Bills To Wear Throwbacks Against Dolphins At Home Opener

Aren't they 0'fer in the throwbacks?

No, but I think they do have a losing record overall in them.

EDIT: Here's a good one from 2008, when the Bills beat the Raiders at home on a last-second FG to improve to 3-0 on the season. Before the collapse.

Edited by Rubes

No, but I think they do have a losing record overall in them.

I knew that much. Just thought whenever they announced the throwbacks for a game it was usually a loss. Now that I think of it, didn't they wear the throwback for their 50th all season?

I'm betting that Reed and Kelly will be announced at halftime to talk about Ralph Wilson. The Ralph is gonna go nutz if that happens which is why I'm purchasing my tickets tonight!

And what a game that was.

I was there for that one. Definitely one of the best games I've been to.

Me too, although I like it more when both teams wear throwbacks.

It would be hard to tell with the Dolphins. Even the change to the dolphin on their helmets is just a minor tweak. In any event, more than the uniform, it's the standing buffalo that is the real throwback for the Bills. I love it because that was on their helmets when I went to the Rockpile to watch the Bills as a kid all those many many years ago (and it was on their helmets when they won their two championships in '64 and '65). I recognize that other people's mileage may vary.

They should wear the 1990 Buffalo Bills uni with the starter from back thens jersey. I'd poo my pants if I saw EJ wear a Jim Kelly #12 and hand it off to CJ in a Thurman Thomas jersey

Alot of us would soil our undies if that ever happened... -For varying reasons of course.

I think the 90's are the way forward when it comes to throwbacks. The first time we wear them, we'll destroy whoever we're playing... Then the fans will want more, and we'll probably get it.

is there a blue throw back? The only blues I remember were the 80's-90's uniform.

post-1532-14085766837987_thumb.jpg

Alot of us would soil our undies if that ever happened... -For varying reasons of course.

I think the 90's are the way forward when it comes to throwbacks. The first time we wear them, we'll destroy whoever we're playing... Then the fans will want more, and we'll probably get it.

It's difficult to pull off the 90s jersey with the red helmet because the league requires the players use the same helmet all year. As our unis are now, it is doable because both the current unis and the throwbacks are white based helmets.

I LOVE the blue pants. Always hated the all-white as well as the all-navy from the dark years.

Yeah, the blue pants rule. Keep 'em.

Now if they ever decide to wear blue jerseys and blue pants together, ehhhh, that could be an eyesore.

Yeah, the blue pants rule. Keep 'em.

Now if they ever decide to wear blue jerseys and blue pants together, ehhhh, that could be an eyesore.

Yeah, I like the blue pants too. I still have a pic of Greg Bell on some magazine cover wearing the blue pants among all my Bills

memorabilia.

I know the Bills can't wear Jerseys of former players for the game obviously, but, what if they came out in warmups with EJ wearing a Kelly 12, Sammy wearing a Reed 83, CJ wearing a Thurman 34, Mario wearing a Bruce 78, The Beard wearing a Lofton 80, Wood wearing a Hull 67, Chandler wearing a Metz 88, Spikes wearing a Conlan 58 and so on, just to Honor the early 90 teams and an honor to the Ralph legacy?

I know it sounds kinda stupid but with Reed getting in the Hall and most of the above mentioned, in the Hall, it would be a cool sight.

Also, would they be wearing the black high tops with the throwbacks. That is a pretty cool look, IMO.

Edited by flomoe

I know the Bills can't wear Jerseys of former players for the game obviously, but, what if they came out in warmups with EJ wearing a Kelly 12, Sammy wearing a Reed 83, CJ wearing a Thurman 34,

Question already answered: at least 2 posters would soil themselves.

I was at a bar in Sugarhouse...

The only Bills fan there lol

Cool, that's where I live. Which bar?

I was actually at that game. Man, that was a great time. I can hardly recall what it felt like to be 3-0...

I know the Bills can't wear Jerseys of former players for the game obviously, but, what if they came out in warmups with EJ wearing a Kelly 12, Sammy wearing a Reed 83, CJ wearing a Thurman 34, Mario wearing a Bruce 78, The Beard wearing a Lofton 80, Wood wearing a Hull 67, Chandler wearing a Metz 88, Spikes wearing a Conlan 58 and so on, just to Honor the early 90 teams and an honor to the Ralph legacy?

I know it sounds kinda stupid but with Reed getting in the Hall and most of the above mentioned, in the Hall, it would be a cool sight.

Also, would they be wearing the black high tops with the throwbacks. That is a pretty cool look, IMO.

Sammy hasn't earned that right as a Bill to be the WR to wear the Reed jersey if that were to ever happen. Neither has Mike Williams. Woods would be my vote to be the one to wear it and honestly, Woods is kind of playing like Reed at the moment with the way he's breaking tackles and what not.

Cool, that's where I live. Which bar?

I was actually at that game. Man, that was a great time. I can hardly recall what it felt like to be 3-0...

I was at the one vs the Seahawks in week 1 that started it all. I can hardly recall what it felt like to be 1-0 ...

As far as the blue pants go, I'm not a fan. That blue is just too vibrant or something, not sure how to describe it. I always thought when they wore them in the Juice era there were a darker blue. I just don't like that shade of blue in the pants.