Stephon Gilmore

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the first game I thought that I don't know if he has what it takes. He is a long way from a "shutdown corner." It speaks volumes to me that teams are choosing to go right at him. Not only that they are succesful in doing so. I don't think he is Justin Rogers bad but he really has done nothing to impress in any of the 3 practices (oops games) so far.

McKelvin is a better corner than Gilmore at this point. McKelvin stays step by step with the receiver, just has trouble locating the ball, whereas Gilmore holds the receiver and THEN swats the ball.

Gilmore needs a lesson and should be demoted to #2 CB and let McKelvin take whatever team we're playing's #1 receiver.

After tonight's performance I think the whole teams confidence took a hit... 1st team o not being able to punch it in on 2 plays from about 5 yards out before the end of the first half, Cyrus struggled alotttt, Gilmore.... The long TD pass on a slant to a.brown (spikes gave up about 30 yards out from the endzone) and Marrone... I wonder exactly where his confidence sits with the choice heade for his offensive coordinator. I think his biggest mistakenly have been bringing Hackett in to be the oc.aybe he would have been better as the qb coach with a veteran oc to run the offense that could also mentor Hackett. The read option plays with ej never keeping the ball and the shotgun sweeps on 3rd and short absolutely kill me.. I know it's preseason and all, and the gameplan is vanilla but is the Same **** from last year.

He has played better than others who fans make excuses for. CB is tough these days.

This may be true, but he still played poorly. Getting toasted on a TD by Wheaton, a 3rd round pick last year, and then failing to even turn around to attempt to make a play on the ball (knock it away, etc). I think he looks lost out there. A #2 CB. Not a shudown corner.

Let's not over-exaggerate when it comes to Stephon, please. He'll be fine. His stats towards the end of last year were that of an elite caliber CB. If this continues in the regular season then we can worry. Two catches don't make you a bum.