Why Does Al Sharpton Need Police Officer's Name?

3rdnlng

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Incorrect. Once again, it amazes me that individuals with such an otherwise healthy mistrust of government have such a huge blinds spot when it comes to Law Enforcement.

The "robbery" in question took place early in the morning, and the officer was not "responding to it".

Nor was the victim treated as a suspect. He was told to stop walking in the street and get to the sidewalk.

So are you suggesting that the dead man did not perpetrate the robbery? The robbery happened at noon according to the store's video, the shooting at 2:15, no? That sure sounds like 'response' to me.

My anger isn't over an "epidemic".

My anger has much more to do with the appearance that the police are working to protect their own, rather than doing what they would do were the shooter anyone other than a police officer; and the para-military response to protests.

Of course the cops are going to protect themselves, just as the Sharpton crowd will lie, cheat and steal to make this the new Trayvon (which reminds me, couldn't anyone find a picture of this guy from six years ago?), and the media will say anything to amp up the crowd and keep people watching until the next shark attack or missing white girl story pops up. But I'll continue to have more skepticism for the criminals than the cops. Obviously you feel the opposite.

Bottom line, if the thug in the red hat from the store video is the one who got shot, I don't really give a sh-- about the details.

According to Michael Brown's companion, Wilson tried to force Brown into the cruiser. Without first handcuffing him? That right there makes his story suspect. Let's see whose story the forensics back up.

It's a shame some of the protesters had to burn and loot. Makes me question their sincerity.

So are you suggesting that the dead man did not perpetrate the robbery?

I'm suggesting the the officer in question was not responding to a robbery.

The robbery happened at noon according to the store's video, the shooting at 2:15, no? That sure sounds like 'response' to me.

No, that's you ignoring the meaning of words in order to make a poorly reasoned argument in favor of a police state.

Of course the cops are going to protect themselves, just as the Sharpton crowd will lie, cheat and steal to make this the new Trayvon (which reminds me, couldn't anyone find a picture of this guy from six years ago?), and the media will say anything to amp up the crowd and keep people watching until the next shark attack or missing white girl story pops up. But I'll continue to have more skepticism for the criminals than the cops. Obviously you feel the opposite.

The cops don't have, in any just society, the right to insulate themselves from the fallout of possible illegal actions. The fact that we trust them with the level of authority that we do only reaffirms that point. Police need to be held to a higher standard with a lower tolerance of, and harsher punishment for, abuse of any sort.

In a free society, private individuals have the right to rabble rouse, protest, and create whatever narrative they want. Likewise, in a free society, it is wise to be untrusting of government, especially in situations where it behooves agents of government to protect themselves from public scrutiny.

Bottom line, if the thug in the red hat from the store video is the one who got shot, I don't really give a sh-- about the details.

Right...

So you're unrepentant moron who longs for a distopian Judge Dredd society.

Got it.

no hat in the second pic, but sure looks like the same guy to me.

http://s1.ibtimes.co...ticeformike.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/bt...ING-OFFICER.JPG

It is him, as his associate said, SEVERAL DAYS AGO

I thought that I felt a great disturbance in "The Narrative"

This means the Brown case is now about the police use of force in arresting a robbery suspect and not merely about racial profiling or police harassment of African-Americans.

Exit question: How can the MSM ignore this video? A video that would have changed the entire narrative of the past three days.

Edited by B-Man

According to Michael Brown's companion, Wilson tried to force Brown into the cruiser. Without first handcuffing him? That right there makes his story suspect. Let's see whose story the forensics back up.

It's a shame some of the protesters had to burn and loot. Makes me question their sincerity.

I'd question the direct sincerity of their anger over a specific event, but not their sincerity over what that specific event symbolizes. The fact that they don't target their anger well speaks more to their education, intelligence, and culture; not to what caused their anger.

I'd question the direct sincerity of their anger over a specific event, but not their sincerity over what that specific event symbolizes. The fact that they don't target their anger well speaks more to their education, intelligence, and culture; not to what caused their anger.

