How will Henderson hold up this week against Wake?

Bocephuz

Not with this fanbase. As per usual there will be thousands of Bills fans yelling when the Bills are on offense. The typical "Come on EJ" or "Let's go EJ" stuff like that. Apparently there are many Western NY dads who did not do a good job of teaching their kids that you are supposed to be quiet when your offense has the ball.

I predict there will be moments in this game where the Bills own offense won't be able to hear the play called because the fans are too noisy. Bet on it.

at Colts games they would always put up a graphic that said "quiet, Peyton at work" when they were on offense. Those fans never got it either.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to point out that I looked at the All-22, and while Wake was very good, his two biggest plays of the game (2 sack fumbles) came while he was singled up against a TE...although the 2nd of them it looked like the TE was supposed to chip him and that Vollmer was late getting over.

If the Bills' scheme allows a TE to be single-blocking Wake, they're stupid.

If Henderson is given help on, say, every other pass play, I think he'll do fine.

They cannot extend Glenn (or Gilmore) until after this season concludes per the CBA. Players on their rookie contract cannot receive new contracts until they've completed 3 years of league service.

That said, I'm sure he'll be on the docket to get a new contract very soon. I think the heirarchy is as follows:

1) Spiller

2) Hughes

3) Spikes (who cannot be extended until the 1st day of the 2015 league year since he's a vested veteran on a 1-year deal)

4) Dareus

5) Glenn

6) Gilmore

Ok.. thanks for the info. Agree with your hierarchy in light of that fact then.. Did Dareus get drafted before Glenn? If so then I understand him being ahead of Glenn.. if not.. then I'd sign Glenn first over Dareus

Ok.. thanks for the info. Agree with your hierarchy in light of that fact then.. Did Dareus get drafted before Glenn? If so then I understand him being ahead of Glenn.. if not.. then I'd sign Glenn first over Dareus

Correct...Dareus was the 3rd overall pick in the 2011 draft, while Gilmore/Glenn were drafted the following year.

Not with this fanbase. As per usual there will be thousands of Bills fans yelling when the Bills are on offense. The typical "Come on EJ" or "Let's go EJ" stuff like that. Apparently there are many Western NY dads who did not do a good job of teaching their kids that you are supposed to be quiet when your offense has the ball.

I predict there will be moments in this game where the Bills own offense won't be able to hear the play called because the fans are too noisy. Bet on it.

That is why they practice with the music blaring

at Colts games they would always put up a graphic that said "quiet, Peyton at work" when they were on offense. Those fans never got it either.

That is why they practice with the music blaring

I think the solution to the problem is to do Jumbotron video commercials where they portray a fan as being a numskull when they are screaming while their team is on offense getting ready to snap the ball. I know it sounds harsh because it is really hard to knock someone for being a fan. I just wish those fans would realize they are not helping their team but actually hurting it. It is unbelievable that someone would pay the kinds of prices it costs to go to a professional football game when they really don't know basic football etiquette. I shake my head at this during pretty much every game at the Ralph.

I think the solution to the problem is to do Jumbotron video commercials where they portray a fan as being a numskull when they are screaming while their team is on offense getting ready to snap the ball. I know it sounds harsh because it is really hard to knock someone for being a fan. I just wish those fans would realize they are not helping their team but actually hurting it. It is unbelievable that someone would pay the kinds of prices it costs to go to a professional football game when they really don't know basic football etiquette. I shake my head at this during pretty much every game at the Ralph.

Problem with that is the numskull would get 5 minutes of fame and we would have copycats attempting to get their screen time.

They just did a segment on NFL Live and they picked Henderson v. Wake as best pass rusher matchup for all of week 2. Schlereth said because they will need to give help to Henderson, it will free up one on ones elsewhere. Sigh.

Really? Where? Glenn will be able to handle Vernon one-on-one. Odrick and the downgrade at DT because Starks won't be playing will be able to be handled by Williams, Wood, and Pears. Henderson will get help from a TE or RB chipping Wake.

i heard tasker say the noise problem only affects them on offense when they're near the endzone.

i would have every player on my team do the arms down quiet and the finger to the mouth shuuuush in that situation, as soon as the huddle breaks. sideline players, cheerleaders, coaches, everyone on the field and in the stands, and obviously the jumbotron.

goal line audibles are critical. gotta get the word out.

Really? Where? Glenn will be able to handle Vernon one-on-one. Odrick and the downgrade at DT because Starks won't be playing will be able to be handled by Williams, Wood, and Pears. Henderson will get help from a TE or RB chipping Wake.

I just hope that - considering we were able to beat them twice with Wake last year and contained him, with Pears (and Henderson beat out Pears for the RT spot meaning he should be an upgrade) this isn't the extreme mismatch that the national media is rolling with.

i heard tasker say the noise problem only affects them on offense when they're near the endzone.

i would have every player on my team do the arms down quiet and the finger to the mouth shuuuush in that situation, as soon as the huddle breaks. sideline players, cheerleaders, coaches, everyone on the field and in the stands, and obviously the jumbotron.

no worries there :thumbsup:

This is one of the reasons package plays have become so popular near the goal-line. Nobody needs to get a check call from the QB; the WRs run their routes regardless, the OL is zone blocking regardless, and the offensive backfield is dictating how the play goes (either a quick pass based on a pre-snap read or a read-option call where the QB makes his decision at the mesh point).

Solves a lot of issues when playing on the road (or in a home stadium where the fans just don't get it :lol: )

I just hope that - considering we were able to beat them twice with Wake last year and contained him, with Pears (and Henderson beat out Pears for the RT spot meaning he should be an upgrade) this isn't the extreme mismatch that the national media is rolling with.

I'm not worried about it either. Wake had a good game against a different team. Now he is some kind of superstar? Never worried much about him before. Not going to start now. If he starts getting a lot of penetration and pressure, then run the ball through the gap he creates or run screens to his side. Let him chase from behind.

It's important the Bills get ahead early and run screens, draws and cutbacks to make Wake and Vernon think about that later. As long as they stay in decent down and distance, the tackles should be alright. As the game goes on, maybe some power sets and run right at them.

Henderson has shown he can do it athletically with anyone. He might be better for this matchup than even C.Glenn. The secondary moves to the inside as the game goes on might be a concern and if they need to pass in obvious passing situations, have to bring some help.

Go Bills.

I'm not worried about it either. Wake had a good game against a different team. Now he is some kind of superstar? Never worried much about him before. Not going to start now. If he starts getting a lot of penetration and pressure, then run the ball through the gap he creates or run screens to his side. Let him chase from behind.

He's been a superstar....Top 5 DE.

When Cameron Wake is back to form it doesn't matter who is on the other side of him.

The good news is the team saw Wake back to form and now can try to game plan for that force of nature.

Man I wish he was a Buffalo Bill.

Still cant believe he came from the CFL.

According to Wikipedia, the Bills were interested in Wake when he was leaving the CFL.

Does anyone remember anything about this?

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

He's been a superstar....Top 5 DE.

I don't know that I'd characterize him as a top 5 DE.

He finished tied for 29th in sacks last year, and doesn't play the run nearly as well as a lot of other guys.

He's had two very good years (2010 & 2012), and three where he failed to finish among the top 20 in sacks. He's not a good enough run defender to be considered among the top 5 for a guy that doesn't always get to the QB.

I'd say he's top 10, but I'm not putting him ahead of Watt, Mario, Hardy, Wilkerson, or Chris Long at this point.