Chicago Media- Bills are an Easy Win

Listening to local Chicago sports radio and most are calling the Bills an "easy win" for the Bears in the season opener.

It's that same old media bias against the Bills and it kind of stings a little hearing it first hand especially since the Bears were 8-8 last year.

How I would love for the Bills to prove them wrong in a big way!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to local Chicago sports radio and most are calling the Bills an "easy win" for the Bears in the season opener.

It's that same old media bias against the Bills and it kind of stings a little hearing it first hand especially since the Bears were 8-8 last year.

This is excellent news. We want everyone to believe that because, despite what players say about taking every opponent seriously, they are human. And if everyone tells you the Bills suck and you should win easy you start believing it. Then on game day they get punched in the mouth.

The Bears rotten O-line vs the Bills superb D-line. Cutler might want to get the flu on gameday morning. The Bills starting defense has looked great in both games. Losing Byrd and Alonso reduces the Bill's D "offensive" potential -- probably won't get as many turnovers -- but the schemes Schwartz has put in place seem to have increased their true-defense capability. Neither the Giant nor the Panthers had any success running against the Bills' starting defense. How long has it been since the run defense looked like a strength.

The Vegas lines are showing the Bills as a 6-6.5 point dog, so it isn't just Chicago. Even with the home field advantage that shows that the public thinks the Bears are about a field goal better than the Bills. That isn't huge and it is certainly defensible. That doesn't mean the Bills can't win. They can. The public just thinks the Bears just have a better chance. That's all. I find it difficult to complain about people expecting an average team to beat the Bills when the Bills have been below average. The only thing that will change that perception is winning.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/bills-@-bears.cfm/date/9-07-14/time/1300

Compared to 6-10? Yes.

Yes, Dork, the Bears fans broke out the champagne after the Bears finished 8-8. Especially when you consider the Bears lost to the 3-13 Redskins and the 5-10-1 Vikings, got swept by the Lions, and gave up 42 points to the Rams and 54 points to the Eagles in losses. Yup, Bears fans are lucky to have such an awesome team. :doh:

This is why having an intelligent conversation about football is impossible.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

slightly you both arent going anywhere....one has a 23 year old qb one has a 32 year old

Yes, Dork, the Bears fans broke out the champagne after the Bears finished 8-8. Especially when you considered the Bears lost to 3-13 Redskins and 5-10-1 Vikings, got swept by the Lions, and gave up 42 points to the Rams and 54 points to the Eagles in losses. Yup, Bears fans are lucky to have such an awesome team. :doh:

This is why having an intelligent conversation about football is impossible.

We're talking about media, not the game, itself. There's no reason for the media to give a perennial loser respect, especially given the pros and cons of our offseason. Does that mean the game is actually going to be easy for either team? Nope. But it's easy to understand why non Buffalo media would think the Bills are an easy win.

Edited by Dorkington

How is this media bias?

What do you expect local sports radio to say about a week 1 opponent that was 6-10 last year and is horrible on the road?

To the media outside of Buffalo what exactly did the Bills do to improve besides trade up for Sammy? They are changing defenses again which to me isn't a huge deal but to those that don't follow the team prob is. They also made some nice under the radar signings that the local media in Chicago isn't even aware of.

Edited by Max997

The Vegas lines are showing the Bills as a 6-6.5 point dog, so it isn't just Chicago. Even with the home field advantage that shows that the public thinks the Bears are about a field goal better than the Bills. That isn't huge and it is certainly defensible. That doesn't mean the Bills can't win. They can. The public just thinks the Bears just have a better chance. That's all. I find it difficult to complain about people expecting an average team to beat the Bills when the Bills have been below average. The only thing that will change that perception is winning.

http://www.vegasinsi...07-14/time/1300

This^^

Ding ding ding

As has been mentioned in countless threads in the past, the vegas line is what they think will be enough to entice people to bet as close to evenly on both teams as possible. It's a barometer of the betting public more than how they think the score is going to end up. But yes, this does show that vegas believes the betting public at large sees this game as a win for Da Bears.

Have you signed up for our Week One party? http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/169157-chicago-week-one/#entry3183951

I could see the fans thinking the 6-10 Bills are an easy win at the home opener. They'll be favored by 5 or 6 and everyone is healthy. If we were 6 point favorites against team with a losing record in our opener I would tend to think the same thing.

I guarantee you the football coaches and the players in Chicago do not see us as an easy win. Our defense is far better than theirs, and we come into town with a #2 ranked running attack. The last time CJ was healthy he was running at a 6 ypc average. Thats Adrian Peterson numbers, and everyone knows about Freddy and his knack for moving the chains.

They have a better QB, two stud receivers in Jeffrey and Marshall and Forte is very good. That Bennett is a dangerous TE that we have to be able to run with.

We have a DC that knows how to beat this team, and an elite front 4 that should have their way with what sounds like a mess of an offensive line at this point. But we are underdogs for sure in this one, and are going to need to get in Cutlers face and in his head or they'll score 30+.

May the Schwartz be with us on Sept 7th. Gonna be a battle.

This is excellent news. We want everyone to believe that because, despite what players say about taking every opponent seriously, they are human. And if everyone tells you the Bills suck and you should win easy you start believing it. Then on game day they get punched in the mouth.

+1!!!