New sale of team thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an obvious pint and one with which I completely agree. The trust NEEDS JBJ and trump to create demand, just as the NFL needs those bidders to inflate the price. I suspect this deal will get done VERY quickly now bc Pegula has seemingly offered offered the trust everything it could want - a great price in what I'm assuming is a cash bid that will allow the deal to close before the end of this tax year. Assuming the bid info is correct (and I'm skeptical of the accuracy of all of the reported bids), there is a serious game of poker going on. The trust can probably extort a little more from pegula through the JBJ threat, but it has to ask itself whether the potential gain is worth the risk of pegula reducing his bid.

What I also wonder is whether this massare guy has been groomed for this moment. As the theory goes, his source is littmans kid, who is Ralph's grandson. What if they've been feeding this guy all along to establish his credibility and now at the very end use him to reinforce the idea that the JBJ group increases its bid past pegulas 1.3b after e books are opened? Couple that leak with one to someone like to graham or Jim fink and the trust could easily create an incentive for pegula to move beyond 1.3B. I'd be stunned if we don't see that kind of story sometime soon, but I'll be equally stunned if pegula doesn't close the deal. Like I said it will happen fast., and probably for a "little" more than 1.3B.

RW & Littman aren't related. Massare has been plugged in for a while but hasn't said anything differently from those in the loop. Ha ha, they are not using a guy on twitter with 1,000 followers to funnel out information. The kid is a passionate Bills fan who has some connections and has gotten some true information. He is a super fan not a PR machine. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I found it interesting listening to WGR this morning, and hearing Jeremy and Howard claim the one major obstacle is that the NFL and the other league owners don't know anything about Pegula.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but during the last owners' meeting when it was announced that Ralph had passed, reports were that it was Pegula's name being discussed and whispered about in the room amongst the owners.

The only favorable mentions we ever heard about Jon Bon Hairspray were from Jerry Jones and Bobby Kraft. I am convinced that had more to do with their daughters/mistresses own infatuation with "rock stars" than anything else, currying favor for future backstage passes even after his quixotic little pursuit of an NFL team fell flat.

I'm with you Doc. They looked at this as their chance, have been serious players, and took their best swing. As that group is currently constructed they can't afford it. JBJ can't be the controlling owner in all likelihood and word has it that he has no interest in any other role. Despite what many of the "doomsday preppers" here wanted to believe they were always a long shot to land the team.

Once Pegs entered the picture (which is a stroke of luck so amazing for Buffalo that it almost invokes divine intervention), it was over for BJ. If it were between BJ and Golisano though, I think that BJ gets the team. And while I give Golisano credit for saving the Sabres and then passing them onto Pegs, I don't think he'll spend money on the Bills like Pegs will.

MAYBE if they ever expand he will get an opportunity to bring a team to Toronto. It is certainly not in his best interest to drive up franchise values though.

I think that if they decided to expand to Toronto, Pegs would have a major problem with that. And given their not-so-great support of the Argos and Bills these last 8 years, I don't know if they have shown they deserve an NFL team.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. I can't imagine the league knows nothing about El Pegual

The league and owners love the guy!! He is a guy, paying cash (no debt), for the highest priced sale in league history. Depending on what number you believe for TP's net worth he can be as high as the 2nd wealthiest owner in the league (5 on the low end). They would LOVE to have this guy in their little club.

I think that if they decided to expand to Toronto, Pegs would have a major problem with that. And given their not-so-great support of the Argos and Bills these last 8 years, I don't know if they have shown they deserve an NFL team.

You are probably right on this. The Bills will certainly have an issue with it. There is value to the Toronto market but not nearly as much as LA and they haven't had a team in like 20 years.

The league and owners love the guy!! He is a guy, paying cash (no debt), for the highest priced sale in league history. Depending on what number you believe for TP's net worth he can be as high as the 2nd wealthiest owner in the league (5 on the low end). They would LOVE to have this guy in their little club.

You are probably right on this. The Bills will certainly have an issue with it. There is value to the Toronto market but not nearly as much as LA and they haven't had a team in like 20 years.

