Kyle Orton rumor [update : now signed]

YoloinOhio

And worst of all, he is timid and scared on a football field, in my opinion. He looks like a fish out of water. he is happy to get off the field.

The great ones are the precise opposite. They want to be down by 4 points with 42 seconds left in the Superbowl...and the ball in their hands. They want to get out there and put the ball in the end zone for the big win.

In my opinion, you can sense EJ being exactly, 180 degrees, the opposite sort of guy.

Stopthenonsense. EJ led a game winning drive at the end of his second game last year. He led another game winning drive late in the season. He had a sure game winning drive against the Falcons before Stevie fumbled it away and then in overtime before Chandler fumbled it away. He won four bowl games in college, one of two quarterbacks ever. That's one of his strengths, when the game is on the line.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopthenonsense. EJ led a game winning drive at the end of his second game last year. He led another game winning drive late in the season. He had a sure game winning drive against the Falcons before Stevie fumbled it away and then in overtime before Chandler fumbled it away. He won four bowl games in college, one of two quarterbacks ever. That's one of his strengths, when the game is on the line.

I was just about to post the same thing, although I don't remember the 2nd game-winning drive. Jacksonville?

Biggest problem I see is Hackett and Downing have been coddling EJ so much that when he sucks and it's often. He believes he did a good job (see his post game after Detroit) bring in Orton who's proven he can make reads get the ball out on time and actually be accurate past 10 yds. This offense has tons of weapons and only needs a decent manager to be successful and EJ can't even handle that. I blame the coaches they have done a piss poor job being critical of EJ when he's played poorly. If they spent less time blowing sunshine up his ass and more time getting in his face about sucking he might be better off right now

agree 100%. A vet should have been brought in at the beginning of the off season. Keep telling someone what they are doing is good and they will keep doing it. They treat EJ like a freaking kid. They don't necessarily need to get in his face, but bringing in meaningful competition always helps.

EJ's problems are not about how much sunshine has been blown up his ass or what the coaching staff has done with him.

If he was a good QB no one would be discussing these types of tangental issues.

To reiterate, EJ's problems can't be fixed. He doesn't see the field well; he processes information very slowly on a football field and he mentally can't keep up with the speed of the NFL game. His football IQ is below room temperature. He can't lead a running receiver. He has big time accuracy and consistency issues.

And worst of all, he is timid and scared on a football field, in my opinion. He looks like a fish out of water. he is happy to get off the field.

The great ones are the precise opposite. They want to be down by 4 points with 42 seconds left in the Superbowl...and the ball in their hands. They want to get out there and put the ball in the end zone for the big win.

In my opinion, you can sense EJ being exactly, 180 degrees, the opposite sort of guy.

I think its the coaching. He seems to be reading the field a little better now, but last year and this year there are open guys and he throws the ball in terrible locations. The coaches seem to be fine running this check-down, bubble-screen college offense. This does not work in the NFL against NFL DL and LB's. Sometimes it does, but not every freaking play.

I disagree. It's easy to forget, for example, that the "triumphant game winning drive" against the Panthers included throwing the ball directly into the hands of a defender, who decided to drop the ball.

This is the stuff that is deleted from history after the fact.

Yes, that is part of football and he DID get the job done in that game! If you think this guy is going to be a good QB, you are insane.

End of story!

I was just about to post the same thing, although I don't remember the 2nd game-winning drive. Jacksonville?

LOL. Guys! This debate doesn't need to be solved in the next 30 minutes.

EJ is THE MAN in Buffalo and the entire coaching staff and Front Office has hitched their wagon to his success. He will therefore get every chance, plus a few extras, to prove he is the guy.

And when he proves he is not the right guy and a new owner fires everyone associated with the team and starts looking for a real QB to draft, we can re-visit the issue.

Hang in there! It won't take too much longer. I promise.

I disagree. It's easy to forget, for example, that the "triumphant game winning drive" against the Panthers included throwing the ball directly into the hands of a defender, who decided to drop the ball.

Yes, that is part of football and he DID get the job done in that game! If you think this guy is going to be a good QB, you are insane.

End of story!

Insanity is thinking opinions are facts.

But hey we all do it at times. I just took umbrage with the idea he doesn't want the ball in his hands at the end of games or big games. That's just flat wrong. That has always been one of his strengths. Even when he is playing bad.

Insanity is thinking opinions are facts.

But hey we all do it at times. I just took umbrage with the idea he doesn't want the ball in his hands at the end of games or big games. That's just flat wrong. That has always been one of his strengths. Even when he is playing bad.

It's hard to argue with a guy who KNOWS these things.

End of story!

Yep Hall of Fame QBs never have their passes dropped by defenders - that only happens to EJ so we cannot count that game winning drive.

Ever see Charlie Romes drop the pass from Dan Fouts in our playoff loss?

LOL. Guys! This debate doesn't need to be solved in the next 30 minutes.

EJ is THE MAN in Buffalo and the entire coaching staff and Front Office has hitched their wagon to his success. He will therefore get every chance, plus a few extras, to prove he is the guy.

And when he proves he is not the right guy and a new owner fires everyone associated with the team and starts looking for a real QB to draft, we can re-visit the issue.

Hang in there! It won't take too much longer. I promise.

If and when you start using the word "if" instead of "when" in discussions like this that are based on opinion and not fact, I'll participate.

End of story!

Or that, say, Tom Brady fumbled on that tuck rule play.

And yet another thread devolves into an EJ bash fest.

I believe that is covered and required according to the Terms of Use in the fine print. Or at least that appears to be the case... I haven't looked it up.

I believe that is covered and required according to the Terms of Use in the fine print. Or at least that appears to be the case... I haven't looked it up.

I dont have my glasses nearby , but that sounds about right Augie .in it's current revison .

gotta pay attention to the addendums folks !

Edited by 3rdand12

And yet another thread devolves into an EJ bash fest.

People can't talk about one QB without comparing others. It's the worst. And everyone--myself included--has been guilty of it. But it leads to every thread being a bashfest. I bet poor, innocent, we never knew 'ye, Jordan Palmer was bashed in here at one point too.

Accuracy cannot be improved via practice with WRs? Or getting more and more used to the speed of the NFL game?

Why even practice then? Drew Brees often practices at targets - you must consider that a waste of time?

Well, I did read on a message board that mechanics and accuracy issues were not only fixable, but easily fixable. So take that for what it is worth.