The Robert Woods CATCH

That's why this team could actually be good. Watkins-Williams-Woods-Goodwin is a dynamic foursome. CJ-Fred-Boobie-Brown, too is hard to beat. All EJ needs to do is not be stupid, and get the ball to playmakers downfield once in awhile. He did that today and it's a win on the road against a tough team.

The thing is, Whaley intentionally built this team to be able to succeed with EJ just being average. It's a nice strategy. What happens if he actually turns out to be decent or, god forbid, good.

That's why this team could actually be good. Watkins-Williams-Woods-Goodwin is a dynamic foursome. CJ-Fred-Boobie-Brown, too is hard to beat. All EJ needs to do is not be stupid, and get the ball to playmakers downfield once in awhile. He did that today and it's a win on the road against a tough team.

The thing is, Whaley intentionally built this team to be able to succeed with EJ just being average. It's a nice strategy. What happens if he actually turns out to be decent or, god forbid, good.

Truth.

The guys on Fox said they thought Woods jump early, Woods appeared to double clutch by extending his arms higher to catch the ball. You couldn't ask for a better ball & a great high point catch from Woods. I like these kind of throws because the WR is protected because once they secure the ball they are falling to the ground without landing on their legs - exposing themselves to their knees being taken out.

I'm watching the Bronco/Colts game and I see an Bronco WR (Sanders?) stretch out and make a great catch. And in my particular state of buzzedness it occurs to me:

When you have a talented WRs, with a QB they trust, special things happen fairly regularly. I know that's a pretty obvious observation, one I should be embarrassed to share on a public forum. (And I would be embarrassed if I gave a damn about what any of you think! :nana: ) Anyway...

Today I saw 2-3 very good efforts/receptions by Bills receivers, and I haven't really seen that for awhile. I also saw an uninspired effort or two, which I think I've seen a bit too much of recently. A game like this can start to be the difference. (I am not, on the basis of one game, prepared to say it will make a difference.) Guys see guys making plays, and having their number dialed up more, and they know it's time to step up. The more time these guys have to play together, and taste a bit of success. the more confident they will become, This is a young team and they have had very little time together. It's clear that Woods and EJ have a pretty solid connection. I believe I see the early stages between a connection between Williams and EJ. If that's the case, I can't help but believe Watkins doesn't take long after that.

Now look, I'm just tossing this around as what might be happening--I'm not, at this time, suggesting that it is happening.

So, in a nutshell: I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

I'm watching the Bronco/Colts game and I see an Bronco WR (Sanders?) stretch out and make a great catch. And in my particular state of buzzedness it occurs to me:

When you have a talented WRs, with a QB they trust, special things happen fairly regularly. I know that's a pretty obvious observation, one I should be embarrassed to share on a public forum. (And I would be embarrassed if I gave a damn about what any of you think! :nana: ) Anyway...

Today I saw 2-3 very good efforts/receptions by Bills receivers, and I haven't really seen that for awhile. I also saw an uninspired effort or two, which I think I've seen a bit too much of recently. A game like this can start to be the difference. (I am not, on the basis of one game, prepared to say it will make a difference.) Guys see guys making plays, and having their number dialed up more, and they know it's time to step up. The more time these guys have to play together, and taste a bit of success. the more confident they will become, This is a young team and they have had very little time together. It's clear that Woods and EJ have a pretty solid connection. I believe I see the early stages between a connection between Williams and EJ. If that's the case, I can't help but believe Watkins doesn't take long after that.

Now look, I'm just tossing this around as what might be happening--I'm not, at this time, suggesting that it is happening.

So, in a nutshell: I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

That's right.

The last "spectacular" catch I remember before the Marrone era was Stevie's one hander in midair. When we were down 30 against Seattle.