If I could change 1 thing about E J

http://skoodsports.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/rgiiiwilbon1012a.jpg

Another QB who dominated with a visor during his rookie season in the NFL.

So... not doomed?

I think it's a pretty absurd assessment of a QB...so, no, not doomed, at all! Lol.

EJ Manuel has bigger issues than wearing a visor...let's worry about those.

You can say college is a different game, and that's true...but look at the NFL QB's on that list.

They had zero problem winning the job, winning over their teammates and/or getting the job done on the field.

I hope EJ Manuel, visor or no visor, can develop into half the QB that some of those guys are already.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Trent was here 1 very noticeable trait he had was demanding a coat on his shoulders for every time out. Before talking to the coach, or showing leadership he was focused on himself not the game. I hated this action. A real leader would not even think of the coat. JK showed toughness Trent showed he was a wimp.

EJ now wears a closed front helmet with visor. The spacing in the eye area is small with extra bars and then a visor added. His vision is restricted and most important in the huddle eye contact with his teammates is interfered with. Real winning QBs like Manning (2), Brady, Russell Wilson, Favre, Cutler, Roethlisberger want to see, be seen by teammates, and show emotion and strength in the huddle. Can you imagine JK chewing out House Ballard hiding behind a shield, Many QBs used to unstrap the helmet in the huddle to look at teammates in the eyes and then snap it at the line. EJ hides. RBs and Lineman can hide, QBs have to lead.

This is an observation but in my thoughts one that is troubling. (ps, changing the helmet does not make him a leader but using it is a symbol of isolation rather than strength of leadership.)

Really his visor?

I thought is there really another thread on EJ, haven't we discussed all the things he needs to do better, but I thought well lets see and then you want bring up visors?! :doh:

I know it's a small thing, but has anyone else noticed the way he holds his gatorade cup on the sideline? About 50% of the time he holds it with his pinky sticking out to the side. A worrying sign of his arrogance and inability to connect to the common man.

UHUH I see it as being disrespectful to his coach's n team mates! the nerve

wow and wow and wow...... so many Neanderthals

peripheral vision obstruction can hurt his reads and slow down reaction times for a QB. It happens to be a trait of successful QBs to have open vision. And do not suggest that Newton is successful compared to Manning, Wilson, Roethlesberger, Favre, Rodgers, JK etc.

I believe it demonstrates a personality that will hold him back from being elite. He has an arm, good feet and intelligence but lack of true leadership and vision of the field can create another Trent Edwards.

Nobody but you seems to think his peripheral vision is impacted in any negative way. The visor is SEE THROUGH!

You know what can really obstruct your vision? Getting poked in the eye by a big DT/DE. How selfish would he be if he left himself open to an eye injury?

On a page full of dumb threads, this might be the dumbest. But at least it is entertaining.

EJ now wears a closed front helmet with visor. The spacing in the eye area is small with extra bars and then a visor added. His vision is restricted and most important in the huddle eye contact with his teammates is interfered with. Real winning QBs like Manning (2), Brady, Russell Wilson, Favre, Cutler, Roethlisberger want to see, be seen by teammates, and show emotion and strength in the huddle. Can you imagine JK chewing out House Ballard hiding behind a shield, Many QBs used to unstrap the helmet in the huddle to look at teammates in the eyes and then snap it at the line. EJ hides. RBs and Lineman can hide, QBs have to lead.

This is an observation but in my thoughts one that is troubling. (ps, changing the helmet does not make him a leader but using it is a symbol of isolation rather than strength of leadership.)

*I* hear he's going to wear the helmet WITH the tinted visor all game, even on the sidelines to further isolate himself. What I don't get is why Hackett keeps pumping Morressey through the QB communications system...

The visor thing denotes an aura of selfishness as you point out. I noticed this even before you did. On draft night EJ wore a pink tie to honor his mother's struggles with breast cancer. At first look this was a nice gesture and a shout out to his mom. I believe he meant it to be just that and his selfishness was sublimational. But his pink tie had stripes, which are manly and an attempt to show his masculine side. It should have been a more feminine tie if he really wanted to highlight his mom. Maybe something flowery.

This is now your criticism of EJ? His tie choice? His pink tie choice?? Kudos to you for forever dreaming up new ways to dump on EJ. :beer:

Answer to the original question - crazy lizard eyes visor as previously stated in some other thread.

*I* hear he's going to wear the helmet WITH the tinted visor all game, even on the sidelines to further isolate himself. What I don't get is why Hackett keeps pumping Morressey through the QB communications system...

This is now your criticism of EJ? His tie choice? His pink tie choice?? Kudos to you for forever dreaming up new ways to dump on EJ. :beer:

Answer to the original question - crazy lizard eyes visor as previously stated in some other thread.

I'd change his visor do be like those pictures of Jesus (but EJ's face instead). No matter where you stand it always looks like they are starring right at you. That would throw off defenses.

While there are probably more pressing things, right at this moment the thing I'd change about EJ would be to limit the number of ridiculous and redundant threads that are started about him.

PTR, btw, what kind of ham would the hypothetical sandwich have been made from?

If I could change anything about EJ it wouldn't be his helmet. It would be the important things like being healthy, better accuracy, hitting his targets in stride, making better desicions, not turning the ball over, etc. With all the things I worry about EJ, his visor and his leadership are at the bottom.

If I could change anything about EJ it wouldn't be his helmet. It would be the important things like being healthy, better accuracy, hitting his targets in stride, making better desicions, not turning the ball over, etc. With all the things I worry about EJ, his visor and his leadership are at the bottom.

The question is how in the world will he improve accuracy, hit targets in stride and not turn the ball over when he has the visor disrupting his vision? A fundamental flaw and the possible downfall of EJ is right infront of his eyes.

A little more attitude like a Jim Kelly. Its a fine line between sounding like a fool like Geno smith, but I think EJ to this point has come across as too mild mannered and deferential

Agreed, I think the attitude is part of being confident. He needs to get that fire going, same one he had in that FSU locker room speach. BTW, Kelly always had the coat on and his hands in the hand warmer on the field.

The question is how in the world will he improve accuracy, hit targets in stride and not turn the ball over when he has the visor disrupting his vision? A fundamental flaw and the possible downfall of EJ is right infront of his eyes.

What if he wore the visor and went to the sideline to wear a jacket draped over his shoulders to keep warm?? That would almost be like a cloak of invisibility.