Tony Stewart hits, kills Kevin Ward,Jr. at Canandaigua Motorsports Par

YoloinOhio

A young kid showing him up in an unprecedented and unfortunate manner?

How did Ward show up TS? Tony is still in the race and Ward is not, back to the trailer kid. I see the video and Ward runs down a few steps up to Tony's car a gets clipped. I'm sure he was trying to create an experience of how he clashed with Nascar's best.

Also, follow this video, in-car camera from that track. Note the lighting. It is not from that night I need to point out

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did Ward show up TS? Tony is still in the race and Ward is not, back to the trailer kid. I see the video and Ward runs down a few steps up to Tony's car a gets clipped. I'm sure he was trying to create an experience of how he clashed with Nascar's best.

Also, follow this video, in-car camera from that track. Note the lighting. It is not from that night I need to point out

Interesting thing to note from that video: when the car drifts through the turns, the right rear kicks out, and the car ends up facing away from the wall towards the infield. It's particularly noticeable at 1:13.

Makes it that much harder to see anything coming down from the wall towards you.

In response to why he could be angry, we've on le seen 30 seconds or so from the race. We have no idea if there was any other interaction between the two racers over the course of the night. This goes for both Stewart and Ward. For all we know, Ward's reaction may have had just as much to so with anything else and not just his crash, which makes the rampant speculation even more baseless.

I'll again say I'm not asserting this is what must have happened but do you not think that seeing some bonehead kid screaming at him and hooting and hollering and waving his arms might have irked him (again, not saying he even saw him, but maybe he did)?

We aren't talking a blind murderous rage- just that he might've been to that point that a simple engine rev would be a "shut up" or "ha - atleast I'm still driving"

You realize the scenario you are proposing, happened in maybe a tad more than one second. Thats a lot of thinking plotting, getting angry and scheming for such a short time. Since Stewart never even knew he (ward) hit the wall or why the flag was out previous to hitting him.

You realize the scenario you are proposing, happened in maybe a tad more than one second. Thats a lot of thinking plotting, getting angry and scheming for such a short time. Since Stewart never even knew he (ward) hit the wall or why the flag was out previous to hitting him.

its really not much at all. some of you act like he would have to spend time working himself up, then plotting his great revenge.

think about the last time you honked the horn, or made a jerk comment without thinking AT ALL. that he didnt have time to think through how stupid the risk could be would kind of be the entire point, really.

again, im not arguing that it must have happened that way, just that it could have and it would take literally a fraction of a second. much like the probably more likely failed evasive maneuver would have been executed just as instantly and probably been closer to actually taking an ounce of thought.

Haven't had time to read all through, but heard a sports talk guy talk about that if Stewert were trying to do a Maverick type of drive by like Cruise did in Top Gun, then it was premeditated, and even if it was an accident at that point, his choice to come that close on purpose caused the death here and there should be charges. Stewert could have been trying to only throw some dirt on this kid and it just went bad.

Haven't had time to read all through, but heard a sports talk guy talk about that if Stewert were trying to do a Maverick type of drive by like Cruise did in Top Gun, then it was premeditated, and even if it was an accident at that point, his choice to come that close on purpose caused the death here and there should be charges. Stewert could have been trying to only throw some dirt on this kid and it just went bad.

That's the problem here...you listened to some "sports talk guy" whose job it is to force controversy.

But he's right. If that's what Stewart was going for he is certainly at fault. The problem here is nothing on that video suggests that was what he was doing.

That's the problem here...you listened to some "sports talk guy" whose job it is to force controversy.

But he's right. If that's what Stewart was going for he is certainly at fault. The problem here is nothing on that video suggests that was what he was doing.

Well we do know that Ward's intention was the get close

its really not much at all. some of you act like he would have to spend time working himself up, then plotting his great revenge.

think about the last time you honked the horn, or made a jerk comment without thinking AT ALL. that he didnt have time to think through how stupid the risk could be would kind of be the entire point, really.

again, im not arguing that it must have happened that way, just that it could have and it would take literally a fraction of a second. much like the probably more likely failed evasive maneuver would have been executed just as instantly and probably been closer to actually taking an ounce of thought.

I get your point, but man he has been a pro racer for quite awhile owns many championships. if he is that on the edge, he has no business being in the sport.

As for honking the horn (or worse flipping off) for us especially depending on where you live. That is more of a conditioned response. In pro racing I would guess one has to be a little bit more in control. Since during a race there must be countless times a driver could/ can lose it. if I own a team he is not the driver I want. Unless they are teammates i cannot picture many of these drivers going out together for a beer or 4 after a race.

Has Steart released a statement stating this?

Of course he hasn't released any statements. If he had you'd be calling him stupid for potentially tripping himself up.

Actually I wouldn't, Beerball. He's attatched himself to his original police statement. It can't be changed now. He may be foolish, but I doubt he's stupid.

My point was the poster was stated something as fact that TS hasn't (and the Sheriff) hasn't said publcly. These same posters have catigated (incorrectly) some of us for allegedly doing the same.

Has Steart released a statement stating this?

Of course not. but, it is either upthread by me with a source (i know longer remember though), by his pit crew who he obviously spoke with before he was interviewed by law enforcement. Or the Sherrifs spokesman. i cannot again remember which. The Nascar channel is providing a lot if not most of this stuff. Could have seen it there. Usually do not watch that channel but a lot of racers are chiming in with there more knowledgeable opinions than say a guy like me. All of which are very interesting. BTW not a one has yet to even point a finger at him in the accident. Which of course means nothing.

Actually I wouldn't, Beerball. He's attatched himself to his original police statement. It can't be changed now. He may be foolish, but I doubt he's stupid.

My point was the poster was stated something as fact that TS hasn't (and the Sheriff) hasn't said publcly. These same posters have catigated (incorrectly) some of us for allegedly doing the same.

So you know everything that has been said why question me? You know it all sir!

Of course not. but, it is either upthread by me with a source (i know longer remember though), by his pit crew who he obviously spoke with before he was interviewed by law enforcement. Or the Sherrifs spokesman. i cannot again remember which. The Nascar channel is providing a lot if not most of this stuff. Could have seen it there. Usually do not watch that channel but a lot of racers are chiming in with there more knowledgeable opinions than say a guy like me. All of which are very interesting. BTW not a one has yet to even point a finger at him in the accident. Which of course means nothing.

So you know everything that has been said why question me? You know it all sir!

Again (this is getting painful wrestling all these straw men!), no I don't. That is why I asked you where this info came from. You response is maybe you saw it here or there...but that it true regardless.

Got it.

Again (this is getting painful wrestling all these straw men!), no I don't. That is why I asked you where this info came from. You response is maybe you saw it here or there...but that it true regardless.

Got it.

It's also painful listening to some who knows nothing about dirt racing yet push there storyline based on hearing a "revving" engine. As if it can be construed as a criminal act. maybe so, but doubtful in this accident. in the end its all about burning some time for me during a long day. hopefully it is for others too. personally i could care less if Stewart jumps off a bridge tonight. he's a certified douche.

But, where exactly did I say anything is "true" regarding a statement I heard? i did not! But, I can say this it was not from some media speculating, I simply cannot remember the source, and believe me have zero reason to spew BS on a message board. That is not what I do.

I like very fast street cars, or hyper cars as they are sometimes referred to now. that's my interest here. Sprint racing bores me.

Relax Dude.