What Will Chicago's Defensive Game Plan Be For Playing The Bills?

PolishDave

How 'bout this: 1st play - Bills go jumbo with Urbik in as 3rd TE. Fred in backfield. Goodwin out right. Play action bomb to Goodwin. 80 yard TD. Since they haven't shown it, it can only mean they're setting up for it. The Bills are just setting up the Bears. All this incompetence is just a show.

How's that for Koolaid?

That really is what we have to hope for isn't it. That Marrones comment of not showing the playbook in preseason is true, that Manuel is much better and much more consistent than he has shown, that Watkins ribs are healed and he was just faking the pain Thursday night, and that the Bills in general are far better than they have shown in preseason.

That plus maybe that the Bears come in overconfident and not ready.

The good news is, in less that a week we will know.

Edited by CodeMonkey

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While I agree that the Bears will crowd the line of scrimmage and jam recievers, I do not think they will blitz. I think they will play the short zones and tempt the Bills to go deep. Until EJ and Hackett demonstrate that they will call and complete some deep balls, this is what they will see.

I thought one of the lessons in Football 101 was to bring heat on young quarterbacks until they prove they can beat you. Young quarterbacks usually give up more sacks and turnovers when blitzed. No? I think they would be foolish not to blitz right away and at least test whether it works or not.