The all Tebow for the Bills thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently Tebow being open about his religion, which is shared by nearly 3 quarters of America, and the massive media scrutiny it brings, invalidates him from being a backup QB in spite of his successes

His religious beliefs shouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately he has a lot of fans (and detractors) who seem to be stuck on that topic. But that's no reason not to sign him.

He sucks HARD as an NFL QB, and is a major distraction (for no payoff) is reason enough.

I looked it up, by the way. Denver defense had the 9th worst PPG allowed in the NFL. I believe there were 10 NFC teams ahead of them. Still, #23 is hardly a defense of legend.

Nope, In the entire NFL Denver ranked 9th in scoring against:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=SCORING&season=2011&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Nope, In the entire NFL Denver ranked 9th in scoring against:

http://www.nfl.com/s...false&Submit=Go

Dean. You're gonna laugh. You have the list in descending order. The Bills are #1 cause we had the WORST defense in the AFC that year. Denver was the 4th WORST in PPG allowed in the AFC.

Denver was the 9th WORST in the NFL in points allowed. But this miscommunication is hilarious.

Edited by FireChan

apparently Tebow being open about his religion, which is shared by nearly 3 quarters of America, and the massive media scrutiny it brings, invalidates him from being a backup QB in spite of his successes

Yep

His religious beliefs shouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately he has a lot of fans (and detractors) who seem to be stuck on that topic. But that's no reason not to sign him.

He sucks HARD as an NFL QB, and is a major distraction (for no payoff) is reason enough.

but gamer and clutch overcome QB difficulties.

All the anti TEBOW people I ask, is he better than Tuel Time? EJ's the starter. Its not a matter of if EJ misses games, it's when and how many. Do we really want Tuel who has 1TD and 3 picks with us losing all the games he was in, or a guy with 17 TDs vs 9 picks and has won regular season AND a playoff game?

He finds ways to win whereas TuelTime finds new and exciting ways to lose.

Someone asked earlier how, I can think of 2 off hand. The playoff game for one. Broncos also won vs Jets where they needed a late aTD to win. Everyone knew Tim was going to run it and he did and still scored.

At one time Kurt Warner,Fred Jackson, Doug Flutie, and Johnny Unitas were players no NFL team wanted. So that argument means nothing to me.

One more shot at diplomacy.

Even IF all those things were acceptable. And you take away his LEGENDARY slow release out of the equation. And you take away the fact that the wildcat offense (which was a strength of his) fad is long gone.

That's a great point, except that Tebow (like everyone else now) ran the read-option.

As for the Denver's D in 2011, you can show me all the rankings you want, that team gave up 29 or more points in 7 off their games (including the playoffs) and 40 or more in 5. If that is a great defense that carries a team, then I need to rethink the term "great defense". The Tebow-offense for the broncos put up 29 or more in 3 games (Orton-offense = 0). Never let fact cloud a good crusade.

I like the idea. It's time to bring in Tebow. He could turn into a Doug flutie like player and then bills will bench him when they need him the most.

The best comparison so far. Tim Tebow is EXACTLY like Doug Flutie.

They both sucked.

Neither could read a defense.

They both lived on broken plays.

They were both inaccurate passers.

They are both ridiculously phony.

They are both ridiculously selfish.

They shared the same goal - "to be an NFL QB."

The notion of "team," never computed to either. They were all about the individual achievements.

There's a reason that these two clowns were starters for a total of 3 years between them.

Just like there are reasons that Tebow isn't going to be on a 53-man roster. Sucking at being a QB is the main reason, but his phony praise be to Jesus crap only covered up his true, selfish motives for a short time.

Tim Tebow only cares about Tim Tebow. Just like Doug Flutie only ever cared about Doug Flutie.

All the anti TEBOW people I ask, is he better than Tuel Time? EJ's the starter. Its not a matter of if EJ misses games, it's when and how many. Do we really want Tuel who has 1TD and 3 picks with us losing all the games he was in, or a guy with 17 TDs vs 9 picks and has won regular season AND a playoff game?

He finds ways to win whereas TuelTime finds new and exciting ways to lose.

Someone asked earlier how, I can think of 2 off hand. The playoff game for one. Broncos also won vs Jets where they needed a late aTD to win. Everyone knew Tim was going to run it and he did and still scored.

At one time Kurt Warner,Fred Jackson, Doug Flutie, and Johnny Unitas were players no NFL team wanted. So that argument means nothing to me.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Wow, 10 pages on talking about a lame QB that no other team in the NFL will even consider as a backup QB....only Bills fans.

While I agree that Tuel and Lewis look terribad right now. There will be some "real" viable backups released or moved to practice squads as teams cut down their rosters.

Talking about bringing in Tim Tebow is like talking about bringing in Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young, or Josh Freeman. Heck, why not give Jeff George a call to see if he wants to play.

Whats scary about Tebow is he is the opposite of Trent Edwards who could look brilliant in practice, and fall on his face once a real game started. Even his Florida college coaches would wonder how they were going to win games with a QB who can't complete a pass in practice. He was scary bad at practice in Denver, in fact so bad that they talked about moving him to receiver. So bad with the Jets that the Jets OC didn't ever want to see him on the field during a regular game, even for option plays. He was also so bad in New England that the guy who drafted him couldn't convince Belichick to keep him on the roster at any position.

Tebowmania is finally dead, as it should be. The Bills don't need that circus right now. Let it go guys!

Dean. You're gonna laugh. You have the list in descending order. The Bills are #1 cause we had the WORST defense in the AFC that year. Denver was the 4th WORST in PPG allowed in the AFC.

Denver was the 9th WORST in the NFL in points allowed. But this miscommunication is hilarious.

Yup. My bad. Point Fire Chan!

Yep

but gamer and clutch overcome QB difficulties.

Sometimes they make up for small differences, but not a completion % under 50%. Guy can't get a job as a THIRD string QB on any NFL team, but you want him on the Bills. Brilliant!

Where the heck have you been?

The best comparison so far. Tim Tebow is EXACTLY like Doug Flutie.

They both sucked.

Neither could read a defense.

They both lived on broken plays.

They were both inaccurate passers.

They are both ridiculously phony.

They are both ridiculously selfish.

They shared the same goal - "to be an NFL QB."

The notion of "team," never computed to either. They were all about the individual achievements.

There's a reason that these two clowns were starters for a total of 3 years between them.

Just like there are reasons that Tebow isn't going to be on a 53-man roster. Sucking at being a QB is the main reason, but his phony praise be to Jesus crap only covered up his true, selfish motives for a short time.

Tim Tebow only cares about Tim Tebow. Just like Doug Flutie only ever cared about Doug Flutie.

Thank. You.

If anyone on here thinks Teblow is the answer,pick another pro -sport. Timmy had his shots and is horrible. Throws like a girl. I can`t believe anyone would even consider him as a back-up.

I don't care about his throwing style, we have to start getting 6's in the Red Zone, and he's certainly worth a try. If he came in now, at least we have some remaining pre-season games to bring him up to speed.