Goodwin's tweet about fans booing

Kevin

I haven't seen you make personal attacks. I don't see why anyone else should resort to those means, especially when it is unprovoked.

Talking about me and bringing me up as an example without saying my name and acting like I'm not reading him talk about what I've said to other posters is disrespectful. Idk how you do things in Chicago, but where I'm from, you don't talk gossip about a person, you tell HIM directly how you feel.

The only thing I could of done differently is have the exact same conversation with NoSaint in private message so that way "bandwagon" people as Goodwin said wouldn't be able to add their 2 cents. But I wouldn't change anything I said.

if you think im coming at you on a personal level, my apologies.... i didnt think you meant him a literal murderer, but that you think its a HUGE escalation on goodwins part simply doesnt make sense to me. you said that he insulted millions of people personally, and then when i said i didnt get you taking it personal you went off on me about how you dont care because of all kinds of stuff in your life. when i asked if sammy wouldve played, if our playcalling wouldve been like that, or if that was even our actual starting o line, and you called me a know it all... ill leave it be, as i dont like getting personal with people. if i offended, sorry.

its a preseason game. its a glorified practice session. when it comes down to it, they are booing an undefeated team that may or may not play like we saw saturday. goodwin was frustrated that it looks like they will have to win over the crowd instead of having to lose them. i kind of agree with that sentiment. its a 2nd year coach, a second year qb, a second year gm, a second year CEO, and we dont have any owner.... so the guys getting booed generally havent had much time to lose the benefit of the doubt of atleast getting to the regular season before the crowds outright turn hostile over a bad practice game. on the field saturday there were very few that have long term responsibility over the 14 years.

The situation at hand has nothing to do with personal shots. You SAY you get why the fans boo'ed but that's exactly where the problem lies. You DONT get it. You SAY you get why Goodwin tweeted what he did and THAT'S where the problem lies. I DONT get how you could think that it's not extreme on his part.

It's a simple disagreement. But then you want to chime in and bring up my example of shoving a person and call my opinion extreme. So I call you a know it all. Where's the problem?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about me and bringing me up as an example without saying my name and acting like I'm not reading him talk about what I've said to other posters is disrespectful. Idk how you do things in Chicago, but where I'm from, you don't talk gossip about a person, you tell HIM directly how you feel.

The only thing I could of done differently is have the exact same conversation with NoSaint in private message so that way "bandwagon" people as Goodwin said wouldn't be able to add their 2 cents. But I wouldn't change anything I said.

The situation at hand has nothing to do with personal shots. You SAY you get why the fans boo'ed but that's exactly where the problem lies. You DONT get it. You SAY you get why Goodwin tweeted what he did and THAT'S where the problem lies. I DONT get how you could think that it's not extreme on his part.

It's a simple disagreement. But then you want to chime in and bring up my example of shoving a person and call my opinion extreme. So I call you a know it all. Where's the problem?

i vote lets leave it at that between us, and ill be glad to hash it out via PM if you think ive done you wrong.

Ouch....

CBF

Exactly! This is the 1st time you're apparently hearing of his tweets and your reaction was Ouch which is how a lot of fans felt and took it to another level and let Goodwin have it on twitter.

I'm not one of those fans but I agree and actually LOVE how the fans retaliated on twitter. You don't just get to question fans loyalty cuz your offense got boo'ed. Did they boo Goodwin when he ran the kickoff and got hit hard? No. On the contrary I bet those people who were boo'ing were praying that he wasn't hurt. But he wants to question where people's loyalty is at.

i vote lets leave it at that between us, and ill be glad to hash it out via PM if you think ive done you wrong.

No its fine. The PM thing could of been done before. Now it would just be silly. I'm fine with you and your posts and voiced my opinion on a subject we couldn't agree on. At the end of the day we're Bills brothers. I come from an area where there are nothing but Jets and Giants fans around me so Bills fans are the closest thing to a family that I have. Family have disagreements and if I took it personal when you WEREN'T taking a personal shot then I apologize.

MARQUISE GOODWIN @flashgoodwin · Aug 23

Looks like we will have to play against our own "fans" this year. Same ones booing prolly the first in line for autographs. Smh #FEWDM

after getting lit up and retweeting some of the good/bad he put up:

I appreciate the real fans out there! #BillsMafia

i will say, i thought there was one other alluding to some of those booing now being bandwagon fans later but that one seems to be gone.

Bills bandwagon.....later?? He was "prolly" high when he tweeted that.

No its fine. The PM thing could of been done before. Now it would just be silly. I'm fine with you and your posts and voiced my opinion on a subject we couldn't agree on. At the end of the day we're Bills brothers. I come from an area where there are nothing but Jets and Giants fans around me so Bills fans are the closest thing to a family that I have. Family have disagreements and if I took it personal when you WEREN'T taking a personal shot then I apologize.

cheers.... you crazy #($#%*^#.

