Ice Bucket - Get off my Lawn

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's "funny", granted it's only been about 2 hours, but the thread that nominated me has several likes and comments for my friend doing the challenge on video, but no likes or comments on my photo of my donation...

Maybe post that picture as a new post in your FB feed, instead of as a reply to the person that challenged you, will get more likes. I had to search to find it in order to "like" it.

Maybe I misunderstood the article, but:

It's never enough. One can't just donate to a charity now. You have to donate more. When does it stop? A percentage of my income?

Don't mean to sound like a dick, but no thanks. If/when I donate the money I earn, by working a job that I don't particularly care for, I'll donate it to a charity (or charities) of MY choosing. I won't say anything about it, and won't claim it on taxes.

What a dick.

no, my intention wasn't to be noticed by the masses, if i posted that separately then I am no better than the others....

Maybe post that picture as a new post in your FB feed, instead of as a reply to the person that challenged you, will get more likes. I had to search to find it in order to "like" it.

They are selling raffle tickets at work. The winners get to dump ice water on our boss. I bought tickets to donate to ALS but will not claim a winner.

I donate to help a deserving cause.

GIMMEE AN ' F '

LOL

Follow up.

I actually held a winning ticket. :wallbash:

The winners were supposed to be on a video, that will be circulated throughout the company and probably FB.

I gave the ticket to someone who really wanted to be part of "that".

I also verified 100% of the funds were going to ALS.

I'm conflicted with this trend.

A+ job by whichever organization had the foresight to capitalize on peoples' social media attention whoring, group think guilt complex and need to be recognized and thanked for giving a damn (or at least pretending).

A+ for raising serious money which will hopefully be spent wisely.

F for the people who didn't donate but still want a medal for "raising awareness" (my new least favorite term).

F for the self righteous guilt trips being dumped all over the place like ice water.

F for contributing to a culture whereby liking or retweeting is an acceptable substitute for actually doing something.

B+ for the blooper reels.

Should I "Like," retweet or "+1" this?