Could be kidney stones.

Could be Crohn's.

Could be hernia.

Could be gas.

Could be adult-onset diabetes.

Could be a gluten intolerance.

Could be blood clots.

Could JUST ABOUT ANYTHING.

Whatever it is, telling or not telling the media aint going to change whether or not he's available to play. And really, that's the LAST of his priorities. So get over it and wait.

That must be some awful gas.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what needs to be helped? your inability to let it be? they are doing no damage to anything at all by respecting his wishes to keep it quiet, whatever it is.

am i a bit curious? sure. but that doesnt mean that the team owes me an answer.

i guess the ultimate question is why should anyone care if you or i fear the worst?

This!! As usual, you are spot on. Glenn will be back soon enough and hopefully gets up to football speed quickly. In the meantime Seantrel will continue getting reps as will other young guys. We know what we have in Glenn (a monster). The OL will be better from the reps these other guys are getting.

what needs to be helped? your inability to let it be? they are doing no damage to anything at all by respecting his wishes to keep it quiet, whatever it is.

am i a bit curious? sure. but that doesnt mean that the team owes me an answer.

i guess the ultimate question is why should anyone care if you or i fear the worst?

Agreed. Why do fans feel like athletes should get treated different than we do? Who would be cool with their workplace realizing their medical information?

Its a meaningless debate. It doesn't matter what you think.

The fact is, health information for NFL players is constantly made available to the public. That is how the world works. Is it right? Probably not but Don't Care. Is it wrong? Probably, but Don't care.

The question is, if players medical information is continuously made available, why is there a mystery around Glenn?

Edited by Why So Serious?

We get a lot of these weird illnesses/injuries. Easley, Hariston, and now Glen. I don't follow other teams as close as the bills obviously, but I don't hear other teams having things like this. Paranoia could lead someone to believe they are all related and there is a deadly disease circling the locker room and they are trying their best to contain it. but ony because it is preseason and I have nothing else to think about except the batted down passes and the kyle williams play

The fact is, health information for NFL players is constantly made available to the public. That is how the world works. Is it right? Probably not but Don't Care. Is it wrong? Probably, but Don't care.

The question is, if players medical information is continuously made available, why is there a mystery around Glenn?

We get info on football-related injuries. I think it's entirely false to say that all other illnesses/non-football issues are disclosed the same way.

We get a lot of these weird illnesses/injuries. Easley, Hariston, and now Glen. I don't follow other teams as close as the bills obviously, but I don't hear other teams having things like this. Paranoia could lead someone to believe they are all related and there is a deadly disease circling the locker room and they are trying their best to contain it. but ony because it is preseason and I have nothing else to think about except the batted down passes and the kyle williams play

And Donald Jones.

Our situation is better than the Bucs. They had 2 guys retire I believe from MRSA outbreak in the locker room.

Then why are you asking about Glenn? Oh yeah, because it's not available.

the return question, as i think yours has been answered several times, is what does it change by not being available?

his health? the same.

his timeline? the same.

his coaches plans? the same.

someone else mentioned that people assume the worst - but ultimately, what does that mean and why should anyone care if he assumes the worst?

Fellas. Jesus.

Could be chicken pox.

Could be cancer.

Could be kidney stones.

Could be Crohn's.

Could be hernia.

Could be gas.

Could be adult-onset diabetes.

Could be a gluten intolerance.

Could be blood clots.

Could JUST ABOUT ANYTHING.

Whatever it is, telling or not telling the media aint going to change whether or not he's available to play. And really, that's the LAST of his priorities. So get over it and wait.

No need to wait, if they just say "abdominal injury out 3-4 weeks". "Lower Body injury out 3-4 weeks"

Mystery illness with no timetable on one of teh most critical players on the Bills offense. seems a bit unnecessary,

It is unusual.

Where there is smoke there is fire.

A 2014 Bills team minus a healthy Glenn is huge concern.

Player's Bills fans should be concerned about staying healthy to ensure success for 2014:

1.) EJ Manuel

2.) Cordy Glenn

3.) Kiko Alonso

4.) Kyle Williams and or Marcell Dareus

Just throw the fans a friggin' bone already.

