Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

Can you explain how all this magical spending outside of players truly helps ? The Sabres have been bottom feeders the past two seasons despite the awesome spend that you cite . Green Bay has public ownership and is not backed by seemingly endless wealth . We don't see fancy spending from them on gleaming facilities or expensive trainers. Yet year and and year out they are contenders.

It's not about spending the most money. It's about being lucky in getting a critical mass of players who have talent and coaches who can harness.

All that I can say to this is that over the last 5 years or so teams have been obsessed with investing in facilities and quality of life for the players. It was actually a pretty big factor in LeBron returning because of the way that his family was treated in each place. Rome wasn't built in a day but with spending and talent spread so evenly you need to differentiate in certain ways. Buffalo doesn't have great weather or nightlife but is establishing a reputation for treating players well.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you explain how all this magical spending outside of players truly helps ? The Sabres have been bottom feeders the past two seasons despite the awesome spend that you cite . Green Bay has public ownership and is not backed by seemingly endless wealth . We don't see fancy spending from them on gleaming facilities or expensive trainers. Yet year and and year out they are contenders.

It's not about spending the most money. It's about being lucky in getting a critical mass of players who have talent and coaches who can harness.

Egos is what all the frilly stuff is about and a owner can make a difference by making the egos happy.

I wouldn't exactly call top coaches or bigger and better scouting department "frilly". Either of those would be a big help toward winning.

I don't get the NFL Network, so I'm not sure how much attention they have given this today. It doesn't seem as though ESPN has spent much time on this at all. Forget about the network and cable news programs. And that makes sense.

There is another huge NFL news story brewing, making precious little time for other stories.

But what do you suppose would have happened if the TO group won the bid? Would those outlets have been this quiet? Had Trump won, I'd expect more buzz, since that creepy bastard knows how to get in the press. And God forbid, in an alternate reality, had the team been purchased by someone who was clear the team would be moved, the story would be HUGE.

As a guy who spent too many years in TV, I see this as a good thing. Coverage typically goes to sideshows, things that are unusual. This is something solid, completely expected and apparently, not really news worthy at all.

Absolutely Fantastic !

i told you all

In general terms of course , with my signature. The one i have not changed since i logged in here with all you nutbuckets !

We Buffalo Bills Fans finally have a day in the sun. after so so long.

And everyone one of you deserve it. Every last one of you !

Enjoy the blessings folks .

And hell yes thank you to Ralph for making the wait worthwhile and giving us our Bills , thank you Mrs Wilson and the trustees fo allowing this to fall into the sweetest spot . And now I would like to thank the Pegulas for coming to our rescue. its no small thing we just experienced in our lives is it ?

And God bless everyone.

Especially us

I don't get the NFL Network, so I'm not sure how much attention they have given this today. It doesn't seem as though ESPN has spent much time on this at all. Forget about the network and cable news programs. And that makes sense.

There is another huge NFL news story brewing, making precious little time for other stories.

But what do you suppose would have happened if the TO group won the bid? Would those outlets have been this quiet? Had Trump won, I'd expect more buzz, since that creepy bastard knows how to get in the press. And God forbid, in an alternate reality, had the team been purchased by someone who was clear the team would be moved, the story would be HUGE.

As a guy who spent too many years in TV, I see this as a good thing. Coverage typically goes to sideshows, things that are unusual. This is something solid, completely expected and apparently, not really news worthy at all.

Valid points, all. Just watching NFL Total Access (on NFL Network) and they put the sale on their "rotation" of stories they are covering, but they spent a total of about 1 minute on the sale and a brief Pegula bio. It's simply not sensational (for non-Bills fans, who just don't get it).

By contrast, for those of us in Bills nation, this story is everything. In fairness, how can outsiders possibly understand the significance of how our gritty little town continues to hang with the big boys in the NFL. And someday, may rule them all. Wow.

Valid points, all. Just watching NFL Total Access (on NFL Network) and they put the sale on their "rotation" of stories they are covering, but they spent a total of about 1 minute on the sale and a brief Pegula bio. It's simply not sensational (for non-Bills fans, who just don't get it).

By contrast, for those of us in Bills nation, this story is everything. In fairness, how can outsiders possibly understand the significance of how our gritty little town continues to hang with the big boys in the NFL. And someday, may rule them all. Wow.

