Turmoil brewing between Marrone and Whaley?

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1h

Marrone was clearly upset about something. Had some choice language reporters could hear from sideline. Whaley threw up arms in response.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1h

Marrone, Whaley, and Brandon having an animated conversation as Palmer, Manuel, Tuel warm up.

I'm wondering why these two are very upset at each other?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1h

Marrone was clearly upset about something. Had some choice language reporters could hear from sideline. Whaley threw up arms in response.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1h

Marrone, Whaley, and Brandon having an animated conversation as Palmer, Manuel, Tuel warm up.

I'm wondering why these two are very upset at each other?

FYI: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/170091-dare-we-play-caption-this/

It's been reported EJ was Buddy's pick, his sort of swan song in that he wanted to get the BILLS a QB before he stepped down...I'm wondering now if Whaley truly feels saddled with this guy and essentially went all in on EJ hoping to manufacture confidence in the kid so he would perform better and now, feeling like the house of cards is falling down, he's panicking a bit and knows that EJ will make or break this season for the entire team...just a thought

It's been reported EJ was Buddy's pick, his sort of swan song in that he wanted to get the BILLS a QB before he stepped down...I'm wondering now if Whaley truly feels saddled with this guy and essentially went all in on EJ hoping to manufacture confidence in the kid so he would perform better and now, feeling like the house of cards is falling down, he's panicking a bit and knows that EJ will make or break this season for the entire team...just a thought

I think the kid is gonna come through for us......

I don't believe EJ was Buddy's pick. At all. It was pretty clear during HC interviews in late 2012/early 2013 that Nix was being pushed aside and the transition had began given Nix's comments about Marrone. No way would any pro organization allow the outgoing GM to pick the player who would most affect the future GM's performance.

All the reports and inside information I have read said Whaley picked EJ. Buddy picking EJ would be nonsense.

Whaley was the passenger in Alan Branch's car that fateful evening.

True story? That would be interesting

That's what this report says.

http://tinyurl.com/52ppc

Edited by FireChan

I don't believe EJ was Buddy's pick. At all. It was pretty clear during HC interviews in late 2012/early 2013 that Nix was being pushed aside and the transition had began given Nix's comments about Marrone. No way would any pro organization allow the outgoing GM to pick the player who would most affect the future GM's performance.

All the reports and inside information I have read said Whaley picked EJ. Buddy picking EJ would be nonsense.

Buddy by his own admission stated just after the Draft that he did not want to leave the team bereft of QB talent and he made it a point to make sure a QB was Drafted before he stepped down and became an "advisor"...I'm certainly not suggesting that Buddy had to push the pick on DW, I'm merely suggesting there may be some other aspects of the evaluation and choice process that we're not all privy to and that Buddy had a greater influence than is making it out to the general public....just a thought about "how much" Buddy had a say and what DW might be dealing with as a result....just curious, no reason for anyone to get their panties all twisted, just throwing an idea out there

More likely Marrone is yelling at Whaley for not getting him some decent OG's, or Whaley is yelling at Marrone for not coaching-up the guys he has.

Why couldn't they both have wanted him?