A boo worthy performance

HOUSE

What happened to he just has to throw it deep and our WRs will go up and get it?

And, we have nothing but speed, teams will have to play their safeties deep... really?

Spiller breaks one run and barely gets 2yd per carry for the majority of his carries.

I'm sorry but Fred looks beat.

Hogan does nothing for me, nit sure why he gets so much coach-love.

Moorman boots one, shanks one, and is average with his other two. Time to call it a career. We need the young Moorman to bail out this offense.

Hackett's hurry up offense is a joke. Hackett should be the first cut on Tuesday.

D-Line and LBs are solid the rest of this team is a mess.

What happened to he just has to throw it deep and our WRs will go up and get it?

And, we have nothing but speed, teams will have to play their safeties deep... really?

Spiller breaks one run and barely gets 2yd per carry for the majority of his carries.

I'm sorry but Fred looks beat.

Hogan does nothing for me, nit sure why he gets so much coach-love.

Moorman boots one, shanks one, and is average with his other two. Time to call it a career. We need the young Moorman to bail out this offense.

Hackett's hurry up offense is a joke. Hackett should be the first cut on Tuesday.

D-Line and LBs are solid the rest of this team is a mess.

1) Do you understand the principles of the Tampa two defense that guard against the deep ball?

2) Sammy and Goodwin are the primary deep threats. One didn't play and the other got hurt (again!)

3) Spiller needs better blocking from the line

4) Fred will be fine, but needs better blocking too.

5) Agree on Hogan.

6) Agree on Moorman.

7) Won't judge Hackett until the regular season.

8) Too soon to tell for the D as well. Looks promising though.

It sounded like a horrible game but I went back and watched it and I think we are over reacting. Manual wasn't "horrible". It's not his fault the receiver falls down and the other one fumbles. Or when the refs call penalties that aren't there. He was 19-28 for 200 yards. He had some nice throws. The improvement in his game is just coming very slowly. The D had some back luck as well.

Granted, his awful play was when he held the ball and fumbled it. It is worrisome that he gets off to slow starts and that the O-line is inconsistent. I worry our defensive backs aren't going to adjust to the new rules and that Gilmore seems to be regressing. But it is not beyond hope. We are the same team as 3/4 of the league - an average team hoping to win a few close ones and win 9 or 10 games. Past history is we'll lose a few close games and end up with 6 or 7 wins.

It sounded like a horrible game but I went back and watched it and I think we are over reacting. Manual wasn't "horrible". It's not his fault the receiver falls down and the other one fumbles. Or when the refs call penalties that aren't there. He was 19-28 for 200 yards. He had some nice throws. The improvement in his game is just coming very slowly. The D had some back luck as well.

Granted, his awful play was when he held the ball and fumbled it. It is worrisome that he gets off to slow starts and that the O-line is inconsistent. I worry our defensive backs aren't going to adjust to the new rules and that Gilmore seems to be regressing. But it is not beyond hope. We are the same team as 3/4 of the league - an average team hoping to win a few close ones and win 9 or 10 games. Past history is we'll lose a few close games and end up with 6 or 7 wins.

You do realize EJ was 9-18 for 67 yards against the first team TB defense, correct? He was 10-10 for 131 yards and 1 TD against second stringers and guys who'll be cut.

After 5 off-seasons of rebuilding (since Nix took over) they're still only a 6-7 win team? How long should a fan wait to see this team actually win those 9 or 10 games that "3/4 of the league" is trying to win?

You do realize EJ was 9-18 for 67 yards against the first team TB defense, correct? He was 10-10 for 131 yards and 1 TD against second stringers and guys who'll be cut.

After 5 off-seasons of rebuilding (since Nix took over) they're still only a 6-7 win team? How long should a fan wait to see this team actually win those 9 or 10 games that "3/4 of the league" is trying to win?

Cleveland is going to have an amazing first round in next year's draft....

He was plain awful...serious accuracy issues, his play action fools no one along with that half hearted fake pass thing he does. On that TD drive he had against the bucs second string there was a play where he could of thrown it away as he was outside the tackles. He would of had to throw across his body to do so but he elected to run to the sideline and losing yards. This kid doesnt get it.

Yeah just like in college ... thanks obama, er I mean Nix.

I love reading these posts after a Bill's loss (too frequently, by the way); I pick up a ton of excuses that I can use in other situations. I just adapt them a bit. I like to think of these next day threads and replies as Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda stuff.

Didn't want to start another individual thread on what went wrong yesterday, but it seems pretty obvious to me that without the 3 turnovers (only one of which was EJ's fault) and penalties, yesterday's game would have looked completely different. Sometime those things pile up in a single game, I'm glad they recovered in the second half, and hope they come out on fire when it counts against the Bears.

Its pre-season! The entire O looked horrible in the first half which seemed to be helped by some terrible officiating. Another thing that had effects on both teams was the field. Why was everyone slipping??!

2nd half was fun to watch. First string O against Tamps whatever stringers was really nice. I enjoyed it.

So happy REAL foozball starts soon.

One more tryout game for some!

Oh N good bye Branch, hello Landen!

loudly serenading EJ Manuel and the offense with boos into halftime of a 27-14 loss to the Tampa Bay

"EJ Manuel and the offense"?

I wasn't at the game but I was booing lustily in spirit. And EJ and the offense was only part of it. It was the whole thing. The putrid performance by the offensive line, a group our HC has been working with a lot this TC by reports I've seen. CJ's fumble. The D giving up long drive and 17 points. The holding penalties. Passes that should have been caught but weren't.

The coach we passed over because Coach Marrone was so much better wiping the field with Coach Marrone's team. A team with a worse record than us last year with a first year HC coach. First game in the new stadium, a sellout, with high expectations based on better talent, only to have the team lay a huge egg on the 50 yard line. Everything. It was all bad. They deserved to be booed. If they don't like it, fix it.

Edited by reddogblitz

Its pre-season! The entire O looked horrible in the first half which seemed to be helped by some terrible officiating. Another thing that had effects on both teams was the field. Why was everyone slipping??!

2nd half was fun to watch. First string O against Tamps whatever stringers was really nice. I enjoyed it.

So happy REAL foozball starts soon.

One more tryout game for some!

Oh N good bye Branch, hello Landen!

Ah yes the Bills long string of successful seasons points to these performances as not mattering because historically we release the Kracken once the regular season starts...