Beware Knowshon Moreno

I wonder how many of the posters here actually watched the MIA-NE game? I telling you what I observed and that is that this kid is really good and Buffalo better be ready for him. Yes, NE was weak in the middle AND Tom Brady had an off day, but we need to contain Knowshon.

I watched the all 22 last night and the one thing that stood out to me was how terrible Miami's O-Line is in the middle. Their center and guards are in for a long day against our front 7. The *Pats looked bad on the front seven in a way I haven't seen in a long time. Maybe it was first game rust or the heat but I think the Dolphins line won't be able to push around the Buffalo defensive front quite as easily.

Poor tackling and cruddy angles doomed the *pats defense. That won't happen with the Bills d.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its actually pretty similar to the Bills offense which the D has been practicing against for months

Then by that logic, doesn't that play to the Bills advantage as well?

Or are you referring to our D?

In which case, then both teams would seemingly be at an advantage and disadvantage at the same time.

I guess it doesn't really matter whose D you were referring to, the end result is the same.

Edited by FLbills

Just watched the Miami-NE game (that shortcuts feature is awesome ... you can see a whole game in about 35 minutes) and their RB Knowshon Moreno is the real deal. Many of you are familiar with him from Denver. He is a tough RB that is very difficult to tackle. He single handedly shredded NE's defense. Total yards for him were 134. Buffalo will have it's hands full on Sunday but I think they are up to the task.

Mike Wallace also looked good making some tough catches and positive yardage.

Overall, Miami looked decent on Sunday and did not back down from NE ... Miami was persistent and had a good game plan for NE.

IMHO, if we can somehow contain Moreno and get pressure on Tannehill, Buffalo should come away with the win.

Go Bills!

If Moreno is the real deal why did he never show it in Denver?

If NE had tackled him ever they would have won easy. We tackle well, we win

Just that simple ?

And put Gilmore or Graham on Wallace . For the size matchup

I am a little concerned, even though I always thought Moreno was lousy. My concern is more generally re the run defense. I think we gave up 85 yards on 17 carries to forte, for a 4.8 ypc. Going into the season, I thought we would be a little more stout than that. Might just be a function of the bears having so many weapons that we had to deal with.

P Brown learning curve

Miami has no LBs....they are all injured

They still have NFL linebackers .

Then by that logic, doesn't that play to the Bills advantage as well?

Or are you referring to our D?

In which case, then both teams would seemingly be at an advantage and disadvantage at the same time.

I guess it doesn't really matter whose D you were referring to, the end result is the same.

i was referring to our D and no advantage as both offenses are fast pace

Just that simple ?

And put Gilmore or Graham on Wallace . For the size matchup

P Brown learning curve

They still have NFL linebackers .

and they also have Kelvin Shepperd

Joseph Addai wants to know why his stats sucked.

I own Moreno in fantasy. And I have to play him. I have Murray. Matthews is my number 2 but he plays Seattle. Gotta go Knowshon.

Edit:

Well I take that back....That was off the top of my head. Addai was pretty average. 2 decent seasons.

Edited by Big Blitz

IMHO, if we can somehow contain Moreno and get pressure on Tannehill, Buffalo should come away with the win.

So stop the running game and pressure the QB....what an original gameplan

I'm more worried about the Phins pass rush vs the right side of the Bills O-line

I wonder how many of the posters here actually watched the MIA-NE game? I telling you what I observed and that is that this kid is really good and Buffalo better be ready for him. Yes, NE was weak in the middle AND Tom Brady had an off day, but we need to contain Knowshon.

no argument with your opinion of Knowshon.. been a fan of his since he struggled to make weight to play pop warner as a 14 year-old.

unfortunately, he's suffered some recurring knee injuries that have limited his game, but he was always tough between the tackles - so like Willis McGahee, he has a chance to extend his pro career as a ball-control back - but i haven't seen him since Denver. are they trying to get him outside? is he bouncing plays outside? my concern with our wide-9 alignment, is that it may play to their strengths - making our DTs occupy two gaps to keep their guards from getting to the second level - our LBs.. i'm sure Schwartz is on it. :thumbsup:

no argument with your opinion of Knowshon.. been a fan of his since he struggled to make weight to play pop warner as a 14 year-old.

unfortunately, he's suffered some recurring knee injuries that have limited his game, but he was always tough between the tackles - so like Willis McGahee, he has a chance to extend his pro career as a ball-control back - but i haven't seen him since Denver. are they trying to get him outside? is he bouncing plays outside? my concern with our wide-9 alignment, is that it may play to their strengths - making our DTs occupy two gaps to keep their guards from getting to the second level - our LBs.. i'm sure Schwartz is on it. :thumbsup:

I only noticed the wide-9 alignment on obvious passing plays in Chicago. It got good pressure on Cutler, it seemed.