And don't forget that Mr Jacob's Delaware North empire has major dealings with at least a few of the other owners. And as the Bruins Owner, I guarantee he has gotten well acquainted with El Pegula over the past few years.

All the owners would have to do was ask of his opinion and if he vouched for El Pegula that would go just as far in some of their books.

Say the following out loud everyone and imagine your watching the press conference…

“ladies and gentlemen, the new owner of your Buffalo Bills…Terry Pegula!”

Anyone else get chills?

CBF

As a Bills fan you should know not to put the cart before the horse

RW & Littman aren't related. Massare has been plugged in for a while but hasn't said anything differently from those in the loop. Ha ha, they are not using a guy on twitter with 1,000 followers to funnel out information. The kid is a passionate Bills fan who has some connections and has gotten some true information. He is a super fan not a PR machine.

Littman is the son inlaw. And, it's a new age. Every piece of data is scoured. Massares consistency reinforces my point. And, it's not just using some guy on twitter. That guy plus, say, a business first report, a buff news report and maybe something in the Toronto sun or info fed to Ed Kilgore from someone Kilgore has trusted in the past might just spook someone enough to up the bid.

Finally, who is to say the kid (Littman jr) isn't our version of Norman cass jr.? He might not even know he's being used.

I did a search on Pegs' wife and I found that she's only 45. That's great news because Pegs is 63 and when he passes, the team will go to her. After that, I'm not sure what will happen, but I'd assume it would be something akin to what Lamar Hunt did.

Littman is the son inlaw. And, it's a new age. Every piece of data is scoured. Massares consistency reinforces my point. And, it's not just using some guy on twitter. That guy plus, say, a business first report, a buff news report and maybe something in the Toronto sun or info fed to Ed Kilgore from someone Kilgore has trusted in the past might just spook someone enough to up the bid.

Finally, who is to say the kid (Littman jr) isn't our version of Norman cass jr.? He might not even know he's being used.

One more thing. There are conflicting reports as to the JBJ bid - ie - about 1b or 1.2b. Who do you think leaked 1.2b? Someone with an interest in driving up the price.

Please don't feed the kids ego, he already comes across as a total doucheknocker and he is likely reading this thread while patting himself on the back

Question for all.

If its known now that JBJ cant match TP’s bid, why would Gollisano still (possibly) submit a bid if there is already a leading bid by someone who will keep the team in Buffalo?

CBF

Because he wants the team. Good strategy to wait. See where everyone else is to minimize risk of bidding against yourself.

Please don't feed the kids ego, he already comes across as a total doucheknocker and he is likely reading this thread while patting himself on the back

Google Norman cass jr. There is no ego feeding here,

Question for all.

If its known now that JBJ cant match TP’s bid, why would Gollisano still (possibly) submit a bid if there is already a leading bid by someone who will keep the team in Buffalo?

CBF

Because this is a non binding bid. It costs him nothing to stay in the game and keep the insiders view. This way he can still make a formal bid if he chooses, or if he needs to partner with someone at the last minute he has no catching up to do as he has had access to the information all along. It makes perfect sense.

I have heard the rumors that he is RW's son in law but as far as I know that is false.

I know a little bit about how that organization operates and Massare is nothing more than a super fan that went to college with Littman's daughter. He has nothing to do with anything. This is actually one of the most asinine things that has come up during the sales process.

I have heard the rumors that he is RW's son in law but as far as I know that is false.

I know a little bit about how that organization operates and Massare is nothing more than a super fan that went to college with Littman's daughter. He has nothing to do with anything. This is actually one of the most asinine things that has come up during the sales process.

After doing some "Googling". I just can't see how Littman is RW's son in law. It appears Jeff is married to a Cynthia. Ralph has no daughters named Cynthia.

After doing some "Googling". I just can't see how Littman is RW's son in law. It appears Jeff is married to a Cynthia. Ralph has no daughters named Cynthia.

Littman dated Ralph's daughter for a while, just long enough to determine she was too expensive. He couldn't fit her under the cap per se. That's when he picked up Cynthia off the waiver wire on the cheap.

Edited by FluffHead