Where will we finish (record & Division)

MClem06

116 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

• 6-10 or lower
    • 7-9 to 9-7
    • 10-6 or higher
  2. 2. Where will we finish in the division?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that no one has the Bills winning the first game but me. I think that Chicago at home should be a win. It may be a sloppy win but a win in my mind. Why so negative about the first game people???

Opening game, on the road, against a better-than-people-think Bears team. The good news is it's only week one, and a non conference game, a loss doesn't hurt the Bills in the long run and following that up with two straight home games and another winnable one on the road against the Texans and the Bills could easily finish 3-1 to start the season.

• 1 SEP 7 1:00PMEDT ) AT BEARS W 1-0
  • 2 SEP 14 1:00PMEDT * DOLPHINS W 2-0
  • 3 SEP 21 1:00PMEDT * CHARGERS W 3-0
  • 4 SEP 28 1:00PMEDT * AT TEXANS W 4-0
  • 5 OCT 5 1:00PMEDT ) AT LIONS W 5-0
  • 6 OCT 12 1:00PMEDT * PATRIOTS W 6-0
  • 7 OCT 19 1:00PMEDT ) VIKINGS W 7-0
  • 8 OCT 26 1:00PMEDT * AT JETS L 7-1
  • 10 NOV 9 1:00PMEST * CHIEFS W 8-1
  • 11 NOV 13 8:25PMEST , AT DOLPHINS W 9-1
  • 12 NOV 23 1:00PMEST * JETS W 10-1
  • 13 NOV 30 1:00PMEST * BROWNS W 11-1
  • 14 DEC 7 4:05PMEST * AT BRONCOS L 11-2
  • 15 DEC 14 1:00PMEST ) PACKERS W 12-2 (Win clinches Div Championship)
  • 16 DEC 21 4:25PMEST * AT RAIDERS W 13-2 (Win Clinches Home Field Throughout the Playoffs)
  • 17 DEC 28 1:00PMEST * AT PATRIOTS L 13-3 (Starters out of the game after the 1st qtr.)

I'm seeing about 8-8 right now. Things could change either way depending on how they do in the pre season.

It doesn't bode well that Marrone is so frustrated with the offense, and the O line is in shambles with Glenn out. things could go horribly wrong should Glenn not make it back into the lineup anytime soon.

Interesting that no one has the Bills winning the first game but me. I think that Chicago at home should be a win. It may be a sloppy win but a win in my mind. Why so negative about the first game people???

We don't play the Bears at home, we play them in Chicago. They're working under a very polished offense with a veteran QB who, love him, or hate him, has a proven arm. But, he does rattle, and even with the loss of Kiko, and Bradham, I think we can do just that. Like I mentioned earlier, this is a great game to have Schwartz as our DC. We're kidding ourselves if we think this won't be a hard win, but I do think this is a winnable game. Their run defense was abysmal last season. The more I think about it, the more I think this may be a good first matchup. An opening day win would be huge for the team, especially on the road.

I voted 10-6 and 2nd. I see four games that look extremely difficult to win at this point

1. Chicago (they are usually one of the best teams in the league in the first half of the year and we're on the road)

2. At Denver

3. Two New England games.

This is the best team in some time. Let's get it.

See the final game of the 2004 season vs Pittsburgh...

OK, I had to look it up. Don't worry, the sick feeling came right back. I'd still rather play a backup than Brady, but the most fun would be to have Brady in there and pummel him all day in a Bills win.

Not sure I'd include 9-7 with 7-9. One's a winning record and the other is par for the course in Bills' land. Huge difference Imo.

That being said, I'll go with the optimistic (read: pre-season) view of the season: 9-7 and 2nd in the division.

Yep, me too. But I struggled with it as I'm steeled against anything better than 7-9 until I witness it. IF we are our typical selves and stink up another campaign, Marrone won't deserve to stay and we start all over again. Dammit!

So yeah, 9-7 and in the playoff hunt. Or else....

SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This !

or

I have no gosh darned idea yet. i need more time :blush:

I voted for.....IN!

There ya go brother .

Hope - 19-0, obviously

Expectation - 5-11

You are having troubles at home ? No ? Job stress ? Possibly ?

