Worst Game in Bills History

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't believe no one said home run throwback. talk about ripping your heart out.

That wasn't a bad game, so much as a decent game with a bad result.

The 6-3 game was one of the worst football games in general I ever remember watching. However, I have to believe even worse Bills games have been played. You can't convince me that every game Bruce Mathison ever played or Kay Stephenson coached was better than that one.

I agree with almost all the games said. One that I have to mention because it still kills me to this day is that 29-24 loss to the steelers in 2004 I think it was. Win and we were "in" (playoffs) ... Instead we get our butts kicked by 2nd and 3rd stringers.

so embarrassing and maddening.

this his my worst game too

For me: The Bills played their first Rich Stadium game in Orchard Park on August 17, 1973, losing to the Washington Redskins, 37-21. The very first play was the opening kickoff retuirned for a touchdown by Washington, an omen to come? Still remember tossing the commeriative coin and program guide over the back of the noise bleed section seating...

The Titans game still hurts though!

That wasn't a bad game, so much as a decent game with a bad result.

The 6-3 game was one of the worst football games in general I ever remember watching. However, I have to believe even worse Bills games have been played. You can't convince me that every game Bruce Mathison ever played or Kay Stephenson coached was better than that one.

The Losman game at the Steelers was awful. Also the Losman game at Tampa. When I think "worst game" I'm thinking about games that made me disgusted and want to turn off the TV -- not doing so solely because it's the Bills.

The Losman game at the Steelers was awful. Also the Losman game at Tampa. When I think "worst game" I'm thinking about games that made me disgusted and want to turn off the TV -- not doing so solely because it's the Bills.

If you're disgusted and want to turn it off...it's not the worst game. The WORST game is the one that leaves you disgusted and keeps you watching, because you just can't believe you're seeing something so cosmically awful.

By analogy, it's the difference between Jaws 4 and Sharknado.

I'm going to answer this in general terms. Any of the games during the '84 through 85 seasons. The Bills were one of the 2 worst teams in the NFL back then. 2-14 both seasons, so we went into those games knowing it wasn't going to be competitive. And they weren't competitive. Anytime you have quarterbacks named Dufek and Farragamo, you're not going to reach the promised land. All games were ugly, even the 4 wins over those two years.

worst game maybe 6-3 Browns... 8-0 Browns in the Blizzard was awful too. 6-3 OT vs Giants Replacement Players in 1987 had to be the worst.

Worst watching experience? Probably worse but off the top of my head is the Seattle in Toronto blowout and this season's game at Tampa Bay

Edited by May Day 10

How many times must i go through this...IT WAS NOT WIN AND YOUR IN...It was win and have a Jets loss and your in. The Jets stopped playing thier starters after they saw the Bills lost, lost on OT to the Rams...But were ahead in the game when the Bills score was announced in St Loius.

Well whatever it was, the game was an embarrassment.

Though the Bills won, surprised nobody mentioned the '87 Classic 6-3 OT win for the counterfeit Bills over the Giants.

No score until the 4th and missed field goals everywhere. The 2 worst scab squads put on one for the ages.

How about every year when we are 3-1, 3-2, 3-3 or 4-2, 4-3? We have some pivotal game where we could go up by 2 games on the Jets and Dolphins ( sometime even a game or two on the patriots) and somebody gets hurt or we just lose in terrible fashion. We never recover. Ever. Then lose like 5 of 6. That is the $&@#iest feeling every damn year... But I'm still here, GO BILLS!

Specifically biggest let down Ronnie Harmon vs browns :'(