Why do dogs sniff each other's butts?

mead107

I know the reason...but I've answered enough trivia questions from you people over the years. It's someone else's turn.

Damn it Tom...you give us answers on quantum physics, binaries and the Korean War, but when we really need an answer on a pressing issue, you leave us hanging.

Damn it Tom...you give us answers on quantum physics, binaries and the Korean War, but when we really need an answer on a pressing issue, you leave us hanging.

How's it hanging?

Years ago my grandparents operated the county humane society where we lived and of course I spent a lot of time at the shelter as a child and later as a teenager, helping out in any way I could. When I was a youngster I asked my Grandfather this exact question almost word for word and his answer was beyond comical and I would enjoy sharing it with everybody on the forum, because I still laugh about his response till this day. And I'm positive some of you will enjoy it also. So here goes:

"When all the dogs ruled the world they would have these worldly conferences and all the dogs aound the world would obviously attend. At the conference the dogs would show up, check in, and then hang up their !@#$". (Dogs couldn't hang up their coats like humans so they hung up their !@#$s instead) "There was a huge fire at the conference and in a mad rush the dogs ran for their lives grabbing an !@#$ that they thought was theirs, as they fled in horror."

"As the dawn set on the next day all the dogs were thankful that they had survived the giant fire, but they were saddened when they realized that they ALL had some other dog's !@#$ and not their own. From that day till now and forever more, dogs will sniff another dogs ass because they are all still looking for their own ass"

Enjoy everybody; Lou.