Pm me brother , we need to get you turned around and back on track. :flirt:

December looks like a tough way to finish... Yikes! Being realistic, I've got to hope the Pats have things wrapped up and sit everybody for the final game - we may need that badly.

I would rather roll over and embarrass a completely healthy NE in a game that they must win to reach the postseason.

At some point you have to let go of the little brother syndrome and assert yourself.

It is a common theme amongst us.

I think the Bills take out NE this year. Every year people keep saying NE is too good.....blah, blah, blah. NE is not all that. What I got from watching the last game against them last year, they took the passing game away with Brady at the helm. Brady couldn't get the passing game going at all. They ran the ball and special teams was particularly bad. It is no stretch for the Bills to win the division.

That said, the Bills are poised to take the division. The additions to the team and another year of experience for the existing members and this team is ready. Why do you think Freddy decided to stick around? He could have retired. Can't believe the negativity here.

I disagree with that statement strongly. Last year, the Bills played 8 games where they finished within 7 points and split 4-4. Despite an identical record to 2011 and 2012, that was much better than they did in those other years. In 2012, the bills played 6 games within 7 points and went 2-4. In 2011 they played 8 games and went 3-5. Until this team shows that they can actually win the close ones, I will be skeptical. Most importantly, they have to win more division games. In the last 2 years, they've gone 1-1, 0-2, and 0-2 versus the patriots; 0-2, 1-1, 1-1 versus the Jets; and 0-2, 1-1, 2-0 versus Miami. They've improved each year overall, but have to win more of those games to have a shot. I'm optimistic, but believe it will depend very much on the offense.

I believe you are correct. I also thonk Marrone is conciously working this point. I was pleased to read about th red zone and 3rd and short emphasis he has put into practices. Its gonna be the offense and how they manage the ball. 3 and outs and 3 points dont win games . Seems like the Bills are quite aware of the deficiencies so far , to me.

better be sloppy by the Bears.

Because we have been underdogs for about...... forever

: )

I think it can be won .

but then Bills would come home and lose if history is a factor

I'm seeing about 8-8 right now. Things could change either way depending on how they do in the pre season.

It doesn't bode well that Marrone is so frustrated with the offense, and the O line is in shambles with Glenn out. things could go horribly wrong should Glenn not make it back into the lineup anytime soon.

Fear of Commitment FTL ?

I would rather roll over and embarrass a completely healthy NE in a game that they must win to reach the postseason.

At some point you have to let go of the little brother syndrome and assert yourself.

It is a common theme amongst us.

I do completely agree. It's just hard, you know.... if you've been paying attention.

I hope this is the year!

Wk 1 SEP 7 at Chicago L

Wk 2 SEP 14 MIAMI W

Wk 3 SEP 21 SAN DIEGO W

Wk 4 SEP 28 at Houston W

Wk 5 OCT 5 at Detroit L

Wk 6 OCT 12 NEW ENGLAND L

Wk 7 OCT 19 MINNESOTA W

Wk 8 OCT 26 at New York Jets L

Wk 9 Bye

Wk 10 NOV 9 KANSAS CITY L

Wk 11 NOV 13 at Miami W

Wk 12 NOV 23 NEW YORK JETS W

Wk 13 NOV 30 CLEVELAND W

Wk 14 DEC 7 at Denver L

Wk 15 DEC 14 GREEN BAY W

Wk 16 DEC 21 at Oakland W

Wk 17 DEC 28 at New England W

10-6, 2d in division, Wild Card

i will be curious to see how this poll changes on Monday morning. i wasn't happy with what I saw from EJ at camp. still not stepping up in the pocket and delivering a strike. he short arms it and his passes sail on him. i was hoping the QB coach would have helped him more by now. the only impressive thing is our D-Line and RB depth and Sammy looks like a weapon if they can figure out how to get him the ball. I will be interested to see how it all comes together on Sunday vs a very mediocre team

This !

or

I have no gosh darned idea yet. i need more time :blush:

There ya go brother .

You are having troubles at home ? No ? Job stress ? Possibly ?

Pm me brother , we need to get you turned around and back on track. :flirt:

Just my character... I keep expectations low, and hope for the best haha.