:)

@mikerodak: Marquise Goodwin told me he tweeted in the "heat of the moment" after Saturday's game criticizing fans booing. Regrets tweeting what he did.

I'm sure he does. He was frustrated from the offense sucking, getting taken to the locker room and lashed out. It happens.

Looks like we will have to play against our own "fans" this year. Same ones booing prolly the first in line for autographs. Smh #FEWDM

after getting lit up and retweeting some of the good/bad he put up:

I appreciate the real fans out there! #BillsMafia

i will say, i thought there was one other alluding to some of those booing now being bandwagon fans later but that one seems to be gone.

I think we've come to expect one of the Bills dimmer bulbs to respond like that to booing. Example: Donte. That doesn't bother me. The reaction of some submissive fans on here is much more concerning. It's a product. The options for voicing your displeasure directly to the perpetrators of poor performance are to boo or stop buying tix and going to games. The latter would just hurt us as fans. The failures that have sported the Bills gear for the past 14 years are just passing thru, getting too worked up about their feelings is pointless. I'm not saying start MF'ing them or chuck double A's at them when they are in the tunnel but being shamed with some booing is a relatively small price to pay in exchange for being given so much and producing so little.

I will say that it was a little concerning that he made that comment after the Bills made each of the players come out of the tunnel and sign an autograph for kids lined up at midfield at the before the game. If I was trying to get in game mode I wouldn't particularly like that either. That is usually a time to get hyped. I've never seen the team do that before and I wonder if that forced action irked certain players who were looking forward to a boisterous introduction that never happened. But he obviously has zero respect for autograph seekers if he assumed that they would be the first to boo. I'd think it would be quite the opposite but autograph hounds should take note. A lot of players really dislike it and that leads to negative feelings/stereotypes about those type of fans.

I was at the game. It was one of the worst hands of football I've ever seen. It was awful. Beautiful weather but for a guy trying bro get his girlfriend into football, terrible.

And personally, I think booing is super corny. The idea of booing a grown man because you don't like how they are playing a sport is kinda strange to me. I live by the motto of not saying or doing anything you won't do to a person face to face. I think the world would be better off if more people lived like this.

That said, if fans are being civil, they can boo. It was terrible. I won't and think the people who do it probably could be booed at their jobs. But it's their right. And it's Goodwin's right to not like it. Too many fans want to be bigger than their role. They act like they are on the team. They talk crap on twitter.

Again, I won't boo but it's fairly harmless. But to the losers who take personal shots on twitter, eff them. You make Bils fans look bad.

Too many fans want to be bigger than their role. They act like they are on the team. They talk crap on twitter.

I agree with a lot of what you said. According to Boobbie Dixon's quotes after the game, he was mad that the fans weren't louder and that we are a big part of the team....

Not sure if you saw that, but wanted to bring that up :beer:

http://www.wgr550.com/Bills-s-Goodwin-surprised-his-tweet-got-so-much-pl/19763435

"I have a big admiration for the fans of Buffalo, great fan base and they’re real supportive, but they can be harsh at times.” Goodwin added"

"Goodwin said, “I wasn’t expecting that at all, to be that severe. Some of the comments that were made about me, ‘Glass Goodwin, he gets hurt all the time,’ I didn’t really take any offense to it because personally, it's true and sometimes the truth hurts.”

http://www.wgr550.co...uch-pl/19763435

"I have a big admiration for the fans of Buffalo, great fan base and they’re real supportive, but they can be harsh at times.” Goodwin added"

"Goodwin said, “I wasn’t expecting that at all, to be that severe. Some of the comments that were made about me, ‘Glass Goodwin, he gets hurt all the time,’ I didn’t really take any offense to it because personally, it's true and sometimes the truth hurts.”

I did feel bad seeing what some of them said. No one deserves to be piled on like that.

so we had ourselves a blowup... it happens sometimes but it doesn't mean you have to be "done" with the guy

Let's move on and cheer for him to make the team and do well!

If anything maybe the tweet is reflective of the frustration and intense pressure these guys are feeling from inside the team. Marrone is not a guy to sugarcoat things and play nice.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Seems like Goodwin has tried to apologize. He is young man, if you are fan of the team forgive him, move on, and root for him to win.

I fail to see how being a fan means you need to forgive him at all. Completely false logic. I can be a Bills fan and dislike the kid. I don't particularly dislike him, but don't qualify other people's fandom for them.

I fail to see how being a fan means you need to forgive him at all. Completely false logic. I can be a Bills fan and dislike the kid. I don't particularly dislike him, but don't qualify other people's fandom for them.

You dislike because he called out some fans? Fans need to get over themselves.