What about Henderson now?

Being a fan with the openness of the internet is so controlling.

If Henderson is starting LT material and the Bills down the road can trad him for a high draft pick why not do so?

I think the most obviously accepted answer is:

Because we'd rather have 2 great OTs than a draft pick.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the pick.

I'm not saying dump Henderson. A trade for a pick at some point simply may be an option.

I guess I disagree.

I don't ever want to give up a great player unless I know I've got another one in the fold. If I knew that all of Glenn, Kouandjio, and Henderson were all healthy, under contract long-term, and quality starting OTs, then I might consider it if the pick(s) were really enticing.

It would take a bounty though.

Being a fan with the openness of the internet is so controlling.

If Henderson is starting LT material and the Bills down the road can trad him for a high draft pick why not do so?

Down the road is a different discussion but you don't trade young inexpensive tackles

I think the answer to "what about Henderson?" is that he still needs to play more snaps before it's determined what can happen to him. While he did look good against the Giants, he made a couple mistakes against the Panthers.

Many a "HOF preseason player" has gone on to preform horribly in the regular season. I'd like to wait and see how he comes along.

If we were not in a" win now for the new owner mode" there's no question SH would be out opening day RT. I'm not sure of that now. I'd start Cordy at LT, Seantrel at RT and make Hairston the swing tackle. Pears is odd man out and a trade possibility.

Nobody will trade for Pears.

Start Glenn at LT and Henderson at RT.

Kouandijo or Hairston can back up at swing tackle and back up for G too.

Edited by Manther

He hasn't even played a regular season down yet and you already have him as a really good starter in the NFL and possible trade bait

This board is out of control

He hasn't even played a regular season down yet and you already have him as a really good starter in the NFL and possible trade bait

This board is out of control

Right, and even if he was good enough to start, what's the point in trading him. We are finally building a roster with much needed depth, and some want to trade it away, especially a find in the 7th round. Crazy. We should want to keep our good players.

I think the most obviously accepted answer is:

Because we'd rather have 2 great OTs than a draft pick.

Wait a minute...you mean you'd rather have talent and depth on the O-line instead of trading it away? What are you thinking??

Right, and even if he was good enough to start, what's the point in trading him. We are finally building a roster with much needed depth, and some want to trade it away, especially a find in the 7th round. Crazy. We should want to keep our good players.

Also every draft people here want to trade down to get more depth. We are finally adding talent and depth and some want to trade it away. Buffalo may have the best fans but certainly not the smartest.

Kouandjio looks really stiff and slow. Horrible pass blocking. Strong but sloooowww. feet. I don`t know how you make somebody quicker.

I wonder what his actual weight is. Getting in shape and dropping 20+/- pounds would still leave him with monstrous size and should improve his agility, but he does look more like a guard in his current condition.

Time will tell...

I wouldn't say OL is more important to this team than QB. If you add a pro bowl OL to this team we are still a question mark. If you add a pro bowl QB to this team we are a contender.

But that said, agree with you play your best five. Marrone is a big proponent of that, too, and has said it numerous times. Not sure how it plays out here though, with Cordy having to play his way into normal shape first before game shape. I would love to see Henderson at RT but I really don't see us doing it in the next few weeks.

Is it possible the design is not for the QB to be the extremely pivotal position ?

Protect the Kid and let him run the plays as designed this season.

If the Bills are going to run the ball , as i think among others , the weight might be balanced out against the Offense as a whole.

The O line is critical either way imho

ps there is still enough time to get this sorted .

Edited by 3rdand12

Is it possible the design is not for the QB to be the extremely pivotal position ?

Protect the Kid and let him run the plays as designed this season.

If the Bills are going to run the ball , as i think among others , the weight might be balanced out against the Offense as a whole.

The O line is critical either way imho

ps there is still enough time to get this sorted .

That is the design because EJ is the QB, and he is inexperienced. If they had a very good QB I guarantee that would not be the design, unless the guy we had who is very good is the guy we could have had, Russell Wilson, who would manage the game like they want EJ to.

Top QBs obviously are not easy to find, but Whaley and Marrone would not have this offense or want to do what they are doing if they had a dynamic player at that position.