blown up from Mexico from some hurricane. I work in 95 degree heat all the time, and I retreated to the air conditioning today. It was f'in hot today.

normally it doesn't but they said it was unusually hot

Game field thermometer showed like 117 degrees, but those cheap home depot thermometers they were using are always showing the temp on the high side.

You would be wrong about that sir, today was extremely hot and humid. Moisture/humidity being blown up from Mexico from some hurricane. I work in 95 degree heat all the time, and I retreated to the air conditioning today. It was f'in hot today.

+1 Buffalo ….Buf weather vs. SD weather in September!

take that with your beautiful scenery and people

Wow….I had no idea Frank Reich was that high in the coaching ranks.

I still hear ESPN calling him Frank "Third" Reich on the highlights….not sure that would fly in today's hyper-sensitive PC world!

I still remember the 97Rock sketch, "Give the ball to Muellah" in a thick German accent. Muellah was Jamie Mueller. Definitely not PC these days.

The Chargers are a very good team. I love how people say we're 2-0 but haven't faced good teams yet. Seriously? We beat 2 solid teams. I'm loving the fact that we can be no worse than 2-2 after the 1st qtr of season. Great start boys! Keep at it...

have you ever flown from across country - it's about a 5 hour flight. Really not a big deal.

It's not but life as an athlete is about routine. Your body is conditioned to play at certain times, playing at 10 in the morning can be a shock to the system and throw off someone's routine just enough to make an impact on the field. Doesn't always happen, and certainly the chartered flights players use today are easier on the body than back in the day. We'll see.

Have you ever looked up the records of west coast teams playing early games on the east coast? It is awful.

yes but, again, SD was 3-2 in east coast 1pm games last season and the 2 losses were at last second or OT. They come in on Friday vs Saturday to try to negate the jet lag. I hope they are flat - but I don't think the trip will be the reason. The 2 teams they lost to last Year though were bad. Redskins and titans.

But they have upgraded their secondary which was a big weakness last year.

It was hot today in San Diego. There has been a heat wave out west for the past four days. The stadium is several miles from the coast. I beileve 120 on the field could have been accurate. This is a winable game. It will be closer like the Bears game. It should be a great test. Most polls had the Chargers in the 10th or 11th spot.

yes but, again, SD was 3-2 in east coast 1pm games last season and the 2 losses were at last second or OT. They come in on Friday vs Saturday to try to negate the jet lag. I hope they are flat - but I don't think the trip will be the reason. The 2 teams they lost to last Year though were bad. Redskins and titans.

But they have upgraded their secondary which was a big weakness last year.

I'm not saying it is insurmountable. Just a positive factor for the Bills. Their line is still not good but held up well against a mostly four man pass rush from Seattle today. Their WR's are very good but if Mathews is out they will be one dimensional. Rivers is a top 10 QB, maybe top 6. Their D-line is not good and the running game should be ok. Seattle seemed to abandon the run too early today.

I'm not saying it is insurmountable. Just a positive factor for the Bills. Their line is still not good but held up well against a mostly four man pass rush from Seattle today. Their WR's are very good but if Mathews is out they will be one dimensional. Rivers is a top 10 QB, maybe top 6. Their D-line is not good and the running game should be ok. Seattle seemed to abandon the run too early today.

agree with all of that. Hoping we can win the battle at the LOS and stop the run. Rivers can still pass his way to a win but need to make big plays like we did today and of course score TDs when we are in the red zone!!!

I am having flashbacks of the season we last beat San Diego at home....we were like 5-1 at that point and we won 1 game the rest of the way...Although I think we have tons more talent this year than we did then!

This also flashed in my head. I remember Trentative's performance in the SanDiego game to make us 5-1 (this was after he was concussed by AZ), and we all thought we had the successor to JK and the Bills QB for the next decade. Oops. I hope this game is not vuja de for the Bills.