Anybody hear John Clayton's comments this morning?

eball

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IDK guys. we may have more big name players like CJ Spiller and Mario Williams, but the Pats get no-name guys like Shane Vereen or the little white dude from a few years ago to out perform our guys.

They cut a guy like Spikes and he is out best FA signing.

I think our roster is better than theres on a Madden video game but not likely in real life. If we switched coaches maybe, but...

To be fair, Danny Woodhead has also been pretty good for the Chargers.

Also, they didn't cut Spikes. There was some tension between him and the organization, culminating in Spikes getting put on IR before the playoffs because he was late to practice.

I have been listening to Clayton for years giving interviews like this one, to local sports talk radio shows. For the record,he pretty much blows smoke up the collective asses of the market he is broadcasting. He always spins positive on the Bills on GR...but he will paint a different picture on national shows. Don't hate the guy at all, but take his football opinions with a huge grain of salt.

Clayton's stating the obvious. The sal cap has evened the playing field such that what separates the best teams from the alsorans are coaching and QB play. The Pats happen to have the best at both spots .... thus they have been dominant during this time.

IDK guys. we may have more big name players like CJ Spiller and Mario Williams, but the Pats get no-name guys like Shane Vereen or the little white dude from a few years ago to out perform our guys.

They cut a guy like Spikes and he is out best FA signing.

I think our roster is better than theres on a Madden video game but not likely in real life. If we switched coaches maybe, but...

They've cut a lot of good players. Milloy, Welker to name a few. Crazy arrogance in that organization. That's why I love watching them choke every year. I love the close ups of Bill and Kraft's smug faces when they realize they arent good enough anymore. I think they had a recent 5 year streak of not winning a playoff game even with home field advantage and a HOF qb in his prime, but nobody noticed.

They've cut a lot of good players. Milloy, Welker to name a few. Crazy arrogance in that organization. That's why I love watching them choke every year. I love the close ups of Bill and Kraft's smug faces when they realize they arent good enough anymore. I think they had a recent 5 year streak of not winning a playoff game even with home field advantage and a HOF qb in his prime, but nobody noticed.

I like those shots too. I like seeing Brady pout like a girl too.

The fellas at NFL Network have been saying this for a while--that The Bills have 21 starters that are as good or better than the Patriots'* but the 22nd will make all the difference.

Don't forget long snapper, we hold a distinct advantage there too.

The graphic that got me was during the Pittsburgh game a couple of weeks ago. It listed all of Buffalo's first-round picks. Not just the ones that Buffalo has picked (Dareus, McKelvin, Spiller, etc.), but all the first-rounders that they've picked up in Free Agency. People like Williams and Williams and Rivers and Hughes and Lawson. I mean, the list just went on and on and on. I never really realized how many top-round picks were on this roster. And eventually the light bulb HAS to go on and the team has to gel. I mean...right? I have to say...it REALLY left a bad taste in my mouth.

You have to look fast to see Bill's.................................he usually runs off the field as fast as he can.

I saw a tweet from Sal Cappacio this morning that Clayton apparently said the Bills (and I'm paraphrasing) "have just as many good players as the Pats* and will compete for a WC if EJ progresses."

It is a fair and accurate statement. This is why a lot of our woes and concern is focused on EJ. There was a post a month or so ago that dealt with how far we would go with a a top 5 QB. Great QB play solves a ton of our problems. It also puts an enormous bulls-eye on the back of EJ from not only the fans, but Brandon, Whaley and his teammates.

Edited by Reed83HOF