Positive number 2 last night - the starting d line is awesome

But they didn't play much. Didn't get a chance to play against the Jints Ones in the third series and start to wear down. Maronne is soft. [/s]

Yes they can. I loved the sack/strip by KW. Eli and their starters would have come out after that series but for that awesome play by KW. Dareus looked like he was having fun out there too. I think that whole group is going to be a lot of fun to watch all year.

Mario and Kyle complement each other so well, and I think Jerry Hughes will rack up double digit sacks again.

However, I have to say that it was disheartening last year to watch an elite pass rush that barely made a dent in the team's overall record.

Sage good to see you around.

Your second point just goes to show how important an offense is. Also, the d has to do better at stopping the run.

Mario and Kyle complement each other so well, and I think Jerry Hughes will rack up double digit sacks again.

However, I have to say that it was disheartening last year to watch an elite pass rush that barely made a dent in the team's overall record.

That is correct. This where the play of the "new" LB corps comes in. Spikes looks like he will deliver, and Bradham looked like he was on a mission. If Rivers can also be a good enough contributor, then things will be better on defense.

Boy, I really hope the Bills give Jerry Hughes a contract extension. I don't want to risk him becoming a free agent.

Our starting line, and one of our starting LBs is really good... the rest there are serious questions. Hopefully we have a good plan for a healthy rotation that keeps skilled players on the field, otherwise we're in for another long season of not stopping the run consistently and giving up too many successful 3rd down conversions.

I don't mean to step on the #legendofkikoalonso but all I needed to see was one series to realize how ill-suited he was to the MLB position. Spikes is a beast and brings the attitude needed to stop the run. Kiko would have been awesome at WLB and we'll have to look forward to that next year. That said, Bradham had an awesome first series as well.

Wait, this is a D-line thread. Never mind. :bag:

As long as we stay healthy we should defiantly be a top 10 unit at the very least. We may have some drop off in the secondary and our LB's are probably weaker with the loss of THE KIKO, but I figure that with Spikes our Run D will be better and that is an area where we really struggled last year. I'm very hopeful.

Get off the field after 3rd down.

Let's see us rocket up the NFL charts in that category. Like from worst to first kind of thing.

That will be a result of stopping the run AND the PASS....AND

Result IN:

More plays/time/opportunities for our young QB

Better field position for our young QB

Less points for the other team (resulting in less pressure on our young QB)

The rest is up to our young QB.

They got Pettine a head coaching job and made it seem like he is a big loss. Truth is, you have to be a terrible DC to not be good with that talent. Sadly, Wanny was. Schwartz had to be salivating to become our DC.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

No different than last year; but a high quality team is made up of more than a good defensive line.

True, but a high quality defense starts with a first rate defensive line, and we have that! We need the offense to be good enough to keep them off the field for a while and they'll be fun to watch. Scoring a few points would be nice too...