Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

Based on results of their respective jobs, IMHO, Brandon and Whaley along with much of their staffs retain their jobs...however, if Marrone continues to fail to act decisively, even if that's taking over the play-calling for the Offense, then I don't think Marrone reaches a 3rd year and if all those aforementioned things are true, he shouldn't...I like Marrone, and I really do think he can coach, but in the NFL coaching is only one aspect of what your responsibilities are, others include assessing your own coaches and staff and making adjustments as needed and Hackett isn't getting it done...I feel for the guy since he really does seem like a nice and energetic man, and probably smart in some respects, but his play-calling has been questionable at times and atrocious at others...and, this EJ thing is sinking the team, sorry Fred - but I don't care what you say, a change at QB would absolutely make a difference

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to think that any senior advisors he brings in will be able to quickly identify some of the major flaws with an outsiders perspective. There are a few people in the organization who are obviously in over their heads (cough Hackett).

Rather than start a new Pegula thread I thought to post this question here....

Scenerio: The Bills have just played the last game of the season, missed the playoffs and finished with a record below .500

QB stats are pretty much the same as last year.

What is your first move if you are TP?

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

Scenerio: The Bills have just played the last game of the season, missed the playoffs and finished with a record below .500

What is your first move?

CBF

Bring in a yet-to-be-named VP of Football Operations and let him do what he needs to do. Also, reassign Brandon away from all football related decisions. Offer him a VP of Business Operations title or give him an option to walk.

The new guy will then promptly fire Whaley, Marrone, and hire his own GM guy and Head Coach. I do appreciate Brandon minding the trust, and I appreciate Whaley for bringing in some of the guys, but if they sink, they all go down with the ship. Pegula won't be fooled by another Regier/Ruff controversy again. We either end the drought this year or they all go!

CBF

Call the GM into your office and say: this isn't good enough--I want to know what your plan is right now.

Bring in a yet-to-be-named VP of Football Operations and let him do what he needs to do. Also, reassign Brandon away from all football related decisions. Offer him a VP of Business Operations title or give him an option to walk.

The new guy will then promptly fire Whaley, Marrone, and hire his own GM guy and Head Coach. I do appreciate Brandon minding the trust, and I appreciate Whaley for bringing in some of the guys, but if they sink, they all go down with the ship. Pegula won't be fooled by another Regier/Ruff controversy again. We either end the drought this year or they all go!

That's already what he does. Whaley makes the football decisions.

Except that the Bills are a playoff team outside of QB and maybe O-line. Why flush the team now? Fix what needs fixing. These aren't the Sabres.

I'm optimistic that Kim and Terry come in and clean house with the front office and coaching staff. However, didn't he buy the Sabres and give Ruff and Regier another full year? I don't know the circumstances surrounding that decision so I was hoping to get some incite from people with more knowledge on how he managed the team his first year.

I fear that Brandon will be kept and he'll try and sell us on the same nonsense. Make no mistake, I don't mind if Brandon keeps his current position with the organization but I do want accountability and for there to be change if it is warranted.

I think TPegs was a huge FAN of the Sabres, and when he came in their was still a ton of optimism from the 06 and 07 teams, and he thought, as did I, that Darcy did a great job on a limited budget. Give him money and we would do even better. And yes, there was a small contingent of fans that thought they should both be fired from day one, but i do not believe that was the majority.

He was such a fan he blamed a ton of the Sabre woes that year on the negativity of the Buffalo News. We all loved that at the time

Now, if reports are true and he and his wife are FANS of the Bills, one would think they are also frustrated with the record, and will act as fans would act.

I for one see no way in hades that Brandon would be let go...how that guy kept fannies in the seats during this historic run (is that what your call it) should not be underestimated.

Call the GM into your office and say: this isn't good enough--I want to know what your plan is right now.

That's already what he does. Whaley makes the football decisions.

Right... And Whaley reports to Brandon, who reports to Littman and trust. You want clean slate, you get rid of all of them.

Except that the Bills are a playoff team outside of QB and maybe O-line. Why flush the team now? Fix what needs fixing. These aren't the Sabres.

You flush because those aren't your guys. The thing that needs fixing the most is the overall culture and atmosphere of this team. Multiple quarterbacks, multiple GMs, multiple coaching staffs... The constant is the CFO, Brandon, and the overall leadership. If you want true change, you change the top. We are in fact a couple pieces away, we still will be a couple pieces away after wholesale change.

CBF

I think the first thing that should happen is that TP gives them his vision of what he wants. Firing people just to have a clean slate sets the franchise back. They need to get out of this 3 year cycle of starting over. See how they can integrate his vision with the pieces they have in place. I understand people are frustrated but what Ralph tried to do with Juaron was correct. He just happened to be the wrong person to implement the consistency philosophy.

Right... And Whaley reports to Brandon, who reports to Littman and trust. You want clean slate, you get rid of all of them.

No, he does not.

Brandon has had carte blanche for well over a year-and-a-half. You don't have to believe me on this; that's definitely the case. Folks with more insight than myself as to what's going on inside 1 Bills Drive will tell you the same thing.

Brandon runs the show and sets the budget, while Whaley makes (quite literally) all the football decisions. There's been a clean slate since 1/1/13.

No, he does not.

Brandon has had carte blanche for well over a year-and-a-half. You don't have to believe me on this; that's definitely the case. Folks with more insight than myself as to what's going on inside 1 Bills Drive will tell you the same thing.

Brandon runs the show and sets the budget, while Whaley makes (quite literally) all the football decisions. There's been a clean slate since 1/1/13.

If Brandon sets the budget without input from the CFO, I'm Elvis. My overall point is, you've gotta clean house to make a true change.

CBF

Hire Bill Polian over all football operations. complete autonomy from russ, who stays over the business side till my wife is ready.

If Brandon sets the budget without input from the CFO, I'm Elvis. My overall point is, you've gotta clean house to make a true change.

Nice to meet you Mr. Presley (or is it Mr. Costello)?

Like I said, take it or leave it--that's the case.

And for the record, Littman has been on his way out the door since Russ took over.

what exactly are we preserving here?

That game yesterday. We have seen that same game played 100s of times in the past 15 years. It doesn't change. Its so old.

Making large organizational moves does not have to mean 10 years of rebuilding. Things happen rather quickly in the NFL if you get the right people in place. It really isnt rocket science. This organization appears to be continuing to go nowhere.

This team needs to turn it around fast or the end of December will be scorched earth at OBD. Pegula didnt pay $1.4 Billion to enable clowns to keep finishing in last place in a mathematically improbable period of time.

Im still hoping they turn in around though. However, this Texans game was very discouraging. It was right there for a good or even average team to take and they couldnt do it.

Hire Bill Polian over all football operations. complete autonomy from russ, who stays over the business side till my wife is ready.

Hopefully they'll give Polian the #1 overall pick or a terrific QB dropped in his lap.

I'm not going to say the man is not shrewd or that he doesn't have a record of success, but the Colts teams he assembled sans Manning were pretty worrisome, especially on defense.

No, he does not.

What

No, he does not.

What happens to Russ when he has to answer to Kim Pegula....?

What happens to Russ when he has to answer to Kim Pegula....?

I don't know, what happens?

Most likely if he can do what he does successfully and listen to his boss, he'll be fine.

Russ does not strike me as the kind of guy who is going to take a lot of issue with more resources being provided to bring in top-shelf talent and facilities on the football side.