Week 2 predictions: Squish the Fish

YoloinOhio

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills 17

Fish 13

I think this will be a defensive battle. The 12th man will be key, my voice will definitely be hoarse this Monday....GO BILLS!

FYI...I won a Labatt Blue tailgate pass this past Sunday. It's beer, food, and music at Danny's South. I have my own tailgate no where near that area, so I am not going. I have a pass for 2, if interested PM me.

What sale? Did I miss news? I did hear some rumors. And you don't think Miami got some mo from beating NE?

don't know if you are kidding or not but the sale of the team is being finalized as early as today and then they present their pick to the NFL. all signs point to Pegula. we will know their choice before the game for sure and everything after that is all but a formality.

I'm sure Miami is feeling good after beating NE at home but now they are going on the road to a hostile environment where they haven't had much luck recently. i think we have the edge in this matchup

Early fantasy projections have Tannehill and the Miami offense faring well, EJ and our O......as of now, not so good, but that can change of course.

Fantasy projections this early in the season, particularly with respect to teams who have undergone coaching/coordinator changes, are really just guesses. For example, I read numerous projections last week that the Bills have a horrible run defense so you should start any reasonable RB against them. That's clearly based upon last season. It will take a few weeks before those projections are worthwhile. Forte had a "decent" week against the Bills by fantasy standards (particularly in a PPR league) did not "blow up" as almost all fantasy sites predicted.

Bills 27 Dolphins 17. I think the run game is really exploited by the bills in this game and I see a special teams or defensive score for the Bills happening. Manuel and the receivers developing more and more each week. Woods is a freaking MAGICIAN and I hope he keeps doing what he is doing. I'm hopeful for sure and would love to see us win our first defensive game. I was listening to mad dog the other day and almost as an aside he dismissed the bills saying..Oh..the bills...they just suck...." I hope we kick some ass.

I read the Boston Globe article, which was pretty interesting: http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/09/08/dolphins-dominated-patriots-with-parade-backups/AeBLEQAORhbYBWgi2vTccI/story.html

I think it was pasted in the 'did anyone watch' thread.

My question for the Xs-and-Os crowd (I sit at a different table in the cafeteria, to be sure): what does the 5-2 defensive front mean for our gameplan? Does that pose any special problems for the OL or O generally? How do our strengths allow us to overcome those problems?

Thanks and I'll take my answer off the air.

kj

I don't think there is big gap in these two teams. I think their OL is very much improved and I like their corners. The fact they are starting 3 backup LBS should hopefully be something (Please, Hackett) that we can exploit. Our front 7 had a lot of success against them last year but I think Pettine had their number and their OTs were just a mismatch for Mario who they could not contain in either side. I picked the Bills because we are at home and the Bills have played very well at home on both sides of the ball. The losses last year were close at home and there wasn't a home game where I thought we didn't play well enough to win and it was just mistakes here and there (ST for Cincy, Tuel pick 6/TJ fumble for KC). EJ's only home loss was his 1st game as a pro and it was on a last second FG. Tannehill has never won at RWS. I want him to fear The Ralph and hope Schwartz brings the kitchen sink like Pettine did last year.

I also think/hope having Pepper Johnson and Spikes, who are used to game planning for Miami, will help.

Edited by YoloinOhio