Week 2 predictions: Squish the Fish

YoloinOhio

I would like to think that the Bears game was the watershed moment for this franchise, and that the entire team--including EJ-- took a huge leap forward, to the point where they know how to win a close one, then they will learn how to take care of business at home, and they just keep getting better each week.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they followed up the Bears game with just a throttling of the Dolphins--clicking on all cylindars? Watkins goes nuts; EJ just lets it rip downfield; the run defense dominates; TO's are forced; ST continues to shine.

Couldn't you just imagine a Bills 31-13 beat-down?

Yes. And yet, somehow, the Phins open as a one-point favorite. Easy money, I think.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Oline is a completely different unit than last years. You guys will no doubt get more pressure than the atrocious Patsies, but James and Albert at OT are rock solid, and our interior line is really gelling, so I wouldn't expect the same amount of pressure as last year.

Add to that a completely revampled offensive scheme, the Bills aren't going to be able to gameplan for the same team they whooped last year.

Honestly I'm just grateful Thad "Dolphin Killer" Lewis is off your squad.

Schwartz knows Philbin's offense pretty well, I would think, from when they were both in the NFC north. But if Schwartz gets schooled by Lazor, a guy who has been an OC for 1 week, then we are doomed for certain.

Our Oline is a completely different unit than last years. You guys will no doubt get more pressure than the atrocious Patsies, but James and Albert at OT are rock solid, and our interior line is really gelling, so I wouldn't expect the same amount of pressure as last year.

Add to that a completely revampled offensive scheme, the Bills aren't going to be able to gameplan for the same team they whooped last year.

Honestly I'm just grateful Thad "Dolphin Killer" Lewis is off your squad.

This week we have Fred "theStiffArm" Jackson for you to deal with.

The Ralph will be so loud people in Miami might hear it.

No way you guys win this week. I got my tartar suase ready because fish off the grill taste extra good.

I like this matchup better than the Bears.

We'll force Tannehill to throw. Focus the coverage on Wallace and Clay. I don't think their offense will beat us if we execute well.

We'll run the ball like we always do. The interior of their D-line is not very good, so we need to capitalize on that. Their LB's are beaten up from the NE game. I think our offense will operate efficiently with the running game putting up above-average numbers again.

Bills win 30-17

no way we lose this game with all of the momentum from the sale and the Chi victory. people are going to be going nuts in the stands. should be fun

Bills 24

Fins 20

Yes, it will be crazy. But weren't they saying " no way we lose" to the lowly Bills in Chicago prior to Bears' home opener? Miami's a good team who just knocked off the Pats. We'll have to earn this one on the field.

Schwartz knows Philbin's offense pretty well, I would think, from when they were both in the NFC north. But if Schwartz gets schooled by Lazor, a guy who has been an OC for 1 week, then we are doomed for certain.

Lazor is a bright mind, I wouldn't discount his system because he's a first year O coordinator. The closest thing our offense resembles is Philly, but it's even a bit different from that.

Here's a pretty good breakdown of our offensive plays from last week if anyone's interested:

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?357237-Dolphins-use-Read-option-on-54-of-snaps-vs-Pats-Complete-Lazor-Offense-Breakdown

Yes, it will be crazy. But weren't they saying " no way we lose" to the lowly Bills in Chicago prior to Bears' home opener? Miami's a good team who just knocked off the Pats. We'll have to earn this one on the field.

I don't think it's "no way we lose" from a matchup standpoint, but rather how everyone feel the atmosphere COULD affect the game. Not saying it will.

Regardless, last time the Phins beat NE at home they came to RWS and got shut out against our backup QB and WRs.

For Tanne to only be sacked once last week was pretty much a miracle for us Dolphins fans, so I'll take it against any D line in this league, even the pathetic showing the pats had to offer.

I am just saying, this is a different team than I am used to watching over the last decade or so. Bills seem revamped as well, but the Phins aren't a team to look past -- even with the Bills recent success against us.

Fair points all but especially the bolded one. I don't think the Bills have done much consistently enough to look past ANY opponent. Given the momentum things others have pointed out, the pressure will be more on the Bills to win it considering it is a home game. We have one elite tackle and one potential star. This week will tell a lot about how good they really are. Wake and co. will get pressure, what matters is how the Bills handle it. Hope the game unfolds as it did vrsus the Bears - close one with the Bills winning in the end.

