I'm officially worried about Cordy Glenn

1B4IDie

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. But unless he is having penile enlargement surgery, I can't imagine anything embarrassing enough that you wouldn't just tell people what was going on. I mean, he is a pretty public figure and a pretty integral part of a team that is obviously very important to a lot of people and thus, people are really concerned about his health. But like you said, everyone is different I suppose.

Maybe it's something an opponent could target.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying that it's our right as Bills fans to know what's wrong with Cordy Glenn. I'm saying if I'm Cordy Glenn, why wouldn't I just tell people what's going on? OK so let's say it's a kidney issue. Who cares? I have Crohn's Disease. If I worked in an office and all of a sudden I went missing for two months and everyone in the office was wondering what was wrong with me, I would just be like, "hey guys, I was having some issues with my Crohn's Disease." Why the hell would I care?

I won't if I was Cordy. It's my business. He doesn't even have a twitter so I'm guessing he's a private dude.

Personally, I think more athletes should roll like Derek Jeter. The less people know, the better.

I'm not sure why exactly, but this sentence gives me a black hole headache.

I agree 100%.

It's a literary technique known as going around your ass to get to your elbow.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm fine with the fact that if it is a "non-football" related illness/injury that the same disclosure requirements aren't required. My concern is whether we can plug him into the lineup a week before the opener (or in week 2, whenever it ends up being) and he'll still be able to perform like last year, or god forbid, improve from last year, without the benefit of camp. Thankfully Henderson is turning out to not be a complete mental case to at least hold them over because from the sounds of it, Hairston and the rookies aren't going to be able to fit the bill.

I'm fine with the fact that if it is a "non-football" related illness/injury that the same disclosure requirements aren't required. My concern is whether we can plug him into the lineup a week before the opener (or in week 2, whenever it ends up being) and he'll still be able to perform like last year, or god forbid, improve from last year, without the benefit of camp. Thankfully Henderson is turning out to not be a complete mental case to at least hold them over because from the sounds of it, Hairston and the rookies aren't going to be able to fit the bill.

Reportedly, he will be back in time to play at least one PS game and be ready for week 1. I assume that would be PS game 3 (which our game 4). No one usually plays in the last game, and the second to last is usually the "dress rehearsal" where the starters play the most. So the plan is he would be in camp, at some point.

Because some people are willing to speak up and say what they have. Some people prefer to remain private. Everyone is different. He is under zero obligation to say a word about it. He doesn't owe the fans anything about his personal NON football health issues

That is an opinion. i don't agree but it is an opinion. If the starting LT of an NFL team is not playing it is not a private matter.

I'm not worried because I don't believe this is true at all.

Which part? The 2014 playoff part or the Glenn is essential part?

Exactly. Glenn doesn't owe us an explanation. The bills don't owe us an explanation. If it was a football injury, they are required to reveal it. If not, they aren't. I don't care what it is. It is none of my business. When he is ok to play he will be back.

Disagree. It is my business and they do owe the public an answer. It is great you guys are in touch with your emotions and are great advocates for Cordy Glenn's privacy. It is so very compassionate of "yous guys". :wub:

If the starting LT of an NFL team is not playing it is not a private matter. (period)

He is a public figure that is paid millions of dollars to play a professional sport. If you miss (pre-season) games and practice it is not a private matter (period.)

If you do not want your medical history out in public then retire from the NFL.

If it is not a big deal then say it is not a big deal. One interview from Cordy, saying "I'm training hard. I expect to be ready for Week 1. I'm waiting to be cleared by the doctors." Would be all that needs to be said if it were really a minor issue that won't effect his play in the season.

The CIA coverup style leads me to believe this may be a big deal that will lead to missed game time. If this were the Jests or the Cowgirls this cover up wouldn't last long. I guess no one has any new information so I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Why So Serious?

That is an opinion. i don't agree but it is an opinion. If the starting LT of an NFL team is not playing it is not a private matter.

Disagree. It is my business and they do owe the public an answer. It is great you guys are in touch with your emotions and are great advocates for Cordy Glenn's privacy. It is so very compassionate of "yous guys". :wub:

If the starting LT of an NFL team is not playing it is not a private matter. (period)

He is a public figure that is paid millions of dollars to play a professional sport. If you miss (pre-season) games and practice it is not a private matter (period.)

If it is not a big deal then say it is not a big deal. One interview from Cordy, saying "I'm training hard. I expect to be ready for Week 1. I'm waiting to be cleared by the doctors." Would be all that needs to be said if it were really a minor issue that won't effect his play in the season.

The CIA coverup style leads me to believe this may be a big deal that will lead to missed game time. If this were the Jests or the Cowgirls this cover up wouldn't last long. I guess no one has any new information so I'll leave at that.

Ha. Have you e-mailed Russ Brandon about this?

Have you thought about whether the Bills leaked the info deliberately to Tim Graham so the fans would be at least somewhat informed of when he coming back? Because we are.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The CIA coverup style leads me to believe this may be a big deal that will lead to missed game time. If this were the Jests or the Cowgirls this cover up wouldn't last long. I guess no one has any new information so I'll leave it at that.

Legally it is a private matter. So you can have your tantrum, but in the end, it will do you little good.

Ha. Have you e-mailed Russ Brandon about this?

Have you thought about whether the Bills leaked the info deliberately to Tim Graham so the fans would be at least somewhat informed of when he coming back? Because we are.

That sounds like lip service to me. The same lip service they said about Harriston. He was on PUP all the way until he couldn't come off the PUP and the Bills were mum.

Here is some lip service from August of last year:

8/1913

Marrone said "We're just waiting on clearance from the doctors [on Hairston]," he said. "But really everyone else is full go, which is exciting."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/63060/bills-slowly-trimming-down-roster

Legally it is a private matter. So you can have your tantrum, but in the end, it will do you little good.

Legally Cordy Glenn can say whatever he would like to say.

It may do some good. I know the Bills beat writers frequent TBD maybe one of them will write an article or ask Cordy for a comment, or you know dig a little deeper and uncover some more information.