What actually caused their anger? Was it misinformation? I guess we should let the evidence lead us to the truth.

I'm suggesting the the officer in question was not responding to a robbery.

Are you also still suggesting the robbery happened "early in the morning"? 11:51am is really the crack of dawn. So yeah, he was responding to the robbery; sounds like he came across the perp doing something else illegal.

No, that's you ignoring the meaning of words in order to make a poorly reasoned argument in favor of a police state.

No,, that's you intentionally misstating facts in a poor attempt to support your laughable tinfoil hat theory about a "police state" because one cop shot a criminal and now an overwhelmed small town police force is desperately trying to keep control of things.

Right...

So you're unrepentant moron who longs for a distopian Judge Dredd society.

Got it.

:lol:

Yes, that is my deep longing! You can't even come up with a decent movie to use for your laughable crusade.

Don't forget to eat something while you stay glued to 24x7 cable 'news' of this earth shattering event!

It is him, as his associate said, SEVERAL DAYS AGO

I thought that I felt a great disturbance in "The Narrative"

This means the Brown case is now about the police use of force in arresting a robbery suspect and not merely about racial profiling or police harassment of African-Americans.

Exit question: How can the MSM ignore this video? A video that would have changed the entire narrative of the past three days.

Robbery suspect who proceeded to resist arrest and assault a police officer!!

I know this wasn't directed at me, but my problem with these protests has nothing to do with trusting LEOs. If that cop shot this guy down intentionally, in cold blood, and because he was black I still don't think it justifies the level of national attention because we're being fed a bogus narrative: that racist cops gunning down black "children" is an epidemic.

I'd like to see some statistics to see just how frequently unarmed black "children" are gunned down by white cops. I'm guessing it's not a lot, and 1 outlier does not make an epidemic.

Do a ride along with an urban LEO and then get back to us. It's nice to think the world is roses and sunshine and cops don't discriminate against minorities, but it just isn't reality. It's a narrative white folks tell themselves to help them feel better about ignoring the actual reality of how police interact with minorities every single day in this country.

Do a ride along with an urban LEO and then get back to us. It's nice to think the world is roses and sunshine and cops don't discriminate against minorities, but it just isn't reality. It's a narrative white folks tell themselves to help them feel better about ignoring the actual reality of how police interact with minorities every single day in this country.

So in this case thenkid was asking for a police encounter...would you say the minorities bring it on themselves by acting like fools in public? Sure a small amount are bad arrests but I feel like those are the result of the bad ones being idiots

So in this case thenkid was asking for a police encounter...would you say the minorities bring it on themselves by acting like fools in public? Sure a small amount are bad arrests but I feel like those are the result of the bad ones being idiots

Way to justify it... This is why the large majority of white folk don't understand what's really happening on the streets of this country. Again, until you actually witness it first hand, you have no idea what you're talking about.

So in this case thenkid was asking for a police encounter...would you say the minorities fools bring it on themselves by acting like fools in public? Sure a small amount are bad arrests but I feel like those are the result of the bad ones being idiots

fixed'r fer ya, datll be a dolla two fitty. you'n pay Dorothy up intha front.

Way to justify it... This is why the large majority of white folk don't understand what's really happening on the streets of this country. Again, until you actually witness it first hand, you have no idea what you're talking about.

What is happening on the streets in this country exactly? You have witnessed it first hand, so I want to be learned and know. Teach me obie wand cannoli.

How else should cops react? I'm not a cop apologist here, but what you call discrimination, I call playing the odds. A white guy with two kids in the back seat is less likely to be carrying than a balck kid with his pants hanging down, tatted up, and a doo-rag on. Who do you search? Who do you suspect to be carrying? Who is more likely to be carrying? Who do you fear has a weapon more? Who do you fear is going to strike you more?

I don't doubt they go too far. In fact, I'm sure they do. But let's not act like the environment gives them no reason to be act how they do against minorities. I doubt every cop beats up a black kid because he "hates minorities."