Tipping etiquette

The Poojer

Same here!

But after reading these threads... AND if I use my card (debit/credit), NOW I usually see if there is a tip area... I will tend to go a little higher than 15% (20% on sit down) by adding the odd cents to make the final bill even.

That's funny. I feel like this thread has had the same subconscious effect on me; feel like I am tipping better too.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's funny. I feel like this thread has had the same subconscious effect on me; feel like I am tipping better too.

LoL. I have my "tip advisor" with me on many an occasion... My 16 year old son. He tells me: "Tip the wait staff 20%, don't be cheap." LMAO... We are raising a good liberal, he's already great @ spending other people's money!

Sorry.. I couldn't resist for taking this slightly PPP... But none the less funny as hell! Man what has my WIFE taught that young dude. She is in big trouble!! ;-) ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I look at it as me not taking up 'saleable real estate '. I am getting a beer and going leaving a seat for customers that are staying and getting continuous service

If you buy a beer at a bar, you tip, regardless of whether you're going to drink it there, no?

Agree Fully with Dibs.

Here in Brazil, Tips are 10% and included on the final bill. If you didnt like the service, you can refuse.

I dont see the need to pay 20%. 10% is just about right IMO. We went to Chef Mickey last week and the bill was 300$. We were in 9 people ( 3 kids ) and 6 adults. It was a buffet breakfast bar with the waiter only serving juice and coffee. Disney said we had to pay 18% cuz we were more than 6. 35$ per adult and the kids were charged 17$. 49$ went to a tip. WAY TOO EFFIN MUCH for this kind of service especially to someone who doesnt need a degree to do the job.

Its a B word, and I always tip, but we all make decisions in what we want to do in life. Most waiters dont have an education.

Like my LIFE IS GOOD T-shirt says. DO WHAT YOU LIKE, LIKE WHAT YOU DO! If you dont like cheap phocks like me, change jobs!