I am predicting a 27-23 Bills win.

So the dolphins caught the patriots by surprise with their unusual 5-2 defensive front - which obviously rattled Brady and more importantly the unprepared o-line....mcdaniels never tried to get the run game going, and Brady was uncharacteristically inaccurate all day long....

The bills will hopefully be prepared for the 5-2 front, seeing in how they can prepare for it all week long...

1. Could the Pats really not hash out how to handle the Dolphins defense with in game adjustments? I know their line is pretty average...but there wasn't anything they could do? Can we fare much better? And how?

2. Are the dolphins still as banged up on defense this week as they were for the Patriots game?

My initial reaction is that our defense (and 12th man) gives the dolphins headaches allllllll game long.....and we find ways to score some points....

Bills 23

Dolphins 13

So the dolphins caught the patriots by surprise with their unusual 5-2 defensive front - which obviously rattled Brady and more importantly the unprepared o-line....mcdaniels never tried to get the run game going, and Brady was uncharacteristically inaccurate all day long....

The bills will hopefully be prepared for the 5-2 front, seeing in how they can prepare for it all week long...

1. Could the Pats really not hash out how to handle the Dolphins defense with in game adjustments? I know their line is pretty average...but there wasn't anything they could do? Can we fare much better? And how?

2. Are the dolphins still as banged up on defense this week as they were for the Patriots game?

My initial reaction is that our defense (and 12th man) gives the dolphins headaches allllllll game long.....and we find ways to score some points....

Bills 23

Dolphins 13

I expect Misi and Wheeler, 2 of the 3 injured LBs to be back this week. Ellerbe is out for the season.

Thing is, I'm not even sure I want them back -- Wheeler that is. Misi is a definite upgrade from our starter last week Trusnik who actually had a great game.

In regards to point 1....That was the thing that shocked me the most about the game, Philbin/Coyle/Lazor straight up outcoached the pats. It didn't hurt that Wake and Vernon were able to pin their ears back without giving any regard to stopping the run.

Our D line looked almost unstoppable in the second half of last week. If I were Buffalo, my biggest concern would be making sure the O line was conditioned enough to face the our D line for a full 60 minutes. Cam Wake was truly a man among boys at certain points in that second half.

12-0

I am calling it. We shut them out. We shut them down. They have a good D. But we have a better D.

Goodwin gets his first TD of the season.

CJ gets 80 yards running 40 catching.

EJ 3 picks and mauled all day with 40 yards scrambling.

We're going to see 2 teams that are mirror images of each other. Miami will focus on running the ball in a hostile environment, and it will be the first true test for the Bills' run D (since Chicago relied on the pass). Home field gives the Bills the edge. EJ will have an opportunity or two to go deep, and he must hit these. If he does, the Bills win by 10 (27-17); if he doesn't, they get lucky and pull another one out (20-17--can go either way...).

Lazor is a bright mind, I wouldn't discount his system because he's a first year O coordinator. The closest thing our offense resembles is Philly, but it's even a bit different from that.

Here's a pretty good breakdown of our offensive plays from last week if anyone's interested:

http://www.finheaven...fense-Breakdown

Actually, your offense resembles the Bills' as well.

Interestingly, Tannehill never ran it, which was a big fan complaint against Manuel.

Defenses in the NFL are much harder to read, so QBs won't run it out of the zone read as often as they do in college.

The Dolphins are going to have a much harder time with it against the Bills' front seven, so expect your offense to stall a lot like the Bills' offense did last year.

http://www.finheaven...fense-Breakdown

I'm not discounting his system. I'm putting it on Schwartz to be able to play call vs. him. He should be able to, with a week of film and having played Phil last year - when McCoy absolutely balled out for 200+ yards on the ground and 2 long runs of 40+ - and lost, hopefully he learned something about the system. With his background, he should be able to call a defense that can compete with Lazor's play calls.

Pepper Johnson is also breaking down the NE film and seeing what those guys did in comparison to what ours can do since he is ultra familiar with Belichek's D.