Tipping etiquette

The Poojer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to be a d*** about it, that is...

Tipping is good. Never hurts to throw a little extra at someone providing a service that you yourself can't be bothered to do at the moment. Afterall, you could always bring a lunch/breakfast etc. with you.

Do you tip at McDonald's?

Always, always tip. Unless of course you received crappy/rude service.

yep, that's exactly what I do. so what if it's the owner who serves me? it's appreciated, and often times will reflect in the service or treatment I get when I return. in addition, I tip bartenders heavily. that way I never, ever have to wait for a drink. at my usual hang out, they always get a drink ready for me when they see me pull into the parking lot, and have it sitting at my usual seat as I walk in the door.

if I ever receive crappy or rude service, I tip little to nothing, and I never go there again under any circumstances.

I also tip everyone.....I think it comes with working in the business you think about how they would like to be treated.

You know...its interesting I have one day a week where I am the closing driver for a pizza place....we stop delivering at 1:00 am.....there is NOBODY delivering as late as me on Saturday nights.

The only other way to get food during my last 2 hours is to drive to get it....and that is when my WORST tippers are.....it just doesnt register to them that if your ordering pizza and are too lazy to drive to dennys to eat...that you should tip your driver.

No

Gug only left 25 cents the other day when we had lunch.

I tipped him less than 20%, but more than 15%. I didn't think he was very good.

Chinese Buffets ... not a dime. Ever.

I also tip everyone.....I think it comes with working in the business you think about how they would like to be treated.

You know...its interesting I have one day a week where I am the closing driver for a pizza place....we stop delivering at 1:00 am.....there is NOBODY delivering as late as me on Saturday nights.

The only other way to get food during my last 2 hours is to drive to get it....and that is when my WORST tippers are.....it just doesnt register to them that if your ordering pizza and are too lazy to drive to dennys to eat...that you should tip your driver.

Does your pizza place already charge for delivery? If so, then it inserts some ambiguity into whether you should tip or not for delivery.

Does your pizza place already charge for delivery? If so, then it inserts some ambiguity into whether you should tip or not for delivery.

It's just a way for the company to reach into the customer's pocket at the expense of the driver.

How about when you call your order into the Chinese joint, and then go in and pick up the food? What kind of tip you think that entails?

None, though I do it anyway at my favorite chinese place and it shows in the speed and quality of my food. Not exactly altruistic but it spends.

Do I tip at Subway or Starbucks? If they're attitude warrants it, which is rare. Again I worked fast food 3 years in high school and kept a great attitude. No sympathy for less. Customer Service isn't for everyone.

Edited by SmokinES3

Having been raised in a culture that doesn't tip, I find tipping quite alien. I don't understand why prices are not simply put up, the staff paid a reasonable wage, and fired if they do not perform well? No tips required.....system works without having extraneous social pressures adding to a basic commerce situation.

Having been raised in a culture that doesn't tip, I find tipping quite alien. I don't understand why prices are not simply put up, the staff paid a reasonable wage, and fired if they do not perform well? No tips required.....system works without having extraneous social pressures adding to a basic commerce situation.

This has been happening across the U.S. One new restaurant in my town does not allow tipping.

the average consumer wouldn't know the driver doesn't get any of that money, i would assume a delivery charge goes to the driver and may forego a tip in that case...

Yes they charge.....

The delivery guy does not get that money