Marrone open to bringing in another viable QB.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's really disappointing is Thad Lewis last year looked like he could be a pretty compettent backup. Can't think they thought he might regress. Could have still used another QB though, given Tuel/Dixon.

Edited by BlueFire

Marrone in my honest opinion is an idiot. I mean there should've been a viable veteran backup there since the day he took over the team or at least drafted EJ. Instead we he put all of his eggs into the Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis basket? that's just ignorance and arrogance at its finest.

I would put money on it that Sancheese is a Ram really quick. I don't see them as back-up QB competition. I'd be fine with taking Ponder off the Vikes hands, but Kyle Orton would be the ideal available man for the job

What's really disappointing is Thad Lewis last year looked like he could be a pretty compettent backup. Can't think they thought he might regress. Could have still used another QB though, given Tuel/Dixon.

Interesting point and I agree. I cant help but to wonder if it is our coaching staff that is ruining all of these QB's. They all seem to have regressed. Maybe the players are fine, but they are being ruined by bad coaching ?

I've been getting a lot of flack from my group of friends who are Bills fans for saying that I wish that the Bills had Fitzpatrick right about now. Now before everyone starts to go off about how he sucks or that he was the worst thing to happen to Buffalo, think about this... He had consecutive seasons with 3,000 or more yards. Sure, he threw A LOT of interceptions but he took chances. I guess what I'm trying to say is "You don't know what you got till it's gone."

Bears are going to cut Palmer. Trentative Edwards is the 4th QB on the Raiders roster. Signing someone retired/unemployed doesn't really improve anything. They did that last year. There will be some guys cut by Tuesday and then more on Aug 30th. Maybe someone better than what we have will be available. Just have to wait and see

He should be open to it.

Last year, just a few games into the season, the season was over because we didn't have a decent backup (Tuel playing).

It's difficult to comprehend that he and management put us into that position again. Honestly, I'm surprised a bit with Lewis, I thought he was a decent backup last year. I have no idea what happened.

Marrone in my honest opinion is an idiot. I mean there should've been a viable veteran backup there since the day he took over the team or at least drafted EJ. Instead we he put all of his eggs into the Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis basket? that's just ignorance and arrogance at its finest.

I don't think it was a concern of his as EJ is/was the man in his eyes. I think they put all their eggs in EJs basket, and have been utterly shocked at how bad he has been, hence his comments about a QB.

I have to believe Marrone is smart enough to know that if EJ fails he gets fired so he is going to do what he needs to do in order to keep his job. If that means replacing EJ, so be it. We shall see!

Edited by old school

I would sooner try the best QB in the CFL, than bring in Ponder, Fitz, Sanchez, Orton, or any other of these waste bin clowns.

There is no point to this hand wringing. No QB is available that will play significantly better than EJM. The Bills would go nowhere with any of them.

It's EJM, sink or swim...

Edited by HoF Watkins