Training Camp tweets & media reports, week 3

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 36s

Scott Chandler's hands still a question mark. Three drops today. Balls have a way of bouncing off him with a thud

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 48s

Meanwhile, Tony Moeaki is running sprints behind field during 11-11s. Wouldn't be surprised if he sits Friday night

Chandler is horrendous. I still have not gotten over the ATL game from last year.

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 2m

Another perfect day for Carpenter. 8-8 kicking into slight breeze. Long of just 45. #Bills

Thanks to yolo and everyone for this thread. Appreciate the work.

You're very welcome. Frankly, I am looking forward to taking some time away from the TC twitter for the next few days with the game coming up. It is a bit overly scrutinized by the media, IMO. It is interesting to see what some "reporters" tweet and don't tweet. Never feel like I really get the whole story. I will evaluate this QB and team on real games, and that is it.

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 53s

Tuel now out with the 2's for one of last 11-on-11 segments. Had been Lewis for all reps prior. #Bills

Ha!

Buffalo Rumblings@BuffRumblings 40s

Brothers meme waiting to happen. RT @jgermano1: Bills Mike Williams & Aaron Williams fight for the ball. pic.twitter.com/UWFFmfYR4t

BuYLLI7IcAAy_Fj.jpg

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 2m

Another perfect day for Carpenter. 8-8 kicking into slight breeze. Long of just 45. #Bills

You're very welcome. Frankly, I am looking forward to taking some time away from the TC twitter for the next few days with the game coming up. It is a bit overly scrutinized by the media, IMO. It is interesting to see what some "reporters" tweet and don't tweet. Never feel like I really get the whole story. I will evaluate this QB and team on real games, and that is it.

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 53s

Tuel now out with the 2's for one of last 11-on-11 segments. Had been Lewis for all reps prior. #Bills

Yeah, I hear you. I'm getting sick of every pass getting analyze to death but I can't stay away.

But it's folks like yourself that make the board. Thanks again.

Hey guys, only seven more training camp practices at SJF...which means only seven more opportunities for overreactions and skewed perceptions from our beloved local media!

Seriously, though, I'm curious what we'll see next week when they practice with (against) the Steelers. I've decided I don't give a damn about any other training camp reports from here on out unless they're about an injury.

Speaking of which -- looks like both Spikes and Dareus went down today. No idea if serious.

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 10m

.@CaveManMike19, in-flight with a touchdown landing. Photos from today at #BillsCamp: http://goo.gl/C9JL19 pic.twitter.com/dLgeoc0EVK

BuYnpIdIQAAWIBw.jpg

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 17m

.@EJManuel3: "@robertwoods has done a great job, he's playing hungry." pic.twitter.com/4zGyajhFlR

BuYmc-DIQAAcyTz.jpg

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 19m

.@EJManuel3 on limited time vs @Panthers: "My biggest goal is to go out there and score before we go out of the game"

Andy Young@AndyTWCNews 22m

Safety Da'Norris Searcy out of practice with family emergency. Told Marrone he wanted to return for Friday's game.

Andy Young@AndyTWCNews 24m

Marrone talked about using Spiller more in the passing game. Have seen C.J. and Fred on the field together some lately. Utilizing him key.

Andy Young@AndyTWCNews 26m

Marrone was back to normal in answering questions today after practice, meaning he actually answered them. Night and day.

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 34m

It's best to realize that *some* will overreact to TC/preseason every year, then totally forget about preseason when regular season starts

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 37m

S Da'Norris Searcy (@DSearcy25) is excused for personal reasons. Marrone called him from the field during a break today to check in.

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 45m

Marrone: "@Duke27_ has had a very good camp" - big play today in live goal line work in tandem with Mario Williams.

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 46m

Marrone on @robertwoods: "When he plays with that little chip on his shoulder? He's a darn good football player"

Matthew Fairburn@MatthewFairburn 45m

Marrone added that the Bills are looking for the best combination of receivers. He knows Woods can play all three spots.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 47m

Doug Marrone had a conversation with Robert Woods today. Said offense is trying to find "right combo" at wide receiver

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 48m

Marcell Dareus has a hamstring injury. Limited at end of practice today.

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 49m

Marrone on Leodis McKelvin: "We have a plan that we've talked about. We're going to rest him. When he's ready we'll let him out there"

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 51m

Doug Marrone said he doesn't believe in using 3 backs in game. Wants to use 2. Interesting given Dixon/Brown additions

Buffalo Rumblings@BuffRumblings 52m

Our practice recap features a ton of user comments already. Go check it out. http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2014/8/6/5975525/buffalo-bills-training-camp-2014-day-13-open-thread

John Wawrow@john_wawrow 14s

Now this: EJ overthrows wide open Mike Williams in end zone. Next play scrambles and forces throw to Chandler that's picked. #BillsCamp

Buffalo Sports Guy@716SportsGuy 1h

To me, it looks like one of three things - 1. Mike Williams ran the wrong route 2. E.J. threw it to wrong spot 3. Timing was disrupted

Buffalo Sports Guy@716SportsGuy 58m

Looks like MW flattened out his route after he won on the break, rather than going to the back pylon like E.J. expected. Final decision.

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 1h

#Bills practice just wrapped up. Robert Woods was the best WR on the field today by a lot.

Looks like more of a miscommunication to me. EJ threw to back pylon. HarryGibbs: Manuel misses wide open Williams. https://vine.co/v/M9LX6BXqTre

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 6m

Fans, media, coaches. We've all be wrong about preseason occurrences. Regular season is when legitimate analysis takes place. @JonBissell

Buffalo Sports Guy@716SportsGuy 12m

The A.C. Leonard release may be interesting to #Bills considering Moeaki can't stay on the field/Gragg hasn't shown much.

Edited by YoloinOhio