Fred's stiff arm

YoloinOhio

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an article from The Buffalo News. I'm posting it here because of this little quote.

• People always seem surprised when Fred Jackson breaks a long run, but his career rushing average of 4.5 is higher than that of Reggie Bush, Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Marshawn Lynch, Steven Jackson and Knowshon Moreno, among others.

Interesting. I'm not a big numbers guy, I'm a believer in chemistry, heart and determination type of thing, which is why I'm a Fred Jackson fan, so here's for the analytical type fan(s). Numbers don't lie.

For some reason I can't copy the link but it's from today's Jerry Sullivan article.

Edited by Tipster19

Long time reader, first time poster. This topic was finally stupid enough to get me to sign up for TSW. My name says it all. All shall be measured by whether they can carry Fred's jockstrap. You have been measured Bob, and you have been found wanting.

Where to begin? The season in which Fred "barely cracked 1,000 yards" also happened to be the year that he had more than 1,000 yards returning kicks. Fred was the first player EVER to accomplish that feat. As was previously noted, Fred's 4.5 YPC average is higher than a lot of much younger backs currently playing in the league. As for fumbles, Fred had one bad year, 2012, where he fumbled once every 25 carries. His usual average was once every hundred, and his career average is once every 76. He was having an MVP year in 2011 before injuring his knee. He's outlasted and outplayed three first-rounders in his career, Willis "It was 4th down?" McGahee, Marshawn "I'm still playing because my lawyers kick ass" Lynch, and now CJ "Haven't lived up to my potential" Spiller.

If Fred had been the feature back here throughout his career, like he should have been (Lynch and Spiller were wasted picks, IMHO), he'd probably have 2k-3k more yards. He probably would have made a few pro bowls, 2011 certainly. Overrated? Hardly. If anything, OBD has done everything they can to unseat him. But Fred Jackson will not go quietly. He is a pro's pro, and he'll be dragged away kicking and screaming. I'll make a prediction here. If the Bills make the Super Bowl in the next three years and win it, Fred Jackson will be the SB MVP. Yeah, I seddit.

/rant

Long time reader, first time poster. This topic was finally stupid enough to get me to sign up for TSW. My name says it all. All shall be measured by whether they can carry Fred's jockstrap. You have been measured Bob, and you have been found wanting.

Where to begin? The season in which Fred "barely cracked 1,000 yards" also happened to be the year that he had more than 1,000 yards returning kicks. Fred was the first player EVER to accomplish that feat. As was previously noted, Fred's 4.5 YPC average is higher than a lot of much younger backs currently playing in the league. As for fumbles, Fred had one bad year, 2012, where he fumbled once every 25 carries. His usual average was once every hundred, and his career average is once every 76. He was having an MVP year in 2011 before injuring his knee. He's outlasted and outplayed three first-rounders in his career, Willis "It was 4th down?" McGahee, Marshawn "I'm still playing because my lawyers kick ass" Lynch, and now CJ "Haven't lived up to my potential" Spiller.

If Fred had been the feature back here throughout his career, like he should have been (Lynch and Spiller were wasted picks, IMHO), he'd probably have 2k-3k more yards. He probably would have made a few pro bowls, 2011 certainly. Overrated? Hardly. If anything, OBD has done everything they can to unseat him. But Fred Jackson will not go quietly. He is a pro's pro, and he'll be dragged away kicking and screaming. I'll make a prediction here. If the Bills make the Super Bowl in the next three years and win it, Fred Jackson will be the SB MVP. Yeah, I seddit.

/rant

Glad I could inspire you to create a ridiculous name and post to a message board. I don't quite understand. Are you trying to measure my jock strap or are you trying to measure fred's or are you trying to get me to want to measure fred's? There is a lot of talk about stiffies and jock straps in this thread. It is starting to get confusing.

Glad I could inspire you to create a ridiculous name and post to a message board. I don't quite understand. Are you trying to measure my jock strap or are you trying to measure fred's or are you trying to get me to want to measure fred's? There is a lot of talk about stiffies and jock straps in this thread. It is starting to get confusing.

Tampa Bob. Im going to see Tom Petty in Tampa on Sunday...But I will getting primed for the concert before by watching FREDEX run all over the Chargers!

I have a question about stiff arm rules, but I'm afraid it may be lost after 13 pages. I watched both Fred and Steve Smith with awesome stiff arms on NFL Mobile. Fred hits The guy in the chest and then the underarm to knock him down. Nice. Steve gets his hand in the guys face mask and it looks like he pulls him down by it. Even if he doesn't pull his face mask, why is it not a penalty? I've been a Bills fan since the 60's and have only seen one offensive player called for facemask. That was against OJ. Can anyone explain why runners never get called for this penalty? Thanks.

I have a question about stiff arm rules, but I'm afraid it may be lost after 13 pages. I watched both Fred and Steve Smith with awesome stiff arms on NFL Mobile. Fred hits The guy in the chest and then the underarm to knock him down. Nice. Steve gets his hand in the guys face mask and it looks like he pulls him down by it. Even if he doesn't pull his face mask, why is it not a penalty? I've been a Bills fan since the 60's and have only seen one offensive player called for facemask. That was against OJ. Can anyone explain why runners never get called for this penalty? Thanks.

I think Steve's "stiff arm" should have been called...

Grasping the face mask is a penalty...

Listening to the radio tonight, and heard this great line in the sports report:

"Chris Conte with an amazing acrobatic interception just now. Of course, that still doesn't make up for getting stiff-armed by Fred Jackson last week..."

Not making that up. :lol:

As much as you hate Freddy, I like him that much more. The reference is to "being on a guy's jock", or in other words, a rabid fan. Yes, I am an unabashed Fanboy with a serious mancrush on Fred Jackson. Third best Bills running back ever. Hard to dislodge Thurman and he who shall not be named, but who knows? Fred's far from done.