I also hear that Glenn is working out by himself during camp. This to me indicates it is not something grave like leukemia, etc. Likely an abdominal strain from perhaps playing basketball in the offseason, or as one person suggested, a vacistimey, hernia, etc. The upside is that the Bills know what they have in Glenn, he is working out, and Henderson is getting the reps necessary to insert him as a day 1 starter hopefully.

No need to wait, if they just say "abdominal injury out 3-4 weeks". "Lower Body injury out 3-4 weeks"

Mystery illness with no timetable on one of teh most critical players on the Bills offense. seems a bit unnecessary,

It is unusual.

Player's Bills fans should be concerned about staying healthy to ensure success for 2014:

1.) EJ Manuel

2.) Cordy Glenn

3.) Kiko Alonso

I think you should take a look at your username and take some of your own advice.

It is unusual.

1.) EJ Manuel

2.) Cordy Glenn

3.) Kiko Alonso

It's a NON FOOTBALL INJURY. It's nobody's business except for him and any family or friends he chooses to tell. It isn't our business and they " don't need to throw us friggin anything".

It is unusual.

1.) EJ Manuel

2.) Cordy Glenn

3.) Kiko Alonso

Or--as has been my belief all along--they're simply co-opting his illness as a way to give some rest to the big man with nothing to prove before the long haul begins. Seems particularly likely as we continue to benefit from getting eyes on as many different OL noobs as possible.

And also nobody owes you, me, us anything.

Edited by The Big Cat

Pretty much any medical condition

I'm not saying that it's our right as Bills fans to know what's wrong with Cordy Glenn. I'm saying if I'm Cordy Glenn, why wouldn't I just tell people what's going on? OK so let's say it's a kidney issue. Who cares? I have Crohn's Disease. If I worked in an office and all of a sudden I went missing for two months and everyone in the office was wondering what was wrong with me, I would just be like, "hey guys, I was having some issues with my Crohn's Disease." Why the hell would I care?

I'm not saying that it's our right as Bills fans to know what's wrong with Cordy Glenn. I'm saying if I'm Cordy Glenn, why wouldn't I just tell people what's going on? OK so let's say it's a kidney issue. Who cares? I have Crohn's Disease. If I worked in an office and all of a sudden I went missing for two months and everyone in the office was wondering what was wrong with me, I would just be like, "hey guys, I was having some issues with my Crohn's Disease." Why the hell would I care?

Because some people are willing to speak up and say what they have. Some people prefer to remain private. Everyone is different. He is under zero obligation to say a word about it. He doesn't owe the fans anything about his personal NON football health issues

Because some people are willing to speak up and say what they have. Some people prefer to remain private. Everyone is different. He is under zero obligation to say a word about it. He doesn't owe the fans anything about his personal NON football health issues

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. But unless he is having penile enlargement surgery, I can't imagine anything embarrassing enough that you wouldn't just tell people what was going on. I mean, he is a pretty public figure and a pretty integral part of a team that is obviously very important to a lot of people and thus, people are really concerned about his health. But like you said, everyone is different I suppose.

1.) Because when you're a pro athlete/public figure, every inch of your life is already overexposed and dissected, and it might be nice to enjoy a tiny shred of privacy for once.

2.) Because the second you say anything, there'll be 20,000 a-holes on twitter playing amateur physician and telling you when you can come back, and there'll be 4 idiots on ESPN discussing your medical condition during First Take. Count me out for both of those.

1.) Because when you're a pro athlete/public figure, every inch of your life is already overexposed and dissected, and it might be nice to enjoy a tiny shred of privacy for once.

2.) Because the second you say anything, there'll be 20,000 a-holes on twitter playing amateur physician and telling you when you can come back, and there'll be 4 idiots on ESPN discussing your medical condition during First Take. Count me out for both of those.

That's fair.

Exactly. Glenn doesn't owe us an explanation. The bills don't owe us an explanation. If it was a football injury, they are required to reveal it. If not, they aren't. I don't care what it is. It is none of my business. When he is ok to play he will be back.