TJ Graham claimed by Titans

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have every reason to believe that Graham is a better option on offense than Hogan.

As has been said repeatedly, you're rarely looking for offense from your 5th WR. He's got to help out elsewhere (i.e., ST).

Lord, after a million posts complaining that the Bills drafted TJ and kept him on the roster, will we have to endure a million more from the same people about how the Bills should not have cut him?

Yep. Apparently, most posters here were brought up in strict "Heads I win, tails you lose" households.

There has been a lot of reporting on Hogan this preseason. They say he came to camp in great shape and worked his ass off. Ended up being one of the most consistent WRs through camp. That's pretty impressive considering some of the talent we have at the position now.

Lord, after a million posts complaining that the Bills drafted TJ and kept him on the roster, will we have to endure a million more from the same people about how the Bills should not have cut him?

Yep. Apparently, most posters here were brought up in strict "Heads I win, tails you lose" households.

I have never wanted Graham cut, sorry fellas.

As has been said repeatedly, you're rarely looking for offense from your 5th WR. He's got to help out elsewhere (i.e., ST).

Sure, but when your 4th WR is injured all the time, maybe that "rare" time looking for offense isn't so rare.

The Bills might actually wind up missing Graham in four WR sets if Glass Goodwin cannot stay healthy.

Yep. I could see Goodwin going down and the Bills missing a speedster.

Nah, it was Jax. Linky.

Addendum: pro-football-reference draft listing makes me sad reviewing how we passed on Dalton and Kaepernick in 2011 in favor of Aaron Williams in the 2rd, and passed on Wilson and Foles in 2012 in favor of trading up for Graham in the 3rd. I haven't given up on EJ, but so far he hasn't shown he's fit to carry the jock of any one of them. Done is done, but I still feel sad.

EJ's not fit to carry their jocks? Kaepernick's first year: 3 of 5 35 yards.

good player who should have not been cut. Was coming into his own in preseason, versatile in slot and deep patterns, and a good kick returner.

Which preseason was that? The one where he had under ten catches (in five games against largely 3rd stringers) for under 100 yards? Or perhaps it was during the Lions game, arguably the most important game of TJ's Bills' career where he had a whopping one catch, fair caught virtually every punt and made no effort to make himself worthy of a roster spot?

If that's what you consider coming into your own, I shudder to think what you classify as a bust.

Which preseason was that? The one where he had under ten catches (in five games against largely 3rd stringers) for under 100 yards? Or perhaps it was during the Lions game, arguably the most important game of TJ's Bills' career where he had a whopping one catch, fair caught virtually every punt and made no effort to make himself worthy of a roster spot?

If that's what you consider coming into your own, I shudder to think what you classify as a bust.

who was throwing it to him? EJ (disappointing preseason) Lewis (cut), Palmer (cut), Dixon (cut), Tuel (cut and signed to PS). who under those circumstances who lights it up? other than Woods, TJs stats were comparable to or better than every other WR who made it. As for punts, when there was room he returned it, when there wasn't he fair caught it ... exactly the judgement youd want in a KR.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

who was throwing it to him? EJ (disappointing preseason) Lewis (cut), Palmer (cut), Dixon (cut), Tuel (cut and signed to PS). who under those circumstances who lights it up? other than Woods, TJs stats were comparable to or better than every other WR who made it. As for punts, when there was room he returned it, when there wasn't he fair caught it ... exactly the judgement youd want in a KR.

In two years he caught less than 80 balls for under 700 yards and only 3 TDs. He showed, repeatedly, that he was incapable of tracking the ball in the air (one of the most important traits a WR can possess), he had the drops more often than he had the catches, and he proved to be a below average returner in real game action and even worse in the pre-season.

Woods, Williams, Goodwin all put up better numbers (in Goodwin's case in far less games). Thinking TJ was anything more than a middling WR with speed, which are a dime a dozen in the league, is an overestimation of his talent level.

I have every reason to believe that Graham is a better option on offense than Hogan.

At what position? In the slot? Out wide? Just because they play "WR" doesn't mean they do the same things. The Bills have plenty of guys who can play outside, they needed more depth in the slot as they only have Woods there. Who plays the slot if Woods goes down in your scenario where Graham makes the roster and Hogan is cut? The only option I see there is Sammy and what a waste of talent to have him lining up primarily in the slot.

In two years he caught less than 80 balls for under 700 yards and only 3 TDs. He showed, repeatedly, that he was incapable of tracking the ball in the air (one of the most important traits a WR can possess), he had the drops more often than he had the catches, and he proved to be a below average returner in real game action and even worse in the pre-season.

Woods, Williams, Goodwin all put up better numbers (in Goodwin's case in far less games). Thinking TJ was anything more than a middling WR with speed, which are a dime a dozen in the league, is an overestimation of his talent level.

all of which in your judgement, which you're trying to state as fact

no one is saying he is the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice, what I did see (my judgement) was a guy coming into his own as a football player, as a 5th WR on KR on this team, certainly more deserving IMHO than Chris Hogan, who brings this illustrious history to the table ...

San Francisco 49ers[edit]

On July 27, 2011, the San Francisco 49ers signed Hogan as an undrafted free agent. On September 3, 2011, he was released by the 49ers.

New York Giants[edit]

On September 12, 2011, Hogan was signed by the New York Giants and was placed on the practice squad. On September 23, 2011, he was released by the Giants.

Miami Dolphins[edit]

On December 27, 2011, Hogan was signed to the Miami Dolphins's practice squad. On January 3, 2012, he signed a reserve/future contract with the Dolphins. In 2012, Hogan was among the final cuts at the end of training camp, but he was re-signed to the Dolphins' practice squad. On September 11, 2012, Hogan's practice squad contract was terminated by the Dolphins.[2]

Buffalo Bills[edit]

On November 6, 2012, the Buffalo Bills signed Hogan to the practice squad. On December 18, 2012, Hogan was promoted to the active roster.

2013 BUF Games 16 Catches 10 Yards 83 TDs 0

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack