What`s up with Marrone?

I do not have a problem with his attitude. He seems tired of all the ridiculous questions, and PIS@ED with the overall performance of his team. He wants to win.....Chan/Fitz would get up after every loss and say "We have to go back and watch the tape" that is a rubbish.

Edited by DirtDart

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan/Fitz would get up after every loss and say "We have to go back and watch the tape" that is a rubbish.

A lot of coaches say this. And really, how can they really tell what happened when they are probably in one of the worst places to watch a football game, the sidelines. You can't tell who missed a block on the side of the line opposite of where you are for instance. But it was annoying.

That make you feel better? They had no OL or running game last year. Pay attention buddy.

I'm not the one who needs to feel better, because I'm not the one who has an issue with the playing time. Pay attention to what, exactly? You can fire up the excuse machine all you want for Eli if it makes YOU feel better, but everything I stated about Eli and that 1st team offense is fact, and reasons provided for why he played longer.

Looks like the MTR came in at "congenial" yesterday. Hope the local media have made plans for the next bit of manufactured drama.

i am sure they are sifting through the players' Instagram and Twitter accounts as we speak to try to find something to create fake outrage for the day.

But the Giants kept their starters in for the next series and scored against our 2nd string defense. Right?

So they let him down. He also called out the two red zone turnovers. The 76 yard bomb never should have even been a completion.

He's got a right to be pizzed. His job is on the line. Not the media's.

I was briefly a sports journalist (that's what I graduated in) here in the UK and for a year worked in the field covering some of the English Premier League Soccer teams' weekly press conferences (Manchester City, Liverpool, Everton, Blackburn, Bolton etc). What always staggers me when I watch the Bills pressers is how the reporters get away with just naming a subject or a player and saying to the coach "can you talk a bit to that?" For instance "Seantrel Henderson's play, can you tall a bit to that?" or "the chemistry between EJ and the receivers... can you talk a bit to that?"

They are not proper questions.... if you asked them at a soccer presser you would get short shrift I promise you.

when everyone knows how he's going to answer a question and he doesn't give the answer that was being fished for and you ask the question five more times during the week, you're not doing the fans any favors. It's like watching little kids poke a bear. So, some of us are ok with Marrone's reaction.

Marrone having the team practice two days after a preseason game is absurd. Coach grant of the Vikings used to never put much effort into preseason. He saved his guys for the regular season. Marrone's tactics put our players at greater risk for injuries.

Marrone having the team practice two days after a preseason game is absurd. Coach grant of the Vikings used to never put much effort into preseason. He saved his guys for the regular season. Marrone's tactics put our players at greater risk for injuries.

No they don't. With all the restrictions on practicing players have never had it so easy, as far as training camp is concerned.

I'm struggling to understand why you use Bud Grant, although a great coach, to illustrate your point.

After more consideration, It's BECAUSE he's a great coach. There's other great coaches with their own philosophies though.

Do you have more info to back this up? Did he have some kind of magic formula to avoid injuries? Interesting theory. Please expand on this.

A lot of coaches say this. And really, how can they really tell what happened when they are probably in one of the worst places to watch a football game, the sidelines. You can't tell who missed a block on the side of the line opposite of where you are for instance. But it was annoying.

Sure they do. They have access to the play immediately on the printer. They know why they lost the game (or won for that matter). They do have the best position to view the game.

I do not have a problem with his attitude. He seems tired of all the ridiculous questions, and PIS@ED with the overall performance of his team. He wants to win.....Chan/Fitz would get up after every loss and say "We have to go back and watch the tape" that is a rubbish.

if you watched the Wonder Years growing up... The same embarrassment that show made me feel, is the same I feel when I hear some reporters questions.