Yeah, I'm with you. I was doing the same thing. Sportscenter bumped it completely out of the rotation to go to live interviews of Raven players. Like you said NFL Network spent 42 seconds on it. You know what? EF EM

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

Sorry if already posted, but Sal Capaccio did a special show 12-3 today to talk about the sale. I had tears in my eyes listening to his opening comments. Thought I would post them here for anyone who missed it.

@WGR550: For the folks asking for @SalSports emotional opening comments, you can listen right here: http://t.co/brMANi0VXd

Can you explain how all this magical spending outside of players truly helps ? The Sabres have been bottom feeders the past two seasons despite the awesome spend that you cite.

You shouldn't comment on stuff you don't understand, like how the Sabres are doing. What you call bottom-feeding is a deliberate rebuilding of the team. Every NHL pundit sees the Sabres as an emerging powerhouse with the young talent in their system and 3 first round picks next draft, two of which are expected to be high picks.

As for Green Bay, much of their success comes down to two words: Aaron Rogers.

Sorry if already posted, but Sal Capaccio did a special show 12-3 today to talk about the sale. I had tears in my eyes listening to his opening comments. Thought I would post them here for anyone who missed it.

@WGR550: For the folks asking for @SalSports emotional opening comments, you can listen right here: http://t.co/brMANi0VXd

Followed by Mike Schopp emotionally telling everyone he doesn't care about the Bills. I doubt anyone wants to hear that speech.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You shouldn't comment on stuff you don't understand, like how the Sabres are doing. What you call bottom-feeding is a deliberate rebuilding of the team. Every NHL pundit sees the Sabres as an emerging powerhouse with the young talent in their system and 3 first round picks next draft, two of which are expected to be high picks.

As for Green Bay, much of their success comes down to two words: Aaron Rogers.

Followed by Mike Schopp emotionally telling everyone he doesn't care about the Bills. I doubt anyone wants to hear that speech.

i turned on Schopp around 6 and listened to both say they don't really care if they win and they don't feel anything emotional about the team. Explains a lot. I don't need a cheerleading squad but listening to them yawn through something like this is annoying.

i turned on Schopp around 6 and listened to both say they don't really care if they win and they don't feel anything emotional about the team. Explains a lot. I don't need a cheerleading squad but listening to them yawn through something like this is annoying.

It boggles my mind that WGR management keeps these two clowns on in afternoon drive time. A pair of Debbie Downers.

It boggles my mind that WGR management keeps these two clowns on in afternoon drive time. A pair of Debbie Downers.

I feel like Bulldog is certainly better. That jerk Schopp drags him down. That idiot doesn't realize that without the Bills there is no show for them. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I feel like Bulldog is certainly better. That jerk Schopp drags him down. That idiot doesn't realize that without the Bills there is no show for them.

Bulldog molds himself to his host. When he's on with Sal he sounds completely different. He absolutely gets dragged down by Schopp.

Bulldog molds himself to his host. When he's on with Sal he sounds completely different. He absolutely gets dragged down by Schopp.

Schopp hates the Bills and they hate him. WGR would be so much better if he was just gone. It's okay to be objective but to constantly be the devils advocate is tired. This holds especially true for someone as arrogant as Mike Schopp. He never comes across as anything more than a hater of the team that ultimately pays his salary.

Schopp hates the Bills and they hate him. WGR would be so much better if he was just gone. It's okay to be objective but to constantly be the devils advocate is tired. This holds especially true for someone as arrogant as Mike Schopp. He never comes across as anything more than a hater of the team that ultimately pays his salary.

Odd Huh ?

Bu folks keep giving him attention dont they ?

Odd Huh ?

Bu folks keep giving him attention dont they ?

Yep, but not in a Howard Stern type of way. He isn't polarizing and likable at the same time, no one likes him. The ratings are pretty good because he has a drive time sports talk show. You could put so many people in that times slot and have similar or better ratings.

So here's the funny thing. I was so moved by today's events I took the afternoon to come home and listen to WGR (note: I live in NC). From 12-3 the broadcast was incredible; Sal and Joe B took calls and celebrated the moment with Bills fans. And then it changed. I'm not local so I don't hear Schopp and Bulldog regularly, but I was pretty appalled by their lack of understanding regarding this day. Really, why do they have jobs on Buffalo sports radio? Very disappointing.

This made my day! I am a second generation Bills fan, my Dad grew up in Buffalo and was at the Rock Pile in 1960 to watch the original team. I was ready to quit football if the Bills moved. I am so happy this will not be necessary. Should I be so lucky, I look forward to creating a 3rd generation of Bills fans! Thanks you Terry and Kim... Thank you Mr. Wilson!