Top 3 Concerns

1. Will the Bills Stay in Buffalo...looks good so far but can't count our chickens

2. Who will replace Marrone and will the new owner be in place before the completely inevitable firing around week 4-6?

3. Will EJ Manuel be beyond repair and other viable players like Hughes want to leave thanks to Marrone?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 3 main concerns

1 - People over reacting to the preseason.

2 - The bandwagon is wobbly from everyone jumping off.

3 - the Steel reinforced bars are very expensive to keep those who have jumped off, off permanently.

4 - For good measure, my Kool-aid is the wrong flavor.

Here's mine:

- Injury Risk: we just don't have a lot if depth in some key areas and always seem to get the bug

- Secondary: with loss of Byrd and Gilmore not stepping up, this is defense's weakest unit

- Red Zone Offense: yards won't translate into victories if we can't score TDs in red zone. I like Chandler but just think he's too easily pushed around in red zone, doesn't get position like an NBA power forward. And our running game can't pound it in consistently enough

EJ

Stopping the opposing passing game

depth at DE

IMO it was foolish and out of touch to try to build a D to stop the run at the expense of coverage skills. The NFL is simply not going to allow this league to go back to smashmouth and teams with a decent QB would be foolish to run the ball the way penalties are being called in pass coverage.

People consider EJM's backup to be one of the top 3 concerns for this team? Not the linebackers, not the O-line, not the coaching, not Safety, not depth at ANY other position?

EJ did miss 6 games last year due to injury. My top 3 are QB, Bills offense converting 3rd downs, Bills defense stopping 3rd downs.

EJ

Stopping the opposing passing game

depth at DE

IMO it was foolish and out of touch to try to build a D to stop the run at the expense of coverage skills. The NFL is simply not going to allow this league to go back to smashmouth and teams with a decent QB would be foolish to run the ball the way penalties are being called in pass coverage.

Yet it's extremely easier to pass defend a 3rd and 7 or a 2nd and 8 than a 3rd and 3 or 2nd and 5, which is what we had to do a lot last year.

My top 3:

- no madden football Sunday ticket promotion

- beer gives me gas so I may have to switch to wine instead of labbatt blue for games

But my number 1 concern:

- I don't think this board will collectively EVER understand we have no clue what the team is going to look like until they play a game that matters.

Nothing ever gets answered in preseason. Nothing. Reapeat not one effing thing, save the final 53. Teams have looked amazing in preseason then sucked in the reg season and vice versa.

Flatulence is no excuse for eschewing Beer!

In fact it may be a reason to imbibe.

:beer:

My top 3:

1.QB depth- (Palmer included) EJ stay healthy please.

2. Offensive Guard- not worried about tackles or center at all. Just the guards and both of them. This includes Chris Williams, I'm concerned with him because of his track record and his lack of action in training camp.

3. DE depth- major concern because we only have 1 real DE.

Edited by SJDK

on that note, concern #7: sitting next to you at a game :huh:

Never poop where you eat, I save them for crop dustings.

Unless the flatulence includes a slippery uninvited friend :sick:

Like EJ throwing a fly pattern you can't be afraid of stray one you just got to air it out sometimes.

My top 3:

1.QB depth- (Palmer included) EJ stay healthy please.

2. Offensive Guard- not worried about tackles or center at all. Just the guards and both of them. This includes Chris Williams, I'm concerned with him because of his track record and his lack of action in training camp.

3. DE depth- major concern because we only have 1 real DE.

funny that Mark Anderson is still a FA and counting against our dead money. Why did just not us but the whole league sour on him? Was his injury that bad? Or is he no longer interested in playing?