What Will Chicago's Defensive Game Plan Be For Playing The Bills?

PolishDave

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How 'bout this: 1st play - Bills go jumbo with Urbik in as 3rd TE. Fred in backfield. Goodwin out right. Play action bomb to Goodwin. 80 yard TD. Since they haven't shown it, it can only mean they're setting up for it. The Bills are just setting up the Bears. All this incompetence is just a show.

How's that for Koolaid?

Not bad..

For the first play, I would be more inclined to go shotgun 4 wide though and force single coverage on Watkins or Goodwin. Then throw the bomb.

Come out chuckin the ball deep right away. Let Chicago know that they will need to respect it. If and when Chicago does respect it, then I run the football down their throats.

If I am the Bears, I try to take away the run. Stack the box. I blitz EJ every single time it is an obvious passing situation. I make him try to beat me with his arm. I would do my best to make sure he has very little time to throw in those obvious passing situations. I have my db's play physical with Bills receivers in that first five yards (buffer zone) from scrimmage.

I think this will be the plan going forward for every team playing the Bills until the Bills prove they will beat teams who do this with deep passes.

I wonder if this is why the coaching staff has had EJ practicing getting rid of the ball right away. Seems to me that this is exactly what EJ is going to need to learn to do well in order to have consistent success.

Your opinion?

yep. thats about it. same as last year. and we have to run it anyway. two tight ends , the works

Game plan? At this point if I were the Bears, I would just sit back and wait for us to self destruct. The way the first team offense is playing, the Bears will only need a single field goal to win.

Who ever has the Koolaid serve it up because i really could use some!

BigPappy!

probably much like our scheme --- let the front 4 get after the qb, LBs stay at home to clean up the run and underneath passing game, and a pretty basic shell to force EJ to throw into coverage until he shows he is willing/able to throw a guy open.

Every team...and I mean EVERY team...is going to challenge EJ to beat them until he consistently proves he can...If the Bills try that run on 1st and 2nd down thing they did last year they will get the same results...And DC's understand our RB's are our strength on offense...A few big plays in the passing game can change all that quickly...But otherwise the Bills will see a ton of guys in that box every Sunday... B-)

It IS as simple as this.

doesnt make sense to blitz if you can get pressure with four. 8 in the box against a team with speed WR's would risk giving up a game changing long ball, unless they couldn't stop the run with their front 7.

i always watch the Oline and Dline battles in the first few series very intently because it usually gives you a good barometer of how the game is going to go.

Bears have the best receiving duo in the NFL so they'll always be in the game, even if we get ahead by a few scores.

We need some long drives to keep Cutler on the bench and whining. We need front 4 pressure on defense so we can drop 7 and harass receivers. Spikes v Forte will be fun to watch.

Mike Williams makes Whaley look like a genius with a big day and the Bills squeak out the win in this one on a Cutler sack strip late in the game by Super Mario.

I would say the Bear's number one objective would be not injure EJ! Why would they want to risk Orton coming in the game?

I know Orton has been studying the game plan pretty hard.

Hackett runs a pretty complex offense but I think Orton should have all plays down by now.

I found a copy:

post-5066-14096577977906_thumb.jpg

How 'bout this: 1st play - Bills go jumbo with Urbik in as 3rd TE. Fred in backfield. Goodwin out right. Play action bomb to Goodwin. 80 yard TD. Since they haven't shown it, it can only mean they're setting up for it. The Bills are just setting up the Bears. All this incompetence is just a show.

How's that for Koolaid?

I like it , I like it

If I am the Bears, I try to take away the run. Stack the box. I blitz EJ every single time it is an obvious passing situation. I make him try to beat me with his arm. I would do my best to make sure he has very little time to throw in those obvious passing situations. I have my db's play physical with Bills receivers in that first five yards (buffer zone) from scrimmage.

I think this will be the plan going forward for every team playing the Bills until the Bills prove they will beat teams who do this with deep passes.

I wonder if this is why the coaching staff has had EJ practicing getting rid of the ball right away. Seems to me that this is exactly what EJ is going to need to learn to do well in order to have consistent success.

Your opinion?

The exact opposite approach. Like most have said, stack the line and stop the run but they have no need to blitz over and over again. That just plays into EJ's strength - the dump-off pass. What they want to do is play the run and then drop the backers back into coverage and make EJ throw into that coverage or dump it off. If he does the latter its an easy matter for the LBs to come in and stop it for a short gain.

That being said, EJ is young so the Bears need to mix it up. A blitz here and there to keep him honest and a bit confused as to what the D is going to do. The last thing they need to do is just bring the heat over and over - particularly with an OL than can be beaten one on one.

Your opinion?

While I agree that the Bears will crowd the line of scrimmage and jam recievers, I do not think they will blitz. I think they will play the short zones and tempt the Bills to go deep. Until EJ and Hackett demonstrate that they will call and complete some deep balls, this is what they will see.