This is a post to give you hope!

1. We face last nights opponent in week 5, last night was a match up of who could show the least from a coaching perspective. Additionally, last weeks opponent runs a similar defense to our week one opponent, so I feel similarly about that contest. Sure, the players still need to win their position battles, and they did not, but if you are intentionally not put in the best position to win from a coaching stand point, it makes some sense that you don't.

2. We played a QB last night that had not been on the team for 4 full days yet. Please. I know Marrone says winning in the PS is important, but if it were, Tuel would have played last night.

3. Our defense is stout!

4. EJ is experiencing a full training camp and going into a game healthy, both for the first time in his career. This does not make him more accurate or give him quicker decision making, but it is a positive.

5. If a better back-up option is available, I am sure the Bills will do what they can, this administration has shown this in the past. There are none(Tebow included) at this point.

I for one choose not to buy into the Chicken Little's of the Buffalo sports world, and furthermore I feel they are hurting our image with players and coaches. People wonder what got into Marrone this summer in terms of his gruffness with the media. Well go back and listen to the questions being asked, day after day, another question from the press trying to elicit a response that equals him saying he has less confidence in EJ. If I had to answer that question daily, I too would be gruff. The speculative nature of the coverage of this team is also a problem for me, as being stonewalled on a question must mean something more!

Weather we like to admit it or not, players hear what is said and pay attention to how they are treated by the local media and fans. See the tweet of Goodwin from last week. It is a different era today; Would the bills of the 90's survived the building years of the late 80's in today's blanket coverage, knee jerk reaction-ism society we live in today. Would those players, legendary partiers to say the least, have survived had cell phones and social media existed then? Doubtfully as unscathed as they did.

I am far from a Pollyanna, but would fight on her side against the Chicken little's every day, and twice on Sunday's...unless it is the Thursday night game, then it will be twice on Thusdays!

PS:The title of this thread is for all you Mason Jennings fans.

I'm not terrified at all. I've already written off the season. I'm going to watch the game of course but if the score is 17-0 Bears at half time or something of that nature I'm planning on walking away for the season

You can't walk away. You know it. You can tell yourself that to feel better about yourself, but you will be back. Once the Bills are in your blood, they are in your blood. You will bleed red white and blue right along with the rest of us. You're not fooling anyone you know.....

For the season. Or at least until new ownership is announced. Not forever. I'll always be a die hard Bills fan. If the team looks absolutely putrid next Sunday I don't plan on watching the rest of the year. Its a complete waste of my time to be emotionally involved when I know exactly whats coming.

Pinkie promise?

Why don't you just leave now if you know exactly what's coming.

some brighter sides of this:

Re-shuffled OL's always need time to gel (or jell) - We had Cordy out for most of camp, We had to give a long look to our 2nd rounder at RT - "no go" there, Seantrel changing sides, Pears to an inside position, etc. I believe that we are as strong at the OT position as we have been in over a decade. We achieved the overall depth we needed as well. This is a unit that will get stronger as the season progresses, that's how good OL's come to be….hardly ever an overnight thing.

RB's - check.

WR's: our guys get open. Williams looks to be a great addition at a good price.

Schwartz : as advertised

TACKLES FOR LOSSES! - led the league in preseason…that cannot ever be a bad thing.

Mario, Marcel and Kyle: Cutler - you're first.

Spikes - as advertised.

Bradham - raised his game this year.

Duke Williams - same

Preston Brown - future looking bright here.

The flashes of our offense clicking, although few and not in the red zone, involved nice chunks of yardage. The slightest uptick from better OL chemistry and better QB play will yield much more production. Need our stars to get the ball and do what they do.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

Part of me hopes Bon Jovi gets the team and moves them. Then I believe my curse will end. And I can stop following this team.

It ALL hinges on the OL. No defense can be on the field for 45 minutes beause the offense can't move the chains.

That has to do with the QB, not the OL

This is a perfect example of the speculative negativity that I was referring to. It seems to have permeated throughout the fan base, nay the citizens, of my beloved homeland. I don't blame any individuals, but wish it could be washed away from your souls. It is just as imaginable that we are up 17-0 at half time, but not many allow themselves to believe it.

I'm not terrified at all. I've already written off the season. I'm going to watch the game of course but if the score is 17-0 Bears at half time or something of that nature I'm planning on walking away for the season

Listen Pan, your antics and high jinx have been tolerated in the past, but what you have written below is sacrilege. You watch your tongue, Boy!

Part of me hopes Bon Jovi gets the team and moves them. Then I believe my curse will end. And I can stop following this team.

That has to do with the QB, not the OL

What you wrote above is ill informed, the OL blocking in the pass game to protect the QB, and the run game to open lanes comes first, then the QB must deliver.

Richmond Bob, the Bills salute you! That's the sort of optimism that keeps people in the seats at RWS to watch inferior football season after season. I had season tickets for years and years, drove long distances to watch the games; slowly the product quality went south. I stuck with it for several more years, then "shifted" from a fan in attendance to a fan watching on TV. I'm almost weaned off the entire debacle. When the first quarter ends in turmoil, I figure I've seen that game too many times before and turn it off. That hasn't caused me to miss very much over the last decade.

I remain a cautious Bills fan in that I am an admirer of the history of the team, but have no expectations for the future.

It is just as imaginable that we are up 17-0 at half time, but not many allow themselves to believe it.

It definitely is imaginable. If EJ shows up hot and plays a great game then I think the Bills will be able to easily pass and run against the Bears. Of course we have to be able to get a pass rush too in order to negate Cutler and crew. I know that it is possible and that is what I am hoping will happen. It is exciting to think about.

And then there is a devil on my other shoulder telling me that I am nuts for trying to hold onto my optimism. The devil says this whole thing could blow up and become unimaginably bad. And he insists that he is going to do his best to make sure that it plays out his way.

I've got your optimism right here... For the first time in a long time, we might be looking at a really talented bills team that underachieves their way to 6-10 instead of a completely un talented team that overachieves it's way to 6-10.

That my friends is progress!

I very much dislike you. It is true and all but I don't want to hear it any more.

It was a lot easier being a Bills fans watching under performers over achieve.

I've got your optimism right here... For the first time in a long time, we might be looking at a really talented bills team that underachieves their way to 6-10 instead of a completely un talented team that overachieves it's way to 6-10.

That my friends is progress!

So you say we are better, but will still be as bad? Cool, another great example of manufactured negativity

I agree with all of the OPs points. Also, I know a lot of people think that marrone and Co will stick with EJ for the full year, but I believe if the first few weeks go badly, they will bring in a veteran QB and make a change. With a new owner on the horizon, they don't have the liberty of another losing season.

Will you also walk away from here, too?

I very much dislike you. It is true and all but I don't want to hear it any more.

It was a lot easier being a Bills fans watching under performers over achieve.

It's Friday man I'm just being sarcastic. It's really sad these guys look so crappy now.

I think the talent and skill to be a good team is there. Coach will either get it out of them or we are going to enter another cycle of roster and coaching overhaul.... Which I frankly don't want to see because we've been hitting reset for far too long.

So you say we are better, but will still be as bad? Cool, another great example of manufactured negativity

People take themselves soooo seriously.

TBD....Need the sarcasm font still.....

I am super positive, positive we aren't going to know jack about this team until they play a bunch of games that matter.

This roster with our QB's... 4-12

This roster with a top 10 QB.... 16-0.

This roster with a 11- 15th Ranked QB. 9-7 maybe 10-6

The part the gets me is, management knew this too. Yet they did not even draft a QB just in case Manuel flamed out. Who would not trade our current 2nd Round pick for any other drafted QB available at the time.