Round 2 : Sale of the team

I was thinking

Tinfoil

Hat

Gotcha covered:

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

http://www.buffalone...demand-20140812

Could someone put a sock in this guys mouth until after the sale...

Seriously, there is plenty of time for political grandstanding AFTER the sale,

:lol: Good to have you back, Dean.

Thanks. Good to be back, Dr Football.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how listening to Polancarz makes me feel a lot less confident about this team's future here

Give him a break, he's being a politician. That's his job. Same reason that Cuomo, Schumer, and to a great extent Goodell are saying what they are saying. Aside for maybe Ralph, Poancarz is the single biggest reason that the Bills are staying in Buffalo.

Give him a break, he's being a politician. That's his job. Same reason that Cuomo, Schumer, and to a great extent Goodell are saying what they are saying. Aside for maybe Ralph, Poancarz is the single biggest reason that the Bills are staying in Buffalo.

fair enough.... I give him props for taking the time to go on WGR on a fairly regular basis to discuss this

I actually thought that Polocarz was really plugged in until a couple of weeks ago when he was ranting and raving about the team possibly leaving. He either A: isn't really in the loop or B: was doing that to gain political favor -either is possible. This stuff about the stadium now is just him trying to get as much of it privately funded as possible. He's just negotiating through the media, nothing more.

No inside knowledge here, but my guess is that the locals aren't terribly plugged in. The stadium is primarily a state issue - when the deal gets cut, it's with the governor. There is a county component, but when the bills seal the deal it's with the governor on the phone.

I think a lot of the stadium talk is posturing. Poloncarz is up for reelection next year, and he's not going to give the bills a blank check, particularly when the "bills" money would impact his constituency's use of libraries and community services. One of the other wild cards here is that both potential republican candidates will pose "bills" problems for Poloncarz. Chris Jacobs of the Jacobs clan could be in the mix, and if that family is involved in "saving" The bills through a stadium deal that could make things dicey for Poloncarz for obvious reasons. At this point the other realistic opponent is pat gallivan, who will probably try to peel some democratic votes out of south buffalo by working the CPS issue (think of the five year old who was murdered there within the past year or so), and in that event Poloncarz will have to deal with the issue how to balance funding for a bills stadium with monies for CPS and like programs. I don't consider Stefan mychajliw a realistic opponent at this point, but to the extent he's the opponent I doubt he poses a "bills" problem.

I actually thought that Polocarz was really plugged in until a couple of weeks ago when he was ranting and raving about the team possibly leaving. He either A: isn't really in the loop or B: was doing that to gain political favor -either is possible. This stuff about the stadium now is just him trying to get as much of it privately funded as possible. He's just negotiating through the media, nothing more.

And in the process, deflating the final sale price. Curious timing by Poloncarz - I'm sure the trust can't be loving him right about now.

st

ay

in

:thumbsup:

Nice !

Stayin :thumbsup:

So if the bon Jovi group has no shot then why do they keep getting propped up.

Why is it the PR machine of the NFl sends out press releases about the Bon Jovi

Group is back In the bidding. I hear radio up dates on NFL network on radio and TV

ESPN reports how there a finalist. CNN even scrolled on then bottom of there news

Shows that Bon Jovi group is meeting with the Bills trust today to buy the team.

I've seen all sorts of Bills fans at at the pro football hall of fame protesting

This group and at the Carolina Game also. His Music is not played any where

In western ny. But do you think the NFL might have something to do with the Carolina

Panthers playing his Music during the Bills pre-season game down there. You can keep

believing that this process is all on the up and up but I don't believe it for a 2nd. If there's

Away for the NFL to get a team in Toronto or LA they will do it. So keep thinking were

Ok and no one is working behind the scenes to steal are team.

Oh by the way I never changed my opinion. I support Pegula 1000 percent.

I want him to own this team. But there's a lot of things he can't control

And those are the things I'm concerned about. If the NFL will let the Colts

Move to Indy and the Browns out of Cleveland. Don't think for a 2nd they

Won't try and manipulate the process to the Toronto groups favor.

The NFL won't feel bad if the Bills Move to Toronto. They already feel Toronto

Is in the Buffalo Market. They will just say the fans can still seem there team play.

It's a short drive to Toronto. They won't look at it as a city losing a team because

The bills will be very close to home and kept in the same Market.

The NFL only cares about one thing and one thing only. The all mighty dollar.

Dude

Stayin :thumbsup:

And in the process, deflating the final sale price. Curious timing by Poloncarz - I'm sure the trust can't be loving him right about now.

Houston,

I just listened to the Poloncrarz interview on WGR. I don't understand why anyone would object to the postion he is taking at this point in the sale process. (Not saying that you are.) He is Erie County's County Executive who very often is asked about the sale and stadium situatiion. He gave his well reasoned thoughts on the team and stadium issue. For anyone who has followed the situation there was nothing provocative about his comments. He certainly isn't locked into any position other than if a new stadium is required the cost will be shared by the parties.

His general stance is that the County is not going to foot the full bill on any new stadium project. That is not only the prevailing view but it is also the overwhelming view of the public.

There are posters who believe that he is interfering with the process and undercutting the prospects of the team remaining in the region. That is absurd. He is Erie County's top public servant who is keeping the public informed on an issue that is important to many people.

It's my opinion that he is representing the interests of the public at large and that so far he is doing a good job.

Attached is the WGR link of the interview.

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/95549486/8-13-erie-county-executive-mark-poloncarz.htm

Edited by JohnC

Houston,

I just listened to the Poloncrarz interview on WGR. I don't understand why anyone would object to the postion he is taking at this point in the sale process. (Not saying that you are.) He is Erie County's County Executive who very often is asked about the sale and stadium situatiion. He gave his well reasoned thoughts on the team and stadium issue. For anyone who has followed the situation there was nothing provocative about his comments. He certainly isn't locked into any position other than if a new stadium is required the cost will be shared by the parties.

His general stance is that the County is not going to foot the full bill on any new stadium project. That is not only the prevailing view but it is also the overwhelming view of the public.

There are posters who believe that he is interfering with the process and undercutting the prospects of the team remaining in the region. That is absurd. He is Erie County's top public servant who is keeping the public informed on an issue that is important to many people.

It's my opinion that he is representing the interests of the public at large and that so far he is doing a good job.

Attached is the WGR link of the interview.

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/95549486/8-13-erie-county-executive-mark-poloncarz.htm

I listened as well, and I agree with everything you've stated. And I don't believe our posts are incompatible. Edited by BillnutinHouston

Well I'll be damned

Are you Grahammypants' source?

You should have sourced Pat Moran. It would get Grahammypanties in a bunch and maybe Moran would swear on his daughters life again.

Kidding aside, all hail Kirby.

Edited by FluffHead